The Chat

Lokelake

Banned
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Apr 1, 2009
I get this when I get into the chat:

Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.vbirc.com resolve)

Maybe there is a computer guy on here who is smarter than me that might be able to figure it what the problem is based on that.

Odiefrom

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Dominant
Aug 23, 2008
My house
Hmm. It sounds like it isn't communicating with the kinktalk chat server. A couple of fixes to attempt, should the mood strike you:

1. Find the Java plug-in on your computer, easiestly found by searching 'java'. Look for a settings, options, or help to find the settings, then try putting irc.vbirc.com on the allow list.
2. Reinstall java. Delete it, then get it back off the internet.

If these fail, then I'm thinking it might be a problem on the server's end (kinktalk's chat server) that is goofy. But I don't know much beyond that, sorry.

depp

sysop
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Staff member
Nov 20, 2007
It seems that we may have been kicked off the IRC network we are on. They updated their terms of service to include some new ludicrous rules.

Server rules now include such gems as:

• You are allowed to swear, but not in excess.
  • You are not allowed to be friends with chat users that smoke.
I'm bailing on this nonsense. I have plans for a new chat but it will take time to implement. In the meantime I've taken down the current setup.

Odiefrom

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Dominant
Aug 23, 2008
My house
They updated their terms of service to include some new ludicrous rules.

Server rules now include such gems as:

• You are allowed to swear, but not in excess.
  • You are not allowed to be friends with chat users that smoke.
I'm bailing on this nonsense. I have plans for a new chat but it will take time to implement. In the meantime I've taken down the current setup.

So you can swear...but you can't. What, does the server send people to each chat to monitor these things? And can't be friends with chatters that smoke?! That's crazy, there has to be a law against that somewhere. Thank you depp for leaving that server. That just ain't right.

depp

sysop
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Staff member
Nov 20, 2007
Yea, the IRC server we were on was a little shady. I'm looking into bridging the gD chat across both getDare and KinkTalk. Look for that sometime this year along with other surprises :)

Odiefrom

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Dominant
Aug 23, 2008
My house
Yea, the IRC server we were on was a little shady. I'm looking into bridging the gD chat across both getDare and KinkTalk. Look for that sometime this year along with other surprises :)
Suprises? Don't keep teasing us depp, pretty soon we'll all go (more) insane from the curiousity. A hint? Screenshot? Anything? Pleeease?

Featured Threads

New Personals