The future of exposure kink

Do you support exposure kink continuing on kinktalk?

• Yes

Votes: 65 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Not bothered either way

Votes: 15 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Its time to start a frank discussion on whether the board wants to continue to support the kink of "exposure", that is posting explicit photos of someone else to be "exposed on the web".

There are many examples of this in the albums and recently we introduced the need to verify the consent of the subject being posted but is this enough?

If you enjoy it what more can we do to protect ourselves from prosecution and how can it be more reliably verified?

If you don't like it but respect that it is someone else's kink maybe some suggestions on making it more palatable?

Come on folks, time to engage and have your say.

A suggestion that has come up is to include consent information in the pic itself, this is a good example http://www.kinktalk.com/talk/album.php?albumid=9250&pictureid=67649 however I have seen other examples of this where the writing has been photoshopped on afterwards so even this is suspect and ideally the paper should be crinkled or folded. I would also prefer to see a date so you know this is current and not something dredged up off the web.

Early results in the poll are in favour of it continuing but don't just vote tell us how to make it work or we may be forced to stop it anyway!

Last edited:

aus guy

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Apr 22, 2009
I'd like to see it continue, but I agree verification needs to be done.

Some suggestions:
Hand written note that includes the date and 'kinktalk'.
At least 2 pics of the paper in front of the body, from different angles, and one with the paper screwed up.
Reverse image search on the pictures.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Excellent suggestions, I especially like the two angles on the hand written note that would be very hard to photoshop convincingly.

jh81

<:: Verified ::>
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Dec 6, 2015
I am not phenomonally good at Photoshopping or GIMP editing. I used to be pretty good on PSe but I've not used it for a year.

So I thought I'd use GIMP to see if, in ten minutes, a rusty amateur could get close to creating something that could pass a "I am happy to be exposed" picture with a cursory glance.

First of all, I took a naked picture of me holding a sign.
picture.php

This was a blank picture but it could have been anything.

Then I took some pictures of some paper against a pink background - just to make my life easier:

picture.php

Then I zoomed in and cut out the fingers (http://www.kinktalk.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=9345&pictureid=68330) and put them on a different layer (http://www.kinktalk.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=9345&pictureid=68331).

Then using the Fuzzy Select tool (http://www.kinktalk.com/talk/picture.php?albumid=9345&pictureid=68332) I was able to select the pink, invert the selection and then resize the sign to slot it behind the fingertips on the main picture to yield:
picture.php

Yes, this is a bit clumsy but this took five minutes to edit and five minutes to take the pictures. I could have done with adjusting the white balance to make it look better, but are we certain that no-one, even with passable Photoshop skills wouldn't be able to knock up some convincing "I am happy to be exposed" picture?

I suppose its up to the admins how likely that is ...

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Well that pretty much proves the point that a single image won't be enough, the same sign from two different angles looks much more likely as the minimum. A fold in the paper would be even better as the ability to have writing follow a fold convincingly is much more difficult to forge but easy to photograph for real.

gbdare

• Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
May 18, 2011
Another Option

While it may knock out a few legitimate posts, another option would be a video confirmation. A quick video holding a sign giving permission would be a lot harder to fake than a still shot, especially if they move the sign to a few different positions.

HarmlessBeast

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Jan 7, 2015
Edmonton
possibly make the exposed pictures in a closed off area of kink talk that is only accessible by people who have an interest in seeing these pics and also have been confirmed to be not likely to repost etc.. how you would do this i dont know.. but just a thought

another idea for confirmation is to have a forum where a person can post that they will be exposing person X, and they can not post the picture till person X confirms they want to be exposed. and also if there are objections they could be brought up on the thread for the pictures.

jh81

• Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Dec 6, 2015
possibly make the exposed pictures in a closed off area of kink talk that is only accessible by people who have an interest in seeing these pics and also have been confirmed to be not likely to repost etc.. how you would do this i dont know.. but just a thought

another idea for confirmation is to have a forum where a person can post that they will be exposing person X, and they can not post the picture till person X confirms they want to be exposed. and also if there are objections they could be brought up on the thread for the pictures.

Or how about an Exposed! Board and an "Insurance" board.

Before anyone can get posting privs (everyone has read) to the public "exposed" board, they must post themselves naked with face and holding a sign promising to be well behaved to the private and admins can see only Insurance Board. This will remain securely held by KinkTalk unless ...

anyone posts pictures to exposed and there are complaints which are upheld, their Insurance pictures get copied to the Exposed board.

Should keep everyone well behaved! :)

knick

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Oct 17, 2009
Much as the exposure posts arouse me, good sense says that it is not a foolproof thing to manage.
Both for protection of potential 'victims' and the continuation of the forum I have to vote no to the idea of exposure on here.
There are plenty of other ways to expose using major players. If the administration are happy to allow links to be posted, perhaps that might be an acceptable middle ground!
Still not sure if it clears the forum of any legal point but maybe it could be checked out...

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
My understanding is that in most instances it is the poster of the images that is responsible (both host and posting member/user) and posts containing links do currently breach the laws.

My feeling based on the voting so far is that it is extremely popular still and as such we should try to accommodate the kink here as long as some reasonable attempt to verify consent is made.

The current best option seems to be the hand written note photographed from two different angles preferably with folds in the paper (or screwed up then flattened out) containing the date, a message such as "expose me on the net" and the kt user name. This then embeds the consent permanently in the album ensure changes to admin staff does not affect things. Any exposure album that does not contain the two required images will be deleted.

I will let the poll run to the end of the month then we will make a final decision.

Featured Threads

New Personals