temporarily.exposed changes

andrei

<:: Verified ::>
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
The site is recently changing continuously (glad at least they keep the delete buttons). I am finding it a bit funny. They removed the 1 day extend for some reason (too many chicken reports maybe) and now the maximum time is 6 hours. Then they added a popup list to choose from "the newest", "the longest time", "the expiring" etc. This gets even funnier or scariest when the daily extended people were suddenly moved in the top pages of categories.

I'd love to do an experiment on what happens to one on my photo. So I placed 2 with 1 hour extention each (one expired). If this second expires I will try a 6 hours too.

This time I want to study how much a photo can be exposed after these changes, if chosing 1 or 6 hours, and in which page I can find it. So please just expose my photo hourly just for a day.

Just 2 hours left, I don't mind please extend it a bit so I can see how many clicks it gets from the site users later. Promise cookies for who help me extend it for a day.

https://temporarily.exposed/image/53bf1610-9d0 EDIT: already expired.

Comments are not required but welcome.

Last edited:

piesocial

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Nov 1, 2014
This website artificially inflates the view number. Watch the same dull pic that has appeared every 15 minutes get the same number of views as the pic next to it for evidence. Hundreds per hour.

The website tracks your IP address obsessively and even when you download a pic they stick a big watermark on the top right corner with your IP address encoded in it. So that when you share it with anyone your IP address ends up getting propagated out across the internet by anyone. It's a stupid system and the website it operated by dumb people.

Then, it barely works on top of everything else. Cannot consistently get even switching pages to function properly sometimes images don't load at all or comments or pictures disappear randomly.

andrei

• Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
Well they try to use more protection for people exposed. The IP is cripted in the photo so in case a police report maybe only them can offer evidence. These things are good, no many people play to risk a social suicide. I'm also not playing to get famous. And that tiny QR can be erased with a single click with a Content Aware fill in Photoshop.

Sometimes the site doesn't load properly but if photos disapear they will eventually load next time. Only the bunch of ads annoy me.

EDIT: right I didn't notice their view system. If I view a new photo the view count doesn't change. I'm not sure if by view it also means seeing the thumbnails.

Last edited:

andrei

• Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
I suspected they count the people viewing the pages and not the photos enlarged. But couldn't figure out how to test it. I sent feedback and got my response (I sent a long response back afterwards, I'll keep you informed if I hear something new):

EDIT: and then I noticed they already responded me in comments with the message I just pasted here.
Now would you like to gather some ideas and contribute with suggestions? I think the site is a bit new and the staff is really working into good ideas. I'm a bit worried, unless the staff is working, the site will turn into a bunch of internet crap galleries shadowing the people just having fun to expose.

Hi there,

Thank you for your suggestions. We have never received any feedback on the way we count the views. We recognize it may seem random, but we do count an image as "seen" if it was displayed on the overview, as you are actually seen by someone. We may hold a poll to see which type of view counting is most desirable.

Right now we do not process images that are uploaded before being shared, but we may do this in the future. It is hard to identify the QR code reliably so this may be a ways off. We do not want to introduce too many delays or points of failure to our system.

As for seeing images marked as deletable by the owner, we may report images as "not deletable" to make things more exciting for the poster.

Lastly, please do read our Content Guidelines. Images shared by our users should ALWAYS be of someone you know and actively wants to be posted to our website.

Thanks again and we will work on implementing your suggestions soon

Last edited:

Featured Threads

New Personals