Date activity ideas

Agent Green

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
Here is my list of good things to do on a date. I've done all of them many times myself and can recommend them for a good time. I've tried to include a variety here. Feel free to add onto it. These are most likely slanted towards my own interests. :D

• Go hiking
  • Make sandwiches and go have a picnic
  • Prepare a dinner at home, then eat while watching a movie
  • Visit a nearby zoo
  • Take dance lessons
  • Pick out a tree at a nursery and then plant it
  • Build something, goto a crafts store and see what inspires you

Reactions: Diff

shinningstar

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
May 8, 2008
Start your day by going to the park. You can jog together. Jogging is a good form of exercise. You can also watch movie in the movie theatre. Have dinner together. And the climax, visit disco bar and have a drink to heaten up.

Swisstony

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 8, 2008
The zoo is awlays good. But I think your idea about the tree is great. I used to have a seat on top of a hill overlooking green fields and the town.

K to the J

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
May 8, 2008
Man your list is pretty much all my girlfriend and I do. We are so bored lately, we have nothing to do anymore..

We've recently gone fishing, been to the zoo, we go shopping at the flea market, go to the mall to walk around, go the movies, rent DVDs everyday, eat dinner together...

I just can't find anything unique and interesting to do anymore..

We've taken walks in the woods through trails as well.

It seems everything is getting old and boring. We want to do something new and exciting! Any suggestions? No skydiving please. :p

Meander

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
May 9, 2008
kylyssa.blogspot.com
Try taking a walk through your city together as if you were tourists.

Visit a museum or planetarium.

Go to a bookstore that has a cafe inside and look at books together while having a drink and a snack. I love to look at erotic art books with my lover in Barnes & Nobles Cafe.

Go to a public pool together and go swimming together.

Visit the park and play on the playground equipment together. Take a Frisbee along.

tempered_sugar

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
I've asked Master to take me to the zoo over the summer, I love going and is always a good laugh plus I like to imagine that I own the zoo and all the animals are mine :p

I have to say one of my favorite dates is just going for a walk and then a pub or informal bar. But thats more of a first date type thing. How about going to the theatre or the sea side? Me and my sister always have so much fun when I go visit her down at the coast, so it would be a great date idea becuase you can just be silly go in the arcade and eat lots of sugary sweet stuff :D

Blade

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
May 5, 2008
Cooking can be really fun as it involves a lot of fun together. Almost every weekend we decide on a special meal we want, goto the store together to get all the ingredients, rent a movie, go back home and cook the food, eat the food and watch a movie, go on a long walk, and then get drunk while we watch terrible TV shows like Most Haunted. :)

BTW: If you want good cheap wine to get smashed on try the Charles Shaw they sell at Trader Joe's. It's 2 bucks a bottle and actually tastes great despite the super cheap price. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Shaw_wine

bouncehouse

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
May 13, 2008
Check out the paper for local festivals, art shows, street fairs, that sort of thing. Seems like there's always something new going on.

rumen

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Jun 11, 2008
Go out to watch a movie together :) I know this is a cliche, but this is the way our grandparents were doing it :)

Dementyia

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Dominant
May 14, 2008
Buy a GPS and go geocaching! It's huge fun, challenging, and a good form of exercise if you pick the right caches to hunt. it's also different each time, so it's difficult to truly get bored with it.

A nice caching date usually starts with some time together on the computer picking your cache(s), then a picinic in a local park (where they are hidden) then the hunt, and finally a nice stop over at an oxygen or juice bar for a quick refresh.

Fabulous mid-day or early evening activity date. :cool:

Man your list is pretty much all my girlfriend and I do. We are so bored lately, we have nothing to do anymore..

We've recently gone fishing, been to the zoo, we go shopping at the flea market, go to the mall to walk around, go the movies, rent DVDs everyday, eat dinner together...

I just can't find anything unique and interesting to do anymore..

We've taken walks in the woods through trails as well.

It seems everything is getting old and boring. We want to do something new and exciting! Any suggestions? No skydiving please. :p

Dementyia

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Dominant
May 14, 2008
I just saw a review of this wine on a wine review site the other day, and they gave it a 4 out of 5 possible stars. Now with your suggestion, I'm really going to have to give it a try!

If you want good cheap wine to get smashed on try the Charles Shaw they sell at Trader Joe's. It's 2 bucks a bottle and actually tastes great despite the super cheap price. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Shaw_wine

CleverGirl

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Dec 7, 2008
My favorite dates are ones when you go out and try something new. For example, go to an asian market and buy some weird new food item you've never had before. Go to a convention or festival you can both enjoy. Do something childish, like going sledding in the winter. Dancing, either at a night club or a more ballroom type place, is a favorite! But if you're looking for some real excitement, something to really spice things up, the key is to take the initiative. And remeber, google is your friend:D The best dates are full day surprises! For me, I'll go onto google and start googling the shit out ofall the things my boyfriend likes, maybe a week in advance. Buy some tickets for something, find a free event, or find a place to create my own little date idea centered towards his interests. It should be something you know he/she will love, but something they won't expect. So it cannot be something they've asked you to do with them. That's for another day. Next, plan out where you will have your meals, or get the ingredients to cook your own, or a combination. Remeber, this day is for your spouse/date, so make sure its food they love. Then its off to Victoria's secret for the evenning festivities. Some new lingerie (Variety is the key to a great sex life!). Maybe some massage oil. And a shiny new sex toy from the local adult shop. A day of activities, dinning, and then sex all centered towatrds your man/woman. It can be expensive, so it isn't something you'll do often. But its a great way to show someone you care, and just how much you know about them;) Ohhh! And whats also fun is to visit the first place you had a date! Corny, but I'm a corny girl. You can also surprise your man with something he doesn't expect. Spend two months secretly becoming a certified...someone who gives massages. I don't how how to spell the name. Or go get poledancing lessons, and one day while he's a work, get a pole installed. I love surprises. They are the key to romance.

Hampers

• Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Jan 10, 2008
Me and my ex used to go to cemetries on dates and try and find the youngest or oldest person buried there, depending on what mood we were. That's where we'd make out.

sokkos

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Jan 11, 2010
Take them somewhere unusual like rock climbing or snow boarding. My fav date was at Edinburgh Dungons where I scared her as much as I can and she loved it.

Caguioa747

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Jan 31, 2019
For me, Hiking would be a great activity. You will be able to bond and at the same time you will get some extra fat burn. a good way to get fit and I also think hiking with a special someone would be a sweet thing to do.

Tonivir

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Jan 31, 2019
For me, what the two of you like the most, find a common ground, like romantic moments.
First on my list is watching movie together. Like love story movies, with matching drama on the climax of the movie, because sometimes thats the most memorable one, most of the time your partner can relate to the story which is the basis for your good and sound relationship. If your dating produces good memories, then it will last longer or even a lifetime.

Featured Threads

New Personals