Ice cubes anal play

misbhavn

Banned
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Switch
Sep 23, 2012
The other day I was reading about ice cubes for anal play safety and I noticed that a lot of stuff on the internet discussed the fact that ice cubes when placed in the anus can melt in weird shapes, become sharp and cause damage to the delicate tissue there. However, I noticed that there was a distinct lack of information regarding temperature. How many ice cubes can I put in my anus safely without causing a significant drop in core temperature? I want to exclude the possibility of freezer burn as a result of the ice just because I don't think regular ice from a freezer is cold enough to cause that kind of damage to skin.

Hollyann

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Switch
Jun 11, 2011
I've put about 8 in my ass before and was fine as make sure there are no sharp edges when you insert it you should be fine.

noone

Distinguished Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Jan 3, 2013
Just a small simple calculation swill give you the total heat:
1g ice melts to take 336j of energy which is equivalent to 80 calories. That way, 5 cubes will take 400 calories and then you can compare with the calorie count of the foodstuffs. I think that should give a satisfactory

vasya9

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jul 7, 2013
Just a small simple calculation swill give you the total heat:
1g ice melts to take 336j of energy which is equivalent to 80 calories. That way, 5 cubes will take 400 calories and then you can compare with the calorie count of the foodstuffs. I think that should give a satisfactory

not entirely accurate. although calories are used to refer to energy in food, those calories are really kilocalories, or 1000 calories used in science. so the 400 calories mentioned are really only 0.4 food calories.

noone

Distinguished Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Jan 3, 2013
I thought that was apparent. Thank you for mentioning it. :)

vasya9

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jul 7, 2013
Took me until junior year of college to learn that. and I was a science major. :)

noone

Distinguished Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Jan 3, 2013
Haha... Nothing Better Than Knowledge Put To Good Use...like there..:)

misbhavn

Banned
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Switch
Sep 23, 2012
The thermodynamic calculation of the amount of energy it takes to melt ice is not entirely applicable here because 1)doesn't take into account the fact that the ice might be 'super cold' or below it's freezing point and 2)isn't really applicable here because it has more to do with absolute temperature change rather than relating to health. My question had more to do with how quickly core temperature can go down, to what point and how many ice cubes would do this safely without going beyond the limitations of the human body. The answer that someone else used 8 and 'was fine' is a start, but I was actually planning on using many more than that. However, it occurs to me now that this is actually a quite complex question and might not exactly be appropriate on forums here, since most people probably wouldn't have all the information to fully answer this question. Anyway, I will do more research and will get back to you guys with my findings.

noone

Distinguished Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Jan 3, 2013
I'll be waiting for the conclusion of your research..:)

silverdarknight

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Mar 18, 2010
How many ice cubes can I put in my anus safely without causing a significant drop in core temperature?
I think the answer to that question is 'as many as you like'. You are a much larger thermal mass than the icecubes - they arn't going to give you hypothermia. Even if they do somehow cause a small drop in core temp, you will soon recover. It's prolonged/significant changes that do the damage.

freezer burn as a result of the ice just because I don't think regular ice from a freezer is cold enough to cause that kind of damage to skin.
This, however, is more of a concern. Ice can, and does, cause superficial burns and skin damage due. It's mechanism is very similar to sunburn iirc, but it's due to the opposite temp differential.

There will be too many variables to be able to but an accurate '10 is ok, 11 isn't'. My gut instincts would be 'once it starts to go numb and you are loosing sensation, that's probably an indication you should be stopping'.

Hope that helps.

misbhavn

Banned
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Switch
Sep 23, 2012
Silverdarkknight, I don't think the first part of your answer is completely correct. When finding the delta H(amount of energy taken in or released) of a thermodynamic process (such as change in temperature in state of matter), phase changes such as going from solid to liquid require much more energy than a change in temperature. Since the human body is mostly liquid water, a large number of ice cubes could actually cause a significant drop in temperature, because of the same reason that we use ice cubes to cool drinks instead of cold rocks. Because the ice cubes will absorb more energy as they melt than the cold rocks will to heat up, which is why ice cubes are great at cooling drinks down, even though they water them down.

As for the second part of your answer regarding freezer burn, are you sure that regular ice cubes can cause freezer burn? I know that dry ice and other, much colder substances can but water freezes at 0 degrees celsius, a temperature that many people can swim in, a temperature that drinks are often cooled to and the temperature of ice when placed on the forehead of a small child with a fever.

Hollyann

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Switch
Jun 11, 2011
As long as you wet the ice cube or let it melt a little before inserting it you will be fine.

misbhavn

Banned
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Switch
Sep 23, 2012
Hollyann, why would melting it a little bit help? that would just be the same as having a slightly smaller ice cube

Hollyann

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Switch
Jun 11, 2011
It gets rid of all sharp edges.and I'm sure you heard of sticking your tounge to a frozen flag pole or something similar and how it can get stuck. The Same can happen to the ice and the inside of your anus. But if the cube is wet I won't stick to anything In side of you.

noone

Distinguished Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Jan 3, 2013
It gets rid of all sharp edges.and I'm sure you heard of sticking your tounge to a frozen flag pole or something similar and how it can get stuck. The Same can happen to the ice and the inside of your anus. But if the cube is wet I won't stick to anything In side of you.
I know that for sure. Setting it a little does stop it from sticking.

vasya9

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jul 7, 2013
Silverdarkknight, I don't think the first part of your answer is completely correct. When finding the delta H(amount of energy taken in or released) of a thermodynamic process (such as change in temperature in state of matter), phase changes such as going from solid to liquid require much more energy than a change in temperature. Since the human body is mostly liquid water, a large number of ice cubes could actually cause a significant drop in temperature, because of the same reason that we use ice cubes to cool drinks instead of cold rocks. Because the ice cubes will absorb more energy as they melt than the cold rocks will to heat up, which is why ice cubes are great at cooling drinks down, even though they water them down.

As for the second part of your answer regarding freezer burn, are you sure that regular ice cubes can cause freezer burn? I know that dry ice and other, much colder substances can but water freezes at 0 degrees celsius, a temperature that many people can swim in, a temperature that drinks are often cooled to and the temperature of ice when placed on the forehead of a small child with a fever.

Thermodynamics was a while back for me, so I don't recall the delta H of changing phases. I can imagine that even 20 ice cubes cooling your core temperature to any appreciable degree regardless of the phases of matter they go through. The mass is not large enough, and temperature not low enough.

I don't really know of many people who can swim in 0 degree Celsius. Someone exposed to 4-5C water will have hypothermia in less than 15 minutes, and be dead within a half hour. If you are talking about someone in the polar bear club who takes a 20 second dip, that's a different story.

And yes, direct exposure to ice for prolonged time can cause frost bite. There is a reason why any first aid book says to keep a layer of cloth or something between ice and skin when using ice on an injury. Placing too many ice cubes in the ass can delay melting for a long enough time to have frost bite of the rectum. Just don't ask about an exact number.

321tt

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Jan 19, 2011
I believe that people are mentioning it but still missing it: The whole thermodynamics here is not about the "complete energy loss", which is really negligible.

The point here is in the process itself. Remember that anus is highly blooded, which means that most "negative energy" (don't take it literally, it is not a "negative energy", still this term describes the process really well) goes to blood and then directly to the heart basically (due to quite straight connection of this area to the large veins). The blood doesn't come through any well-heated areas (which are basically livers and muscles). This can cause the cold to reach in another part of your body in a short time, which can be dangerous.

If you still don't believe it, remember that the rescues give a warm enema to to people who suffer an overall cooling of their body, to heat them up: precisely because the warmed blood from this area would quickly get to heart and from here to all the important parts of your body.

My recommendation from a different thread is: Use frozen objects and lube them well, they have lower "negative energy" stored in them, and this energy unblocks much more slowly than from ice.

The only exceptional material is metal, which unblocks the energy very fast, but the amount is quite small (around 20% of that of ice). This means that a smallish butt-plug deep-frozen and stucked up will cause you an intense sensation that is not dangerous (because the amount of energy is really small).

misbhavn

Banned
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Switch
Sep 23, 2012
321tt, if what you're saying is correct, wouldn't leaving a single ice cube in my anus all day be a great way to cool down during the summer months?

misbhavn

Banned
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Switch
Sep 23, 2012
Hmm. I generally can't feel much when the ice cubes are inside of me but if that previous user is correct in that it does cause significant core temperature drop, then I could save myself a lot of money in the form of electricity bills because I won't have to use my AC any more!

Featured Threads

New Personals