Underage Chatters

DoctorWorm

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
May 7, 2008
I'm fairly certain that legal action has only been taken in cases where the adult actually took steps to take the chat offline. Things like asking to meet, or asking for pics. Without that, it's just lewd comments, which are a misdemeanor, even when directed at a child. And if the person producing the pics claims to be over 18, but then sends pics of someone under 18, then they're the ones actually guilty of a crime (even if the pics are of themselves). So short version is, if you end up chatting with someone underage, just politely stay off of sexual topics if possible.

romancer

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Dec 2, 2013
South London
I saw this and will add a few law things.

In the uk if a 16 to 18 year old couple have any form of text conversation that includes sex or the arranging to have sex they can be prosecuted under the sexting law. The same applies to men or women over 18 having a conversation with someone in that age bracket.

Last year the law on contact was also changed. If you meet someone under the age of 18 and end up having a full relationship after they are 18, which could have lead to marriage maybe even children of your own, no matter what your ages when it comes to light you will be prosecuted and jailed.

No matter how innocent that first contact is.... what you discuss .... you may nevrr discuss anything adilt until he she is in their 20's you will be prosecuted.....

Last edited:

romancer

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Dec 2, 2013
South London
Sorry for the spelling in my previous text...

I would also add in here. I was with my daughter and she was chatting on what is supposed to be a child safe site and the conversation from the other end was full if innuendo and some of it very direct. This site is now also locked off. In theory she was talking to a boy of 14 .... she is 12... no way was he 14... in the end he started asking her for money whuch was how we found out the sexual overtones.

lucky7z

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Apr 3, 2013
without getting into the talk about how it SHOULD be... statutory rape and solicitation of a minor and other offenses involving underage individuals are almost universally strict liability crimes, which means they don't have to prove intent or knowledge... just that you did it.

That said, I was online and on cam and so on when i was underage and people were suspicious of my age b/c of how young i look. Often people would either believe i was 18 or just wouldn't question. I could definitely tell when someone knew I was underage and was looking to take advantage of me being inexperienced with these interactions. I was smart enough to realize but not all minors are. That said... there is a valid reason for such laws but there is all too often a negative result of the over regulation of minors and punishment of adults who didn't realize they were doing anything wrong

Featured Threads

New Personals