CuriouslyInterested

Verified Dragon
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Staff member
Jan 12, 2015
Midwest
So many of the posts here on Kink Talk are personal ads or people looking for play partners. Many of them get repeated and bumped. One thing I've noticed is men, both dominant and submissive, answer ads frequently where as women rarely post on ads answering them, and women rarely post them in general. I also have noticed some times people who respond often ignore the target audience or requirements of the ad and answer anyways.

These observations make me curious what makes people respond to ads and what things posters look at when they choose from the applicants? Are there things people can do to increase their chances of success?

What makes you answer an ad and what makes you want to ignore it? Is there something specific in the content that turns you on or off? Is it just the possibility of finding your preferred gender and orientation of partner? Is it just kinks listed that are in common with your own? Do you respond to ads frequently or only when an ad sparks an interest?

If you post an ad, are there things that make it unlikely you'll respond to an applicant? Are there things that make applicants more attractive than others?

I'd really love to see some open discussion on this, as I think everyone can benefit from the responses. What can help people get better responses and applicants improve their chances?

fairtitania

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Mar 31, 2015
I think all the women know what happens if they express any interest. You become inundated with a range of responses, that most times are a bit lacking in knowing what would bring a positive response. For me, the sexiest part is the brain, and okay, sometimes the hormones are high, but I need to feel dominated by a brain. So, many of the ads that are brief and brutal don't interest me.

For me to respond to an ad, it would need to give me more of an idea of how the Dom thinks and how they see their role. What is their experience and what do they want from the relationship? How intense? Take time and frame a clear ad that makes me want to submit to a powerful man.

romancer

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Dec 2, 2013
South London
I have replied, ranging from one liners out of time restrictions or please 'kik' me to more detailed replies. I try to aim for an age range that is over 25 but to be honest its a bit like getting a job, if you are lucky you get one reply in ten and even those can be vague.

As fairtitania says I too am after the brain first, because I want to be stimulated that way too.

I enjoy the challenge that a woman brings to me as a male dom. And its not just using/abusing/playing with her body but her clothing, her days, how being a sub interacts with her r/l (real life) and being aware of when her r/l will make it difficult for her to be what she wants. and much more besides. Unfortunately we rarely see any women like that on here. Maybe they prefer to lurk and contact if they see something they like.

As for kt itself, the majority of the ads are from guys who are looking to be dominated and that as we have seen on previous posts on similar subjects, puts people off, especially women who want to be subs. I get offers from men on Get Dare through my kik who want to be dominated. And there is an increasing number of women who want to be dominated on GD who are having the same problems.
It is a sub get dare culture on kt and quite a few of the ads that are from women on here are also on get dare and lets face it the only real difference is you can't post hard sexual content pics on Get Dare.

MasterMichaelNY

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 19, 2015
New York
I'm still trying to figure it out, but there is a huge difference in response to a ad. Let me explain. I play both online, and face to face. If I use the same ad here as I would post on a face to face, my real life ad gets more replies, than on line.
It seems to me, as a Master, female slaves, have a glut of on line Masters, but in real life the odds are in my favor.

Also, it strange. If I put a ad at Fet Life for face to face, no answer. But if I put a ad in back page, I get three answers, every time, every ad and 3 different woman. Go figure

MasterMichaelNY

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 19, 2015
New York
I look at you ad, then tried to message you in private to tell what could be fixed, but for some reason the site won't let me, and I'm not going to post what I thought in public

Kuifje

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 11, 2016
I look at you ad, then tried to message you in private to tell what could be fixed, but for some reason the site won't let me, and I'm not going to post what I thought in public

I've pmed you, I hope you still want to share your improvements with me.

Featured Threads

New Personals