Hard to find your way around

tempered_sugar

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
This is just a suggestion but I find it very hard just to browse around the site. The only way I do so without getting confused is to go through the new posts part when I log in.

I just think on the front page there are a lot of categories and that consolidating them more would really help. Like under BDSM, femdom, bondage, corporal punishment and chastity belts could all go under one section. They are all related and it would just make it so much easier to find what you are looking for.

I think also you could get more posts this way as it will look like there are more posts per section then :) Maybe like on getdare you could just have a Master/slave area which would be good for things like Chloe's discussion post. I think the reason getdare works so well is it is all lumped together so that there is a lot of variety in each section.

devilguy

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jul 11, 2008
yea i agree this is a bit hard to navigate around compared to some sites

sum1

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 9, 2008
uk
Ok, i had a quick think this morning on how the site could be simplified, and here's a quick think of how i think it could be done. Sorry for the spelling, like i said it's quick and dirty.

(i'll put it here in the origional odg (open document draw) format so people can edit and make their own suggestions and as a pdf for viewing.

ODG Format for download

Attachments

• kinktalk.pdf
    15.5 KB · Views: 14

Leopard

• Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Mar 24, 2010
Australia
lprd.tumblr.com
I'm really in favour of simplifying the sections, because it is really hard to navigate or even work out where most posts belong, but I think your diagram can be simplified further still:

• Femdom - I don't really see why this needs a whole separate section ... it's the same as the Dominants section, is it not?
  • Foot Fetish and Pet Play can fit under all other kinks. It'd be much neater of all those sorts of things were sub-sections anyway; the main page is pretty daunting.
  • Clothing can go under Equipment.
  • The rest would be as suggested in the PDF.

CollaredBlondie

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Sep 14, 2009
Maybe like on getdare you could just have a Master/slave area which would be good for things like Chloe's discussion post. I think the reason getdare works so well is it is all lumped together so that there is a lot of variety in each section.

I agree with this, the whole suggestion in fact. It probably would help a lot.

Stitch

Administrator
  • Lesbian
  • Female
  • Submissive
Staff member
Apr 18, 2010
I agree with everyone above. With the sections 'together', it may also help with making the site more 'full'. If the date that shows up on the front page are closer to the current date, it is bound to mean that the site has more traffic... right? :rolleyes:

Featured Threads

New Personals