How does a chastity belt lock work?

Kaito

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Jul 13, 2011
Greetings everybody. I've been thinking more and more about chastity belts and everything, but one thing just has me confused: how do the locks works?

I'm talking about locks like this:
f78f400f0153d8ff1190e401b096fe06.jpg

Notice the gold padlock, and the shackle is locked around a sort of button. I imagine there is more than meets the eye here, but I'm completely confused as to how it works.

If anyone has this sort of lock, I would love to see how it's assembled. I'm not asking for pictures of you putting it on or taking it off (although those would be great), I'm just asking for some pictures showing how locking the shackle around the button locks the entire belt together. The only thing I can offer you for doing this is an internet high-five, maybe fake internet cookies.

Thank you to all,
Kaito

firemaster

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jul 25, 2011
you assemble the belt to that point, then the button goes in and line the holes up and locket. that's all.

Kaito

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Jul 13, 2011
I'm not understanding. I understand how the button could cover a post or something, but I still don't get how locking the shackle around the button locks it in place

andrei

<:: Verified ::>
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
Is it me or this looks more like a woman chastity belt? Anyway if you are looking for one I noticed that some sex shop handcuffs dont require keys anymore, they have a safety opening mechanism so you may check on that too.

Kaito

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Jul 13, 2011
This is considered a female style, the reason for the text on the side is that it was the first picture I found that clearly showed the lock. But male belts can be made in this style

andrei

<:: Verified ::>
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
If tjere is a lock like in the photo I think it is the easyest way: 2 holes connected with a lock. As I saw the sex toys industry doesnt bother on details... same as my complain about handcuffs above.

evpierced

Banned
  • Straight
  • Trans
  • Switch
Mar 1, 2012
this is not an ad, i would suggest asking the folks at chastity lifestyle. they should be able to answer your question quickly

Sharp Shooter

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
May 17, 2014
The "button" is a post the diameter of the inside of the padlock shackle. The end of the post, showing outboard of the belt itself, is a flange on the post to keep the lock from sliding off. The post may be a pin that slips through multiple layers of steel belts, or is attached to the innermost belt. The post and flange simply prevent use of a bolt cutter to cut the lock.

Featured Threads

New Personals