Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
What's normal?

Lol, good point!

However I guess what she means is most likely how to integrate being a masochist into everyday life?
Its not as difficult as you might think, there are many people doing mainstream activities that involve pain. Runners pushing past the "the wall", anyone who plays a contact sport, or my go to activity rock climbing. That regularly involves broken fingers and toes, split finger tips, lots of bruises and so on.
The only real difference is they do it as a byproduct of their activity while a masochist enjoys the pain as a central part of their activity.
In both cases though pain creates a flood of endorphins in the brain, this is effectively like getting shot up with morphine. It is the body's way of masking the pain but it also makes you feel great and thats what gets you hooked.

Its a bit of a cliche that "everyone is different" but its true and for some the endorphins produce much more of the feel good factor, its a complex balance between how active your opiate receptors are and how much and what mix of endorphins are produced.

Pain is an evolutionary trick to help you survive. Imagine running across the savanna chasing down your dinner, you step on a thorn. The pain tells you to stop and find out whats wrong. You extract the thorn but still need to eat so the endorphins make you feel better, in fact it gives you a boost so you can continue to chase!

So stop worrying and embrace your love of pain, its a lot more common that you might imagine.

Wuzcrackn

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jun 22, 2018
Colorado
Who needs normal when being weird is so much more fun! All the things you listed sound pretty normal to me.

Featured Threads

New Personals