Clothespins

slavemichi

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Oct 29, 2008
Florida
Is it safe to put clothespins on the bare clit or hood? I have a clothespin with weights for that. I was just unsure of the saftey. I bought them at a dollar store, if the quality matters.

Also, I was wondering if it's safe to make a "zipper" as some call it with plain cheap clothespins. Such as putting a line of clothespins on the torso and connecting them, and pulling them all off at once. It can't cause like splinters or something right? o_O

AlienMindsInc

Kink Talk Member
  • Gay
  • Male
  • Switch
May 25, 2008
Florida
Never being a female, I can't answer the clit question. However, I can assume from other sites that it can be done safely.

The zipper is a fairly common thing. I would honestly use plastic clips, but I've seen others use the normal wooden ones without ever getting slivers. I guess the best advice is to inspect every clothespin before using to make sure it isn't splintered, and then to periodically check them to make sure the edges are not breaking and they're still safe to use. I really can't see a reason not to do it if you're being responsible about where you put them and making sure your equipment is in good condition.

-M

tempered_sugar

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
I wouldn't recommend it on the actual clit. It hurts like hell for a start and it isn't really advisable and you can do some damage, there are a lot of nerve endings there. I've done it once just to try it for a few seconds, not sure i will again :p

Clit hood is fine though but don't leave it too long, like when using any kind of clips. Test out how tight the pegs are (how hard they pinch), the cheaper ones tend to be better as they aren't as tight. We've tried out a few different types of pegs and cheap is the way to go!

One thing though, buy a few packs. Then once you have used em once throw them away. Higiene is important!

Pegs are fine to use as zippers. Just start off only leaveing them on for a little while. Make sure as well you don't pinch too much skin as you run the risk of breaking the skin when you pull the pegs off. So pincha little skin and make sure the pegs don't have those grip things on them. You can't pull them off! lol

Hope that helps :)

aika

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
May 20, 2008
England
Clothespins hurt. A lot. I've had one experience with them and it was not pleasant.

I would strongly advise against putting that on the part of the body with the most nerve endings to size ratio.

elsa_birch

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Aug 24, 2010
I've put clothes pegs on my clit before and it is really painful. I think it's okay as long as you don't do it for long. It is actually pretty hard getting it to stay on anyway. I found it kept slipping off as I was wet and the clit isn't exactly a massive thing to attach something too!

What I do recommend on the clit are mini crocodile clips though. Be careful as many can be too tight but scrunchi do these fantastic ones that fit on perfectly and hurt pleasantly but aren't too painful. You can leave them on much longer and they do hurt by the end but in the way that makes you wriggle and giggle and want to come with it still clipped on your clit! Yum!

Stitch

Administrator
  • Lesbian
  • Female
  • Submissive
Staff member
Apr 18, 2010
Every girl is a little bit different, and some find clothespin on the clit (bare) intolerable. Some people are a bit more sensitive than others, (often desensitized by excess use of vibrators) and as long as it isn't on for more than 15 minutes (when you're doing it for the first time), it should be fine. To be on the safe side however, you should always start with something potentially 'less' painful (without the teeth) and for a shorter period of time. (Say... a few minutes)

I have noticed that the original post of this thread was posted in '08 but hey, I'm sure a lot of people enjoy clothespins. :)

akc

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Feb 14, 2014
From a guy's perspective

I had a girlfriend who would BEG me to pinch her clit as hard as I could so I started using a clothespin clipped right onto to her bare clit and would she light up like a Christmas tree when it was on. Only once did she complain about being sore afterwards (there were no complaints at the time) but I left it on her clit for ~20-30 minutes while I had her tied up and made her wait.

Kisa

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Switch
Jan 1, 2012
Florida
Clothespins are fine on the clit, just like with other parts of the body be aware that you're cutting off blood flow etc etc. The sanitation issue mentioned before is very important, especially if you're prone to UTIs. If they're used downstairs, they're a one-time only for wooden clothespins. Plastic ones could be washed after use. They're really embarrassingly effective on the labia lips as well, they can be flicked or vibrated to give some interesting stimulation without touching the clit itself.

Zippers are safe to do, though I've found the cheapo dollar store ones don't have the same grip the plastic ones do, so there's less of a shock when they're ripped off.

andrei

<:: Verified ::>
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
Zipper safe but painful. Try anything yourself and check if you endure pain. Just stop if something stays ovrr 10 - 15 minutes.

Featured Threads

New Personals