Male Body Shaving Tips

Agent Green

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
I've been thinking about possibly shaving my entire body lately but being a guy have never done this. I'm a bit hairy but not overly so and not unattractive. I would just need to shave my chest arms and legs. Having never done this I am wondering what the best way to do it would be. I'm really worried whatever I do will result in red irritated skin. Has anyone done this before and come out with good results. What methods work best? Thanks!

aika

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
May 20, 2008
England
I was considering shaving or trimming my pubic region and wanted to know what girls thought about guys pubic hair and if it's better there or not.. I hope that's on topic.

Joker

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
May 11, 2008
Iowa
A few weeks ago me and a friend shaved my roommates chest & back because his GF was drunk and thought it would be funny so he thought he would amuse her.

1.) Dont use dull razors, use lots of shaving cream.

2.) Dont use an electric shaver (sideburn trimmer part of it)

3.) Have some lotion on hand to rub over which ever region you decide to shave.

We shaved him on a spur of the moment thing so i cant offer much advice. He had ALOT of razor burn on his belly and lower back, he looked like he had been dragged through barbwire or something! Good times, next time we are going to wax him :) *Yes I like seeing other people in pain* lol

lestat221

Administrator
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Staff member
Mar 15, 2008
yeah I get quite a bit (razorburn) on my belly, i dunno how to stop it though... i need to shave to put on the fake belly ring or it won't look good, but it looks like shit the next day :mad:

Momof2

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jun 24, 2008
Razor will make you itch and break out in small red spots, waxing will hurt but the effect is smooth and hair free, creams are the easiest but these can leave a rash too.

tempered_sugar

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
Have to agree creams are the best. I recently got some because I was finding I was getting red spots from shaving my bikini line alot. Creams seem to work well and I recently used it on my bfs balls cos he said its hard to shave them and it worked so good! I kept stroking his smooth balls lol

I works well on the legs as well and underarms so I would go with cream. To stop getting red spots exfoliate after, this will stop the re-growth getting stuck under the skin and coursing spots. Something I only found out the other day and it works!

Crunch

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jul 22, 2008
Good tips! My man isn't really hairy but he has enough and I have been thinking about seeing if he'd be willing to do something about some of it! haha ( I'm not into extremely hair men!) I will have to try some of these and see hwo they work!

Tabby

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Dominant
May 6, 2008
Just don't let him shave his pubes and leave everything else alone. There's nothing less attractive than a guy with smooth pubes and a hairy stomach and legs.

I think that for guys with noticeable leg and stomach hair, the best thing is to trim so that their pubic hair is about as thick as the surrounding body hair. This way it's neat and tidy, but it doesn't look horribly out of place.

Simplyme

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
May 13, 2008
One of my ex's actually shaved just his pubic region and then had extremely hairy legs and as rude as it sounds I was brought to laughter every time I had to look at him naked. Not cause he looked bad naked just a little funny :eek:

OffKilterHalo

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Dec 18, 2008
I'll add my two cents worth.

One: I shave in the shower after I've washed (while washing?). I find this softens up the hair. (Just stay out of the water, and then you can rinse as soon as you're "done". You're going to miss a few spots, be sure to use more gel/cream when you go back over them).

Two: Definitely use a good shaving cream / shaving gel.

Three: For areas that get those annoying red spots (usually the pubic region and upper thighs) I've found that Bikini Zone Gel is incredible stuff.

Four: DO NOT use the same blade you use to shave your face (or head for that matter).

Five: Some people dispute this, but I use the multi-bladed razors. The Gillette Fusion for me.

Six: If you can't easily reach it or see it, have someone you really TRUST help you out.

Seven: Be really careful to never ever allow the razor cartridge to slide in the direction the blades run. You'll find you suddenly have several very painful stripes bleeding on you.

Eight: Go slowly!! You also will learn that you don't need a lot of pressure for the most part (your experience may vary). Try to avoid running over the same place multiple times.

Anyhow... hope that helps somewhat.

odineu

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
May 18, 2008
Yup

I've tried it and really the experience depends how well you did it. If you mess up well the irritation and look of it wont' really be too pleasant but if you did it right it's amazing, very comfy and sensual!

ldc1221

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Nov 23, 2008
One of my ex's actually shaved just his pubic region and then had extremely hairy legs and as rude as it sounds I was brought to laughter every time I had to look at him naked. Not cause he looked bad naked just a little funny :eek:

I use to shave Only my pubic area when i was dating my ex, i never shaved my legs or anything else since it would just be kinda weird to shave my legs. But she wanted me to shave my pubes for oral sex and i always did, but i havent shaved them since. Its too much of a pain to shave them since i cant seem to keep up with it, if i get another gf who wants me to then i will, but being single i dont see the point.

lestat221

Administrator
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Staff member
Mar 15, 2008
I'll add my two cents worth.

One: I shave in the shower after I've washed (while washing?). I find this softens up the hair. (Just stay out of the water, and then you can rinse as soon as you're "done". You're going to miss a few spots, be sure to use more gel/cream when you go back over them).

Two: Definitely use a good shaving cream / shaving gel.

Three: For areas that get those annoying red spots (usually the pubic region and upper thighs) I've found that Bikini Zone Gel is incredible stuff.

Four: DO NOT use the same blade you use to shave your face (or head for that matter).

Five: Some people dispute this, but I use the multi-bladed razors. The Gillette Fusion for me.

Six: If you can't easily reach it or see it, have someone you really TRUST help you out.

Seven: Be really careful to never ever allow the razor cartridge to slide in the direction the blades run. You'll find you suddenly have several very painful stripes bleeding on you.

Eight: Go slowly!! You also will learn that you don't need a lot of pressure for the most part (your experience may vary). Try to avoid running over the same place multiple times.

Anyhow... hope that helps somewhat.

Hmm.... that sounded like 8 cents to me... you LIE! :D

SubMissChievous

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jan 9, 2008
Canada
Agent Green said:
I've been thinking about possibly shaving my entire body lately but being a guy have never done this. I'm a bit hairy but not overly so and not unattractive. I would just need to shave my chest arms and legs. Having never done this I am wondering what the best way to do it would be. I'm really worried whatever I do will result in red irritated skin. Has anyone done this before and come out with good results. What methods work best?

Being a girl I do shave of course. I?ve always had a very thin and sensitive type of skin coupled with allergy problems and eczema so shaving has been quite a challenge for me and I had to test several things to avoid those irrations and also the itchiness that can come along with it when the hair grows back.

You?ve got already quite a few good tips and, yes, using a good moisturizer is a must. One product that has never failed me is Aveeno:

http://well.ca/products/aveeno-daily-moisturizing-lotion_6720.html

They have a vast choice of creams and lotions that are made for sensitive and/or itchy skin. These work perfectly for after shaving as well since when you shave your skin is ?unprotected? and naturally from fragile then.

Joker said:
Dont use dull razors, use lots of shaving cream.

Hmm? I would say it depends on which region of the body you?re shaving? For more delicate areas I?ve learned at my own expense that using a new sharp blade can actually provoke irritations so for the pubic region I always use a blade that?s already been used once before.

lestat221 said:
yeah I get quite a bit (razorburn) on my belly, i dunno how to stop it though... i need to shave to put on the fake belly ring or it won't look good, but it looks like shit the next day

Some of the reasons that could be the cause of razorburns is if you go over the same area too many times or if you shave against the growth of hair. I suppose there could be other reasons but those are the ones I know of. Instead of going over the same place, if there are hairs that refuse to come off with the razor you better take care of them with tweezers afterwards.

OffKilterHalo said:
: I shave in the shower after I've washed (while washing?). I find this softens up the hair.

Doing it in the shower is an option. But I would recommend to do it AFTER washing not before or during. Every time you shave the razor inevitably cause some microscopic cuts to the skin and the contact with soap can cause some irritations and a burning sensation. So it?s better to do it after and make sure the skin is well rinsed.

Some people don?t like shaving while showering so another option is to cover the area you want to shave with a hot wet towel and leave it there for a few minutes. This will soften the hair as well as the shower water :)

Well hopes that help a bit :)

Tame

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
May 22, 2009
I shave fully and I always use a new single blade razor I use shaving foam, not that it helps with itching or anything, you get use to that, but it does help remind you where you missed. I always shave in the shower and always use either bio oil or coco butter after as i find that removed the itching. I only need to shave every other day but use bio/coco everyday... as a side effect your skin also starts to look better and scars start to fade!

jack

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Aug 7, 2008
After I shaved my pubic region I couldn't stop scratching.
I would suggest using hair removal cream, it's easier and is safer-eliminates the chances of cutting yourself.
I very nearly cut my testicles, scared the hell out of me :eek:

Featured Threads

New Personals