Home bondage starter kit

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
In the past few moths I have chatted with a number of new female subs who have been keen to get started with some self bondage at home. Most had almost nothing useful and had to make do with odds and ends found around the house. While this will suffice to begin with the best way is to go out and buy a kit of items especially for bondage play. So here is my list of a beginners home bondage kit. Most of these things can be purchased cheaply at hardware or general stores and stationary suppliers.

Rope: My pick is 6mm (1/4") soft poly propylene, you can buy it in various colours in pre-packed lengths. I suggest 4, 10m (about30') lengths, that might sound like a lot but you would be surprised how quickly it gets used up.

Venetian blind cord: A shank of this is handy, builders line will do just as well.

Rubber bands: Lots of different sizes is nice, wide rather than the thin type as they are easier to work with and don't break as easily.

Clothes pegs: Buy a good big bag just for your bondage games. I prefer the good old wooden ones but plastic will do.

Electrical insulation tape: Get several rolls in different colours.

Gaffer tape: Sometimes labelled as duct tape, one roll goes a long way.

***A word of caution with using tape, make sure you aren't allergic to the adhesive. It can cause a rash if you have sensitive skin.***

Other handy items, disposable chopsticks, thumb tacks, binder clips and a small bag or toolbox to keep it all in. A lockable toolbox is a good choice so you can keep curious eyes off your stuff.

Coming soon, my beginners guide to (female) self bondage.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Thanks for that important safety item sum1, I am planning to do a post on bondage safety soon. These scissors are especially important for beginners who may do their knots a bit too well!

Reactions: Kytten

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
The Zipper

Ok so here is a fun little toy you can easily make at home for self use or with your play partner. This is the "Zipper".
You will need a bag of wooden clothes pegs or if plastic they must still have the same type of central spring, this is needed to make a good solid zipper that doesn't fly apart when you use it.
You will need to find strong nylon string that will fit through the hole in the centre of the springs, about 1.5m (5') will do nicely. Just thread them on and tie a couple of knots to hold them in place. If you space them about 10cm (4") apart that works really well. Leave a tail about 50cm (18") long to use for pulling them off. And that's it really, just clip them on to any body part you like but work up to it as the effect can be rather intense. Also just as safety measure check that the gripping surface in each peg is smooth, don't want a sharp edge to leave a cut. Have fun!

Attachments

• how-to-zipper.jpg
    how-to-zipper.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 348
Reactions: Kytten

theonlybassy

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Mar 19, 2014
idk about you guys, but i find it extremely hard to follow these instructions, and cannot do self bondage where it is almost impossible to get out without someone else helping

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Its not for everyone, and safety is vital when doing any self bondage. Having a fail safe escape is part of any sb where hands in particular are tied, a spare key or safety scissors should always be within reach. That said I know a lot of subs who really enjoy it especially if they don't get the chance to play in rl often.

andrei

<:: Verified ::>
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
Hmmm I am fond of selfbondage but recently we work in our apartment and I lost any way oftrying a suspension bondage.

I had screws made on this purpose. Now just do your ideas.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
The knotted rope

Long overdue here is another installment of my starter bdsm kit.
This is one that you may have heard described before, the knotted rope.
It falls broadly into the predicament bondage type category, the idea is to make it from one end to the other on tip toes.
Very obviously named because you use a knotted rope, a thicker rope works nicely for this, think 7-9mm (5/16-3/8") with knots tied every 300mm (about 12") apart.
The rope is then suspended tightly between two points a good distance such as 3m or more (10') apart and at a height that just clears your crotch when standing legs together on tip toe. Below is a sample;
the knotted rope.jpg
For added interest you can add something like toothpaste to the rope and knots that will get collected if/when you touch it with your cunt. Of course for the more hardcore other things such as Icyhot or Deepheat could be used.

Another variation if you have handcuffs is to leave the key for the cuffs at the far end of the rope then cuff your wrists together under the rope. That way it becomes a true predicament as you can't realse yourself until the other end, it also makes keeping yourself off the rope much harder.

Have fun!

nina

Verified Observer
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Apr 13, 2016
This is a very good predicament dare.. requires a bit of set up but is otherwise easy and fun to do.. specially like the addition of handcuffs (don't have any..Lol) though it may not stop one from walking by the side of the rope...Lol

may try this sometime :D

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
This is a very good predicament dare.. requires a bit of set up but is otherwise easy and fun to do.. specially like the addition of handcuffs (don't have any..Lol) though it may not stop one from walking by the side of the rope...Lol

That I would be interested to see!!! Once in place straddling the rope with hands cuffed underneath the rope do you really think you could lift one leg back over the rope? Maybe you'll have to demonstrate for me!

nina

Verified Observer
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Apr 13, 2016
That I would be interested to see!!! Once in place straddling the rope with hands cuffed underneath the rope do you really think you could lift one leg back over the rope? Maybe you'll have to demonstrate for me!

Now that you point it out, it does raise doubts in my mind if it is possible to lift one leg back over the rope.. however still think it may be worth a shot.. :rolleyes:

aralius

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 5, 2015
This i would like to see also. I have tried it before with numerous friends at a party and noone could escape.

Brat Jenna

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
May 3, 2018

this can be solved really simply just by adding ankle cuffs or if the person has them thigh cuffs.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
this can be solved really simply just by adding ankle cuffs or if the person has them thigh cuffs.
Lol, you kinda missed the point here. It isn't actually possible to escape anyway, no need for extra cuffs at all. When you have your wrists cuffed below the rope it just isn't possible to lift a leg over the rope, but I'm happy to be proved wrong if you can demonstrate how!

Reactions: AmvetSB

Brat Jenna

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
May 3, 2018
i would demonstrate how as i have done this rope walk before. i had hands cuffed under rope and ankles cuffed cuz they saw me be able to get off the rope. only thing is i did it with a kink friend in live session but as stated in limits. Pic/video/recordings etc is a limit. so yeah kinda hard for me to demonstrate for you.

Reactions: crookedcock53

Slaafc

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Slave
Jan 18, 2020
The knotted rope

Long overdue here is another installment of my starter bdsm kit.
This is one that you may have heard described before, the knotted rope.
It falls broadly into the predicament bondage type category, the idea is to make it from one end to the other on tip toes.
Very obviously named because you use a knotted rope, a thicker rope works nicely for this, think 7-9mm (5/16-3/8") with knots tied every 300mm (about 12") apart.
The rope is then suspended tightly between two points a good distance such as 3m or more (10') apart and at a height that just clears your crotch when standing legs together on tip toe. Below is a sample;
View attachment 1731
For added interest you can add something like toothpaste to the rope and knots that will get collected if/when you touch it with your cunt. Of course for the more hardcore other things such as Icyhot or Deepheat could be used.

Another variation if you have handcuffs is to leave the key for the cuffs at the far end of the rope then cuff your wrists together under the rope. That way it becomes a true predicament as you can't realse yourself until the other end, it also makes keeping yourself off the rope much harder.

Have fun!
For a female this is a very nice one

Featured Threads

New Personals