Do you trust online Masters

vjz288

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Private
Apr 12, 2009
Hi

I'm rather new to the style and only have little online experience. I was communicating with several Masters and Mistresses, and many of them I am having big trouble to trust.

To start with, All the "Mistresses" claim they don't have webcam, mic and might not even bother to send a picture. I am pretty sure half of them are actually guys. But even if not, I think the master or mistress have ot show obligation that they care for their slaves and are not misleading them.

But when you do get someone who feels right to you, how can you trust him/her enough to obey him without reservations, can anyone answer from his experience ?

Torturer

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jul 1, 2009
the short answer is, no, you cant trust us, us being the dominant online masters :)

So whoever you meet and no matter how right it feels... and weather or not they send a picture, dont just disable your own judgement and do whatever. You are still responsible for your own safety.

The picture, webcam, mic, etc. are easy to fake, so dont decide to trust them just because they have those, there is no way to be sure.

My advice would be to decide what your limits are before going into the relationship, then stick to those limits. Writing them down can be a good exercise.
Early in the relationship make sure your partner knows and understands those limits, can be quite fun discussing limits with your sub.

That being said, there are tons of fun being had in online relationships, go crazy, have fun, stay safe :)

personally I am not homofobic and if the cute slavegirl I was playing with turned out to be a guy... well, would make me laugh for at least an hour.

Reactions: Cruel_Tara

Agent Green

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
As with any relationship it is a good idea to get to know the person first. Spend a week or two chatting about BDSM/whatever and get a feel for them and their personality. See if their story is consistant. Take your time (really) and don't let them rush you! When you feel comfortable take the relationship to the next level and start the fun. :)

mddk

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 20, 2009
uk
Trust is something that has to be earned on both parts.

DDK

vjz288

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Private
Apr 12, 2009
Does anyone have a more specific type of advice or experience ? Like signs that should raise concern, things to avoid, what makes you more reassured that you are not being punked ?

destinynh

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Jul 14, 2009
You have to listen to your own instincts and trust them. If they are asking a lot from you and not giving you anything in return, answers to questions, pics, etc then i would become suspicious.

A lot of fakes will ask you for all your info real name, email, im, phone, pics, for you to write stories or send them a journal etc and give you no personal info. If they are only available certain times of the day or night they are probably married or with a SO.

Now of course if they do any of the above it doesn't mean that they are fakes, some Dom/Dommes don't feel they need to share this info, especially right off the bat, and some people are just to busy in their lives to be available 24/7.

Like i said, you have to trust your instincts and go with them.

i have a web cam and i rarely use it other than talking online with family. i have to really get to know a Dom in order to know/decide whether or not i want to believe they are genuine and actually interested in me as a sub or just a plaything.

Reactions: SecretGuy

MasterKazugami

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Apr 30, 2009
Personally I feel there are some you can trust up front but others you can't.
I'm a master myself but when I do ask for personal details, I always ask if its ok to ask for them before asking.
If the person refuses to tell me personal details then, least it makes me feel secure knowing they can't claim me off as untrustworthy.

When it comes to webcams, I've seen loads of people use fake webcams...
The best thing to do if you want to see them on cam, ask them, to make a sign saying something you've personally written yourself.
That way, when using fake webcams no one person can put in on the video the sign you asked them to make. A fake webcam video is only a video that loops.
By doing something then the video can't do in its circular loop, it shows then if the person is fake or not.

If the person on webcam refuses to do a sign like this, chances are extremely high their a fake.

Them methods are what I use for people I don't trust on the net.

vjz288

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Private
Apr 12, 2009
Thanks for the advice

Do you (those of you with off-line experience) think people you meet offline are generally more trust-worthy and more serious ? I don't have offline experience myself but i imagine lots of people might just be trying to sneak their way for easy sex at the pretext of seeking a master/slave.

Master_Emanon

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Mar 15, 2009
Affirmation

As several of them said above, as in real life you must work to building up a trust.

I am on many site and mentor a few online during the day time as I do not go out during the day light hours [bad insomnia sun burn].

Though as I tell them, if some one is quick to get you on cam, quick to ask for nude pics, quick to ask to cyber and things of that nature.

Many will say that they want the pics to prove your real, personally all I ask for proof of being "Real" is a piece of paper with my email on it taken at three different times, to ensure its the same person.

I do have two real life slaves, as well as a few subs I train and find real life training more enjoyable, though online is enjoyable to fill my down time.

as far as trust i would say trust but but be careful.
If something does not feel right to you, trust your instincts.

If the "Master" has problems with you asking questions about their experience, continuously attempts to break limits and thing sof that nature, best to back off.

Master_Emanon

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Mar 15, 2009
Do you (those of you with off-line experience) think people you meet offline are generally more trust-worthy and more serious ? I don't have offline experience myself but i imagine lots of people might just be trying to sneak their way for easy sex at the pretext of seeking a master/slave.

Depends where you meet them, I usually only train by referral, such as the subs I currently train was introduced to me by subs/Masters/Mistresses in which I have trained in the pass.

While you encounter "fakes" and time wasters off line ass well, the chances of such are a lot higher online I believe

Ghost

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
NY, state
I had try online M/s relationship and in my case i hav given myself away to only 3 ppl. We share our time and it was intense and long; we hav fun and enjoy. I love following their instructions and provide things to prove that i hav done the task.

Trust is very important but making sure that someone is there and u can rely in something like (Webcam, cam, or txt) must be part of the relationship to make it worth while.

badkingbob

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Apr 26, 2009
1st post on here but I've been involved in lots of other online bdsm communities.

You've got good reason to worry about the first point you made. 90 per cent of the people you will meet online claiming to be submissive or dominant females are actually males. I'm happy playing with either - but I never play with anyone I haven't seen on cam (and made to perform a simple test such as standing up, putting their hands on their head, then sticking their tongue out - something random) just to prove they really are who they say they are.

You only have to look at contacts sites to see that most supposed Fs are actually Ms in disguise. Look at, say, the bdsm ads section on getdare - none of the messages posted by males looking for females ever get any interest - although there are a hell of a lot of (supposedly) female members!

Everyone owns a webcam these days, particularly in the bdsm community. If someone won't show their face on cam to show they are who they say they are, they are a male hoping to find someone stupid enough to fall into their trap!

vjz288

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Private
Apr 12, 2009
referral system

I just got this idea from Master_Emanon's posts. It would be great if there were people like Master_Emanon who can approve some of the ad posters.

Lets say that a new ad poster gets the oprion to be interviewed by one of stuff members just to see how serious he is.

Master_Emanon

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Mar 15, 2009
I just got this idea from Master_Emanon's posts. It would be great if there were people like Master_Emanon who can approve some of the ad posters.

Lets say that a new ad poster gets the oprion to be interviewed by one of stuff members just to see how serious he is.

I do wish they had an approval for ads by staff members, I know it would take more work though would make those who post ad more willing to do well written ads versus the

"20 yr old Master
Looking for slave

they must have cam"

Which is one of the ads I saw on get dare a while ago, I do not know any serious submissive that would consider that but they should make them tell some kinks, limits, and things a submissive may want to know before attempting to contact, though that is not nearly as bad as "I AM A SUB WHO NEEDS A MASTER, CONTACT ME" which is what I saw in another ad, and I saw so many guys commenting saying "I will dominate you", "I have sent you a pm" and thought to myself are these guys serious... but as I said most are looking for a quick getting off.

Torturer

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jul 1, 2009
i have to share this link :)

http://www.audio4fun.com/webcam-morpher.htm

first time i saw it i thought LOL fakerware? they have a voice changer too, but thats old news.
anyway i dont know if it actually works, if it does it will defently meen that there is no wat, literally no way, of knowing who is behind the webcam

slavekitty

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Slave
Apr 8, 2010
I have had a couple of doms because I wasn't sure which ones were right for me. I know that my chemistry with them can either damage or build the relationship right away. There is only one dom I feel truly safe with and he is the only one who has any pictures... Its just knowing all about what you want to do, can do, and acting on it.

Reactions: SecretGuy

Leopard

• Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Mar 24, 2010
Australia
lprd.tumblr.com
I believe it's perfectly possible for someone to trust an online dom and not have that trust betrayed. Unless online doesn't work for you; if you're one of the people that believes that online is a silly waste of time, then perhaps it is simply not for you. On the other hand, you'd do well to appreciate that online follows many of the same rules as in person.

You cannot simply see a name on a forum or in a chat room and decide to do whatever they say (well you can, but you're most likely going to be disappointed and thus frustrated) no more than you would pick a stranger out of a city crowd and ask them to whip you. I suspect that it is this missing lack of respect for the nature of online relationships - both from dominants and submissives, perhaps slightly more so dominants - that leads to many of the frustrations.

These are not words on the screen for you to fantasise over and order however you will. The person on the camera is a real person; they are typing / speaking real words. As a dominant, respect that that is a person, a real person, trying their best to follow your instructions. The distance and medium is no excuse to behave differently to how you would in real life.

Communication is also especially vital. You only have your words (whether typed or voice) with which to communicate your ideas and instructions. This goes for submissives, too. If you don't understand, or cannot do something, speak up. Politely, of course; show that you are trying, or suggest an alternative if something is too much for you. You have your limits there for a good reason. Far too many submissives are forced beyond them simply because they knew no better. There are always people to talk to, especially on sites such as this and gd. If you have concerns that you're being pushed too far, tell someone. But don't become the boy who cried wolf, either. If every little thing is bothering you and making you complain, perhaps this lifestyle simply isn't for you, and you'd to better to take it easier, learn a bit more instead of diving in.

The reality is that any educated person that has spent the time and effort to read the beginner's threads should have no real problems online. Protecting your anonymity is basic safety that everyone should practice automatically. The information is all there, and there are plenty of people to talk to on forums such as this. All you need to do is read and speak up with any questions, and they will answer you.

On the topic of fakes, I believe that there are quite a few fake domme ads, but aside from that, there really aren't so many fakes as everyone seems to insist. There are a lot of girls around; the fact that they don't post as many ads means nothing at all. Go with your instincts. (The reason for the balance of the ads, aside from the fact that girls are usually far less forward about these things, is simply that there are far less female mistresses than there are male slaves.)

SecretGuy

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Feb 3, 2015
I would normally ask a Domme to give me some reassurance to hear her voice or to send me a picture of something specific. Any true Domme would be happy to make their sub feel safe

Featured Threads

New Personals