When is it kinky now?

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
I have had several chats in recent weeks concerning what actually is considered a kink these days. All kinds of things that previously would have been called kinky now seem pretty mainstream and vanilla.

Over the last few years the 50 Shades books and movie have stirred up interest that seems to have spilled over a bit. Regardless of the merits of those they have opened the eyes of a lot of vanilla folk to some wider ideas, so has this made some kinks not really kinks anymore?

I want to open up a discussion on things that you think are kinky or not, stuff that you think may have crossed over and now be really just vanilla sex. This could also include things that you have personal experience with or simply observations you have on the subject.

Last edited:

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
With the current tech available it makes it so much easier for like minded individuals to connect. Over all it's all its allowing much more exchange of ideas as well as exposure of the lifestyle to others who might not have stumbled across it years ago.
With respect to specific kinks. I think exhibitionism has become almost a norm. Whether it be pics or vids on kik or snap. Or live cam feeds on Skype and cam sites. Not too many shy people anymore. So the days of wow that girls topless sort of loses some value when it's all readily available at our fingertips. Not to say I don't still enjoy some boobs. I wouldn't ever turn down boobs. Lol.

Another would be bondage. Maybe not in the aspect of full on body harnesses or elaborate shibari. But simple tie or binding of the wrists or anlkes seems to be almost common place now.

Followed up with mild pain play. Seems lots enjoy a good spank on the ass or pinch of the nipples. It doesn't even seem to be specific to kinksters. See many vanillas that enjoy it.

Overall even if certain kinks become normal society acts. It's better than having to keep your likes and desires hidden from the public for fear of them not accepting you.

Last edited:

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
I agree with that for sure, this tendency of people to send each other naked selfies has become almost an epidemic. I suppose the combination of a good quality camera with all the various chat apps on the one device makes it so easy.
I do wonder though about just how quickly this has happened, was this want to show off latent all along but just hampered by clumsy technology? Prior to digital cameras you had to have your photos developed at a lab which meant they saw your nudes, either that or use expensive Polaroid, and even then how did you send your lover your nudes, by post?

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
Cave drawings
Carrier pigeons with scrolls of Hand drawn nudes. Lol
Then came Polaroids
Then the photo lab. (Side note. The one I used, the pics would come off the machine and down a slide with the pic in full view. So if you were walking by in the store you could see random peoples pics.)
Then digital cameras and email. Struggling on dial up speeds
Now Smartphones make it all instant share. Point click share tits. Lmao

Dom6BDSM

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Mar 24, 2011
North Europe
You mean its not everything except doing it for God in the missionary position with the intent to make a child ?

:D

Featured Threads

New Personals