hello i am in need of help becoming a better master/dom

Al21321

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Mar 13, 2017
i am in need of help from other doms master and mistresses to become a dom/master i have nevr domed someone yet or been someones master but i going to be one soon and i dont want to be bad at it

AuthorCrow

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Nov 4, 2016
My best advice towards being a dom is, be yourself.

Being a "Dom" is not something that can be copied, or that you'd have a strict set of guidelines to follow, like "do this and do that" and bam, you're a dom. It doesn't work like that, and it never will.
Being a dom/domme isn't something that happens over night, it happens with experience, time investment, errors and mistakes that you do with your decisions until you mature enough with the mindset of a dominant person and learn on these errors and mistakes.
But before you ask, "What are these errors and mistakes". That's something every person has unique answer which applies only to themselves.
Clearly harming and endangering the submissive is a mistake and error that should never happen, but such things do happen if you're inexperienced and try to rush things a long, to show yourself as a "good" and "skilled" dom. Mistakes and errors are things that usually happen when you try and force things out of your comfort zone, just to put it bluntly.

And with that said, if you're brand new to being a dom, everything is out of your comfort zone, so before you'd go and dominate someone, think to yourself and ask yourself these few questions:
  • Do you trust yourself with highest responsibility in life you'll ever have? and that is control over someone else's life, their body, actions and/or their mind?
  • What can you offer to your submissive as a dom?
  • What do you want out of dom/sub relationship?
  • What are your likes/dislikes/limits?
  • What are the things you'd consider doing if it was among your submissive loves/likes and your dislikes? (You usually don't go into d/s relationships that don't have matching likes in first place, but you'll almost never find a pair that has exactly identical likes/dislikes and limits)
  • How much do you know about bdsm in general? Expand your knowledge by reading reports on tasks from subs, read about dom/sub experiences online (You can find quite a few on blogs here and on getDare).

These questions that I've listed here are not even close to breaking the tip of an iceberg of information you need to possess to be a decent beginner dom, but it certainly puts you above all the fake ones.

If you want to be a good dom, it takes time investment, which I've already pointed out at the beginning of the post, and I'm not talking about hours, days or weeks, but more along the lines of months and years. You don't just grow to be a dom overnight and it isn't exactly just a switch on/off type of thing.
Being a dom/master/domme/mistress is a life-style of a person.
Either it's kept to online play only, or it's kept to few sessions a week/month in person, or, if this is who you really are and wish to dedicate your life to it (well, you already do if you consider yourself a dom), it's transitioned into personal life, finding a wife/husband who's either your domme/dom. Mixture of vanilla and non-vanilla life, or just strictly full on non-vanilla.

But well, sorry for a bit of rant in the answer, but to give you the best answer I can give you, besides these couple of questions for you to ask and answer to yourself:

Be yourself, do things at your own pace, don't be pushed by your submissive to go into session plays before getting to know each other or if you're not comfortable enough yet yourself. Have clear goal towards what you want out of d/s relationship and try to go for it. Of course, communicate with your submissive, talk with him/her, take your time and don't rush.

If anyone else would like to to add anything towards my response or ask any question, you're encouraged to do so.
If any one thinks I've said something wrong, feel free to correct me as well. I've only got 3 years of experience behind me as a dom/master, with just one submissive, so I might be a little biased on a lot of things and my views.

Apologise towards any grammatic mistakes, English is my third language so if something was made unclear, do ask about it as well!

Slightlypervy

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jul 2, 2014
I would just add that you need to respect your sub, they are giving you the greatest gift they can, it is not to be taken lightly.
Spend time communicating, I always ask lots of questions, on every subject to get a picture of what makes my sub tick generally and sexually.
Do not think that you have to go in shouting and hollering, a good dom will have a sub serve him with a whisper or a look, a sub must give herself willingly not be bullied, she will resent you and turn off from you.

Don't take yourself too seriously, you will make mistakes, you are human, admit them and learn from them.

Reactions: CuriouslyInterested

Featured Threads

New Personals