Have you heard of "Glory Hole"

Simplyme

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
May 13, 2008
I have a friend who was telling me about this new turn on. Where people actually have anonymous sex through holes in a wall.

I had never heard of this before and I am usually open to a lot but this just sounds more dangerous than kinky.

Have you heard of it and if so what are your thoughts on it? I am really curious to hear what you have to say about.

tempered_sugar

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
I think it was something that became "fashionable" in the 1980s. I thought that it was mainly for blow jobs, didn't know about full on sex.

I think you are right that it seems to be more risky than kinky, but risky sex is a fetish for some people they like the danger of it and I think it being anonymous side of glory holes would just add to that.

I personally cannot see the appeal at all. Having sex with a total nameless, faceless stranger doesn't sound like my idea of good sex or oral. I think part of sex is the body contact and having a screen between you with only holes in the essential places makes it very clinical to me. I also think it totally reduces a person down to their sexual orifices, where?s the attraction in that? I couldn?t get turned on personally by just a cock in front of my face without knowing whose it was :/ Maybe I'm old fashioned? All I keep thinking as well is STDs would be even more easily caught wouldn't they?

I can see the risk element being the attraction here but can't really see the kinky side, a guy might as well buy one of those masturbators and a woman get a dildo cos they don't have personality or faces either :)

sum1

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 9, 2008
uk
Yeah i think it was mainly blow jobs amongst the gay community during the 80s.
Holes in toilet cubicles, people poking their fingers through as a symbol to the person in the next cubical they're up for sucking.

i have no idea why i know that

TensionRoom101

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Dominant
It's not new by a long shot, and public mens' rooms have had them since shortly after the first cubicle was installed. In a world where gay sex was illegal, they were a way of preserving anonimity and staying safe... tragically ironic as this became a very unsafe practice with the advent of AIDS.

They have only recently (relatively) crossed over into the heterosexual and the fetish worlds, but they are taking off. I have taken both male and female submissives to glory holes to service 'anonymous' cocks.

rumen

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Jun 11, 2008
Aww, this is too open-mined :eek: Hmm, no thank you, I am staying out ;)

Meander

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
May 9, 2008
kylyssa.blogspot.com
I don't see the attraction to completely anonymous sex. I've had numerous types of sex through a chain-link fence before and it was very fun. It was all with known partners, though.

sweetvtmom

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jun 12, 2008
I remember there use to be a x-rated store in a neighborhood I use to live in---we would go in there and you could hear tons of male moaning going on. I never thought anything about it because I figured movies--until my ex husband filled me in on what was actually going on---those glory holes you are talking about were in about 6 different rooms in the back of the store--and men would go back there and do the deed to other men that they couldn't see---YUCK! sorry--not for me!! I never went back to that store..lol

Featured Threads

New Personals