<:: Verified ::>
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
Hi
I used Kik a while ago for a short time. I am just asking:
Kik is good for photo sharing only? Or does it also work like skype, webcam chatting etc.
What are the risks of using kik? Kik dares involve cam or not?

That's just all. I am thinking of opening a kik account to go on exposing a bit. Please leave me a note on this.

Last edited:

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
Kik is a messenger platform that has the ability to send messages pictures videos and yes a few updates ago they added live video chat option as well. You can view full screen with mic and sound as in a skype call.
As far as safety. It's security system and infrastructure isn't the best. It's easily hacked just by googling a how to. It also can be run on a computer platform allowing easier compromise of the system. If you should be hacked usually cutting off your wifi connection and changing password will be enough to regain control. Or just start a new name entirely. Other messenger apps have better encrypting options but kik seems to be the more popular app within kink life due to its ease of use. Others use snapchat, Instagram, and line.

Risks associated with vid and pics. Like any other form of media they can be easily saved or forwarded among others in the app. There used to be specific kik groups that were based around pic and vid sharing and lots of content would make it there without consent. Just keep in mind it's the Internet. Once it's there it's there forever.

Last edited:

andrei

<:: Verified ::>
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
Wow thanks for your answer covering more that I asked.
I knew the net risks, sharing a photo or a video is always a risk to take regardless the platform.

Featured Threads