Virtual master or mistress: PyMaster

PiaBianca

Kinky Newbie
  • Lesbian
  • Female
  • Switch
Jan 18, 2015
Great additions!

I created a new project on GitHub and started a fork. I will make a pull request once I'm done. 3 files are translated.

https://github.com/PiaBianca/PyMaster/

Wouldn't it be good if there was a language name in the definition file? Then you could display that.

Edit:
While doing the translations I realized that in file chores.json the entries body_art and body_art_foreign have slight differences: the latter includes writing on hands while the former doesn't. In addition the first text choice is slightly different. Is this on purpose?

Last edited:

FreedomOfR

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 13, 2014
Wouldn't it be good if there was a language name in the definition file? Then you could display that.

Good point. I'll add that.

Edit:
While doing the translations I realized that in file chores.json the entries body_art and body_art_foreign have slight differences: the latter includes writing on hands while the former doesn't. In addition the first text choice is slightly different. Is this on purpose?

Yes, that was intentional, though I see an error in how I structured this. Hands were excluded from body_art because those can't be concealed easily, and pretty much all of the things you could be told to write are quite risque. I figure it's generally saner to do this with languages that are not commonly spoken where you live, but now I notice that just because it's a secondary language to you doesn't mean it's an uncommon language where you live.

I'll change the wording of the "language" fact, and the tasks that require it, to specify knowing a language not commonly spoken where you live. That's really what I intended.

PiaBianca

Kinky Newbie
  • Lesbian
  • Female
  • Switch
Jan 18, 2015
I'll change the wording of the "language" fact, and the tasks that require it, to specify knowing a language not commonly spoken where you live. That's really what I intended.

Sounds good.

Tranlating takes more time as I anticipated. I did some files, but many files are yet to do. I also changed the license file in the de_DE folder. Could you please have a look into that file and tell me, if the license statement is okay?

FreedomOfR

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 13, 2014
Not quite. You should never remove an existing copyright notice; in fact, to do so is a violation of the GNU GPL. Just add your own copyright header underneath the existing one:

Code:
Copyright (C) 2014, 2015 FreedomOfRestriction <[email protected]>
Copyright (C) 2015 PiaBianca at KinkTalk.com

By the way, in case you didn't notice, those changes I mentioned in my previous post have been pushed into GitHub. For the language name, create a plain text file with the name "data_name" and put the language name in there.

Last edited:

PiaBianca

Kinky Newbie
  • Lesbian
  • Female
  • Switch
Jan 18, 2015
Not quite. You should never remove an existing copyright notice; in fact, to do so is a violation of the GNU GPL. Just add your own copyright header underneath the existing one:

I created the repository anew with a good license file. Thus all bogus versions of the license file should have vanished. I'm sorry for messing that up.

By the way, in case you didn't notice, those changes I mentioned in my previous post have been pushed into GitHub. For the language name, create a plain text file with the name "data_name" and put the language name in there.

I realized that there have been more changes which have an impact on the translation and I incorporated them.

FreedomOfR

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 13, 2014
I created the repository anew with a good license file.

That was actually unnecessary in my opinion, but oh well. What's done is done I guess.

PiaBianca

Kinky Newbie
  • Lesbian
  • Female
  • Switch
Jan 18, 2015
That was actually unnecessary in my opinion, but oh well. What's done is done I guess.

Yeah, probably. But I did not want to have a bogus license file anywhere around, not even in repository history. Since I did not succeed in removing the file from the history, I had no other choice.

Since it doesn't have any other impact besides showing different dates for my uploads, it's not that big of a deal I think. It wasn't much work either.

In addition I wasn't sure how to understand your message and while I always assume the very best intentions, I resorted to "better safe than sorry". That said I still assume best intentions when reading forum posts. :)

Please don't get my wrong. English isn't my primary language and thus I sometimes have a hard time recognizing subtext.

FreedomOfR

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 13, 2014
PyMaster doesn't involve a Web browser in any way. It's a Python 3 program. So what you need to run it is a Python 3 interpreter. A quick search tells me that some Python 3 interpreters are available for iOS, though I unfortunately can't offer any additional assistance (not being an iOS user myself).

FreedomOfR

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 13, 2014
It might be possible with a JavaScript implementation of Python, but the ones I've checked are missing important features PyMaster depends on (most of the stuff from the os module, at least). Besides, it's a rather roundabout way of doing it.

FreedomOfR

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 13, 2014
Version 0.12:

https://github.com/FreedomOfRestriction/PyMaster/releases/tag/v0.12

This is quite a substantial upgrade. The biggest addition is "routines", which allow you to specify something the master or mistress should tell you to do, rather than just telling you what not to do. My original idea with this was to make it possible to use PyMaster to simulate sexual slavery, but it can be used for much more than that.

There are no built-in routines, but it's easy to define your own as an extension (extension_guide.txt explains how to do it).

NickLong277

Kinky Newbie
  • Gay
  • Male
  • Switch
Aug 2, 2015
Just a quick post to say that this is really awesome and you should continue your work. :)

Featured Threads

New Personals