Age gaps?

His_Einna

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Slave
Apr 17, 2009
Just curious, as there's a significant gap between myself and my dominant. Anyone else in a serious age-gap relationship? Benefits? Problems?

Anjelen

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Dominant
The age gap between me and my three subs is, in declining order, 12, 11, and 6 years. I've never cared for someone's age as such - what i care for is someone's maturity. Yes, i am aware that i'm being highly arrogant, but i've spent quite a bit of my life on boarding schools where they simply let me basically do whatever the hell i wanted because they couldn't teach me anything- i was too smart. When the general IQ of 95% of the people around you is a good 30 points lower, you'll get what i mean ;)

And you'll get why i've made it a habit to judge people by maturity this way even in the consideration of wether i wanted to be talking to them - stupid people eventually give me shooting headaches and throttle urges.

So, yes. Age doesn't matter to me. 9, 49, 99 - (well, the first's a bit...:p but ya get my drift) - Once i've decided you're intelligent enough to hold a conversation you won't even _notice_ the fact i don't do emotion anymore :)

His_Einna

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Slave
Apr 17, 2009
See, my Dom and I know what you mean; I was in the top three students when I left secondary school, and only stopped there because I had to become a full time carer (which boosted the maturity). I'm a very mature 20 year old mum because of that, and I totally know what you mean about putting maturity first. You could stand some of the girls I knew at 12 alongside some women I know in their 30's and...well, let's just say I know who I'd rather hold a convo with.

The problems I've encountered are minor at best...for instance, it takes my parents a little getting used to (he's 4 years older than my dad, 2 years older than my step-dad, 10 years older than my mum) and it squicks one or two of my friends a little at first. The advantages outweigh it...for instance, I don't think a guy my age can go for 2 or 3 hours solid on one orgasm ;-p

SubMissChievous

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jan 9, 2008
Canada
The longest relationship I’ve been in was with a man who was eighteen years older than me. When I was younger, during my teenage years and early 20s mostly, I always found myself being more comfortable and interested with older men. I think that was more due to the fact that as a child I was always surrounded by adults so it felt more natural to me. I also left home relatively early at 17 to live in my own apartment and later on went to college in another city and had to work to earn a living, pay the bills, etc. so I could hardly relate to people my own age then.

During those years with that older guy the “problems”, related to age at least, were minors as well. In fact, I wouldn’t really call these problems. But I had to answer some questions that my friends who were in relationships with same-aged guys were curious about and stuff like that. And I had no problem answering those questions so I was cool with that.

And as I grew older I started giving less importance about age. I know I can talk with people who are older than me and may find them really immature in some ways and talk with an 18 year-old and find that I am on the same page as them. So as long as I can relate to someone else and have interesting conversations with them age differences doesn’t really matter much anymore :)

Reactions: The king and depp

Merlin

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Staff member
Jan 9, 2008
Germany
[...]The advantages outweigh it...for instance, I don't think a guy my age can go for 2 or 3 hours solid on one orgasm ;-p
Hmm if you mean that someone older is more experienced than you are of course right and this can be a big advantage for sure... but i don't think your point is something that has to do with the age :p... at least not a lot :)

mastersgirl616

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Dec 1, 2012
i personally believe that age shouldnt matter in any relationship that is working well, why should it race,gender,size doesnt matter so why should age? :) you should just enjoy what you have and make every day count because thats what these things are all about x

Reactions: The king

archie21

Banned
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Dominant
Apr 24, 2010
It is odd finding this on a day when I am questioning the merits of the age gap between my slave and I. She doesn't care but my other half who I am in the process of splitting from is giving me crap about it and she is only guessing that there is a large age gap.

I would love to know how others have got round it in the initial stages... please.

shadowice0823

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Aug 9, 2012
For me its never mattered, if you can have a conversation with someone and don't notice the age gap until you see a picture or they mention the age then why does it matter at all? Just because someone tells you their age or shows a picture shouldn't change anything they are still the same person you've been talking to and getting to know the whole time. If I understand correctly that your getting rid of your current sub because of the age gap then im glad your letting her go. You dont deserve her in the first place. Would make you nothing more then one of those horrible masters that come here wanting a sub just to get off on.

Last edited:

sexyladysub

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Sep 27, 2012
age gap

For me its never mattered, if you can have a conversation with someone and don't notice the age gap until you see a picture or they mention the age then why does it matter at all? Just because someone tells you their age or shows a picture shouldn't change anything they are still the same person you've been talking to and getting to know the whole time. If I understand correctly that your getting rid of your current sub because of the age gap then im glad your letting her go. You dont deserve her in the first place. Would make you nothing more then one of those horrible masters that come here wanting a sub just to get off on.

I would like to point out that Archies comment was not about me but about his other sub. Archie has been the perfect master and hopefully will continue to be so.

I would agree that in the internet world the age difference makes little effect and task always relate to the slave/sub personally anyway but the problem arises more if this moves into the real world.

Jkkicker

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Jul 12, 2011
Age gap

I am in relationship with someone nearly half my age. We seem to both enjoy the age difference. To me, I like to control, and be controled, bu a younger woman. For her, she likes to be controled, or control an older man

I suppose each scenerio is different, however.

archie21

Banned
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Dominant
Apr 24, 2010
As you have been corrected already shadowice by sexyladysub there is no need for me to correct you myself.
However your part about the conversation is relevant and raises the same point as the lady who is the subject of my earlier post, she too believes that age doesn't matter and in the first instance it is the person you get to know rahter than a picture.
The trouble is straight society judges us.
In theory a girl of 18 should never go out with a boy who is more than ten years age difference older.
It isn't really okay for an older woman to think about or go out with a man up to 30 even maybe 40 years her junior, but a blind eye will be turned under the auspices of 'it will never last'.
However it is considered immoral if a man does the same even if the girl is happy with it.

Now as a group (bdsm or whatever in general) we occupy a place where those age gaps are irrelevant because it is what we do with each other that counts. So in our world if a girl finds a master who treats her with respect and she likes him she will stay with him. And vice versa, the age thing doesn't matter at all.

shadowice0823

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Aug 9, 2012
Sorry about that archie just the way you made it sound, seemed like you was thinking of leaving them because of that gap and thats what set me off. I like your explanation thats very good.

andrei

<:: Verified ::>
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
my oppinion: age gaps are not related to society
simply: society doesn't approve a bdsm relationship or better there is an age when you discover society has nothing to do with your relationship. When you love your mate and don't care of others.

Relationship: personally I kind of don't enjoy people 10 years below my age because I think they don't enjoy me, it is a different way of thinking, but not related to being superior to people below my age. In a master-slave relationship on the contrary the age gap can give a bonus. An older master has his(or her) patience needed to make it a perfect relationship.

Purple_S

<:: Verified ::>
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Slave
Apr 21, 2016
Different point of view, but mine and mine alone.

As I'm 19 and my youngest brother is 24, I'd like for a dominant that I may one day meet to be under that age even if its just a few months younger.

For a purely online relationship age isn't a concern of mine as even though its a serious relationship it will be online and they'd never meet my family/friends

I can't say either would be better as you can't really tell by the age. Everyone matures at different rates and you can't say one age will be better for you than another.

Caguioa747

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Jan 31, 2019
For me, Age is just a number. if you really love each other then you wouldn't mind your age gap. It is not about the age because it is the person that is more important.

Jelineex

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jan 31, 2019
I think age doesn't matter when it comes to relationship unless it's a minor age. I find it more important to have respect and understanding when it comes to relationship. This will make me happy and it will help sustain one's bond. Although, maturity doesn't always comes with age but it is one of the importance to sustain a healthy relationship.

Reactions: The king

GioMatos

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Jan 31, 2019
I personally like it when my partner is a little older than me. By older I mean a couple of years, not a whole decade. I'm 22, I'm guessing that if I happened to date a guy who is 35 we would probably be at very different stages of our lives, with different life goals and priorities, and therefore things wouldn't work out. But I really respect whatever works for others as long as they're happy and healthy in their relationships. For me, age gaps are not a big deal as long as both people are +18.

Tonivir

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Jan 31, 2019
I think it depends on the situation. If you love each other then age doesn't any more the problem. It may help if the age gap is not that long, because the most important thing is love and respect to eavh other.

dashinhrox

Kinky Newbie
  • Gay
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 31, 2019
My dom is 32 years old and I am just 20. The good thing about is that I absorb much of his maturity and I learn more on how to be man enough. I love him so much and I can't see anything wrong with our relationship. My parents approve of us since he is my dad's close friend as well, they're co-workers. But of course they don't have to know that. In bed, however, he's the superior and I don't mind being led by him.

bphlover

Kinky Newbie
  • Gay
  • Male
  • Private
Jan 31, 2019
I think if you are compatible with each other and you have each other's respect and trust, age gap won't be a hindrance in your relationship.

Featured Threads

New Personals