800 posts on

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
So I realised recently I was about to hit 800 posts and thought I might take the opportunity to reflect on pariticpation.

I joined Kink Talk just over 5 years ago and have been a moderator for about 3 of those years. I was member number 14867, there are now 44077 members as I write this. Thats almost 30000 more members now than when I joined but there are only 2175 of the total 44077 members who have posted 10 or more times.

Now I understand that when you are new its a good idea to simply lurk about and read but not comment especially on subjects you are new to or don't understand. As the adage has it, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt."
However I temper this with, "You'll learn much faster if you ask questions."

It also helps those that do post to know what they are posting is useful and appreciated if you respond with a simple, "Thanks for the post, that was interesting".

That's 7 words and took me less than 5 seconds to type...

As a Dom I do get a lot of private feedback about my posts which is why I keep posting. Many submissive females are reluctant to post their comments on threads because it opens them to attention. Often an innocent comment from a female sub such as "thats interesting I might try it" will get them weeks of unsolicited pm's of the "ur my bitch now whore kik me". No wonder they stick to more private feedback.

So whats my point? To quote Councilor Hamann (The Matrix Reloaded)
"No point. Old men like me don't bother with making points. There's no point."

"Live long and prosper" and "May the force be with you"

Last edited:

Featured Threads

New Personals