Tack Bra Help

NaughtyGal

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Jan 5, 2017
I am interested in making a tack bra but have a few questions.

~Will it puncture the skin causing bleeding or scars?
~What is the best way to make a tack bra? (ie. tack placements and number per cup)

My breasts are a size 40 G, I do have some DD bras as well as one D bra. I also have some sandpaper so should I use that as well.

Any help on this subject would be great. Thanks.

Hollyann

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Switch
Jun 11, 2011
The more tacks you use the less chance it will puncture the skin. But obviously more tacks hurts more. I would start using a using a normal size bra for your first one then go smaller or wear a tighter bra over the tack bra. And I would say at least 25 per bra cup.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Using regular pin up board thumb tacks will not break the skin when used in a tack bra. You may get the odd small scratch if they are dragged across the skin but that about as bad as it gets.
For a quick trial you can make up some tack pads to use as inserts in your bra, see my thread here; http://www.kinktalk.com/talk/showthread.php?t=14142
I usually recommend a maximum of 20 tacks per bra cup, above that you start to get the "bed of nails" effect. If too close together the force on each tack is actually much less so they don't dig in so much.

As for construction I like to use a firm cup under wire style bra and a good quality craft glue, plenty of it, this also stiffens the cups a bit which helps especially with large bras. Placement, I like to work from around an inch from the under wire up to about a inch or so above the level of the nipples. Its best to do a trail fit and mark the bra prior to gluing.

I would not recommend using sandpaper in the same bra, its kind of a different thing.

Last edited:

AmvetSB

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Apr 21, 2019
I knew a woman once that just took ordinary 'push pins' or thumbtacks without the 'handle' and pressed them through cardboard, then taped the back side to hold them in place. Consider a second layer of cardboard to minimize the length to try it out and see how it goes, then take that off when you feel confident your skin will be able to tolerate the longer spikes.
Yes, the more you use in a concentrated area, the greater the impact as well as more over-all coverage will result in less chance of puncture, however, there still may be some. I believe your point for the sandpaper is to dull the tips? if so, sure, it could help, but could also create sharper 'edges' which could cut more than poke into the skin..
If you are interested in the 'bite' but mostly fear the residual skin 'signs', consider e-stim instead? Won't leave marks, bruises or tear the skin, but with the right controller and 'appliance', it could really do a number on you! Something like this, at least the 'disks', I can assure you will give you something to feel!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CZY49NM
I use these for something else, but the 'contact surface' is perfect for what they are intended for.

Reactions: Doctor Pervert

MissKubo

Kink Talk Prodigy
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Apr 15, 2011
I used the removable inserts from a padded bra in a size below my regular size, glued the board tacks to that and re-inserted it. Had to wear it for a full day at work, plus evening out. I was sure some of them would have punctured the skin, but they didn't. As previous posters have said, the key is to use enough tacks, 20-25 per cup, and you should be okay with that.

It's certainly an "interesting" sensation, hope you enjoy it

Featured Threads

New Personals