The Art of Figging (ginger play)

Blade

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
May 5, 2008
This could go in spanking section also but I thought it might be better placed here. Figging involved placing a shaved ginger root into your subs anus before punishment. After several minutes the ginger starts to create a stinging pain that gets worse when the sub clinches his/her butt.

All you have to do is shave off the skin off a fair size piece of ginger with a knife and shape it into a rod. Then insert it into your slaves anus. It will take a bit but the pain will become unbearable. It's safe and very effective. I can't stress how great a punishment tool this is.

Because I am not the best explainer I have a great description that seems to no longer be online reproduced below. You can also get more info on my old getDare thread.

6nsu0qp.jpg

The below excerpt was originally published here:
http://www.leathernroses.com/generalbdsm/figging.htm

Buy the largest hand [of ginger (see picture above)] you can find and scurry it home. Keep the entire hand in a cool dry place until you are ready to use it. The sooner you use it, however, the better the effect unless you age it properly which I'll get to later. When play time rolls around, I usually like to have my sub bound, face down on the bed over a pillow. No blindfold here. I make it a point of allowing her to watch and hear me prepare the ginger. The anticipation is spectacular especially if she's never experienced it before. The gyrations generated from the anticipation alone are well worth the experience. Now you are ready to cut a finger of ginger from the hand. Unless the fingers are very long, do not cut the finger off at the joint of the hand. Remove the finger by cutting down into the palm of the hand so that you get a long, uniform width finger. I like to use a finger no smaller than 4 inches. Longer is better. Take a paring knife or vegetable peeler and remove the brown skin. Make sure all the skin is off as well as insuring that all the bumps and knots are cut off and smoothed as well. Try not to remove too much meat underneath, as you want to retain as full a finger as possible. Take your time and don't rush this step. As you work, rinse it under cold water periodically to help wash away pieces of skin. Ginger is fibrous and sometimes takes a little time to prepare properly. If you're into oriental cooking, you'll love the delicate ginger aroma that is
released as you do this step. The smell is a great stimulus for the sub as well. It heralds
things to cum (yes, pun intended). After you have the skinned root all smooth and nice, you now have to perform the tricky bit. With the paring knife, about two-thirds of the way down the root, carefully carve a concavity around the finger. This will act as a retention device. Similar to a butt plug where the sphincter locks around the tapered portion of the plug, the concavity will do the same thing. Make the ring no more than a half inch wide. Remember; do not taper the finger all the way down to the end. You want full circumference of the finger two-thirds of the way down, a half-inch retention ring and then full circumference continuing down to the end of the finger. Do not carve out too much however, as this will weaken the finger and increase the possibility of breaking it while in the sub. You don't need a very deep ring for retention.

After you have carefully completed this step, rinse the finger off and dip it in cold water. Make sure the tip of the finger is sufficiently rounded. You can always touch this area up with a knife or peeler. Now it's ready to insert. Unlike your own finger, you do not use lube with a ginger finger. Lubricant acts as a sealant and prevents the ginger moisture from doing its thing. Instead, use the cold water to keep the finger wet. Slowly insert the finger into the sub's anus. DON'T RUSH HERE. TAKE YOUR TIME. Wet ginger is slick enough to slide in with care. When the anus finally
opens and accepts the ginger, slide it in up the ring and let the sub close around it. The beauty of ginger is that it takes a little while for the effect to take place. Once it begins, it builds steadily. While you are waiting for the fun to begin, go wash off your hands. You don't want to touch your eyes or your sub's eyes by accident with ginger on your hands. Now sit down in a comfy chair and enjoy the show. Most submissives will become rather vocal as the ginger works its magic.

tempered_sugar

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
Toothpaste gives a similar sensation kind of a burning freez, if that makes sense. If your a girl can put toothpaste on your clit or use one of those mouth freshner strip things.

Also again one for the girls if the guy eats an extra strong mint before going down on you it has a similar effect. The minty cold doesn't wash straight off either so the feeling stays for a while after. Don't put toothpaste on a dildo yukie feeling in my opinion, I asked not to have to do that again.

Agent Green

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
Toothpaste gives a similar sensation kind of a burning freez, if that makes sense. If your a girl can put toothpaste on your clit or use one of those mouth freshner strip things.

Also again one for the girls if the guy eats an extra strong mint before going down on you it has a similar effect. The minty cold doesn't wash straight off either so the feeling stays for a while after. Don't put toothpaste on a dildo yukie feeling in my opinion, I asked not to have to do that again.

I'm curious if the toothpaste has the same butt clinch sting. The reason ginger works so well is that it causes tension and, in turn, anticipation to result in pain. Does the toothpaste burn also intensify in this situation?

TensionRoom101

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Dominant
No, not really. The toothpaste has a bizarre cooling sensation that paradoxically gets hot simultaneously, and the effects can last for a while. Not really in the same league as figging, but it certainly works as a deterrent with the threat of the ginger to follow though.

tempered_sugar

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
Ok didn't mean it was exactly the same just that it is a weird sensation as well didn't mean to creat confusion just thought it went well with this thread is all :D

Ricardo

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 8, 2008
I seem to remember that some kinds of bar soap can have a stinging sensation when inserted. Obviously the size of the soap would have to be manageable itself. :cool:

Has anybody tried that?

Blade

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
May 5, 2008
This thread is quickly veering off topic fast but yes soap works great in the urinary tract. If you fashion a small sliver of soap from a bar and insert it into the penis it will cause a burning sensation.

So anyways, back to ginger. I might note that most dried ginger powders you may have for cooking work great too. It can't beat a freshly peeled piece but it still has the same effect. Except much less so.

Strawberry

• Straight
  • Female
  • Slave
Nov 21, 2007
In my house
I wanna try this so badly :p
Figging is a fun word. On a related note: I tried playing with Chilli once.... Big mistake :p A word of advice: DON'T...

Meander

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
May 9, 2008
kylyssa.blogspot.com
I'd like to add that ginger should not be inserted into the vagina as it will throw off the PH balance. However, a freshly cut piece can be pressed against the clitoris only for a minute or so to create a strong stinging sensation. It should be washed off afterwards to avoid spreading it to the vagina.

theinvisibleman

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
May 11, 2008
the vagina is self cleaning so any upset to the PH balance will soon be flushed away.
Aparently the chemical composition of ginger on the clit and inside the ass is suppose to make women go into super horny mode... Not sure if the same can be said for males.. :)

stephpoet

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Switch
May 25, 2008
I know a couple of subs who may be into this...will have to try sometime soon! Thanks for sharing.

tawniessam

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Jul 18, 2008
I have had a sliver of ginger inserted into my penis many times. It is an intense burn, but not nearly as unbearable as Ben Gay or Capsacin applied to the nether regions.

willyable

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Aug 1, 2008
No, not really. The toothpaste has a bizarre cooling sensation that paradoxically gets hot simultaneously, and the effects can last for a while. Not really in the same league as figging, but it certainly works as a deterrent with the threat of the ginger to follow though.

I lik ethe idea of the toothpaste better. It sounds more like that jelly that gets hot when you rub it on.

slavemichi

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Oct 29, 2008
Florida
Wondering... is there a limit to how long the ginger should be left inside the asshole?

I'm really happen for finding this. :O:O I love new punishments. xD I think my Master will be pleased as well.

Btw, that link didn't work.

Edit -- He was. :p

Can it be reused, btw? Maybe if I peeled new a thin layer off it?

Last edited:

slave_fantasy

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Slave
Jan 15, 2009
in bucharest
my Master tried ginger on me for the first time about one year ago, as a punishment for trying to masturbate my ass. he tied me up in the morning and fucked my ass with the ginger for about 10 minutes....i don't cry very easy, but this time i started after the first 2 minutes because the burn and the pain was very intense. when he saw i could not take it anymore he fucked my pussy with it and then my clit.....everything as burning and kept burning the entire day...now my Master knows that this is the kind of punishment that works everytime

Featured Threads

New Personals