How Did You Change From Vanilla to Being Interested in BDSM?

Agent Green

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
I thought it might be fun to get to hear how others left the wold of vanilla and became interested in BDSM. When did it happen for you?

For me it was High School. I was always attracted to stronger girls and seemed to click with the athletic and assertive types despite being very shy. Even now it is hard to explain this dynamic for me but I have always gravitated towards these people and we just seem to get along. My first BDSM experience was with a girl I dated and was very close to during this time. She was on the softball team and we would hang out and do homework over at her house on weekend afternoons and after her evening practices. Her parents were divorced and she lived with her dad who worked evenings so we had a lot of time to ourself to play around. After a year of just the two of us messing around and learning about the other sex we became a bit more aggressive. I found out that I love the feeling of pain through playing around and she was only too happy to oblige me. We would play little slave games. She would reprimand me based on my assignment grades and force me to learn complicated positions and commands. When she decided I was a bad slave I would be spanked. She was an strong girl and I still remember how the spankings hurt. She would spank me until I was a shaking mess and then cuddle me in her arms. I knew even then how lucky I was to have someone who cared so much about me. College was the end of our relationship but highschool set the tone for my future encounters. We still talk on the phone every now and then, despite living quite far apart these days. We were both young and awkward but our experimentation during this time changed both our lives and continues today although not through one another.

boundperil

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
May 12, 2008
I have to say that I am a child of the 70's :D I don't think there was a TV show on that didn't have some sexy thing being bound tightly. Between that and the last generation of the detective magazines, it was enough to etch those visions in my brain for a life time. We fast forward to a lovely female in high school who loved to be dominated. It took many years to find and acknowledge my true bondage style love, but I know what it is now.

DominantJohn

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
May 7, 2008
I was a horny teen and saw some segment on a HBO special about the whole bondage scene. So I got power hungry and started to dominate women over the internet, then phone, then real life. In my journey though I've picked up the finer points of the BDSM lifestyle.

Dementyia

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Dominant
May 14, 2008
I was at a coffee shop going to the weekly poetry night when I befriended some folks who were into the local BDSM scene. We chatted for a while, they gave me a little questionnaire their group had worked up, and after filling it out, I realized that I had a bit of kink to me. One day i visited my friends' dungeon and played wit their toys, and that was that.

Merlin

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Staff member
Jan 9, 2008
Germany
Hmm i cant really tell when it changed as i would say i never did... I was interested in dominating as far as i can think back. I always loved to tickle other people for example and also liked to play games that involve binding others. Even at very young age. So i think this was always a part of me. This also makes it hard for me to determine a point where i realized it, as even with maybe 10 or 11 binding a girl had an erotic effect on me (as i said i started to include it into games even a lot earlier)...

Strawberry

• Straight
  • Female
  • Slave
Nov 21, 2007
In my house
I've always been me... But I figured out what I was at age 16... And only truly accepted it at age 17. I'm 19 now.

Last edited:

Master_ofpain

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 12, 2008
when i was 10 lol.. but i didnt do anything about it until i got the internet at 17

Fiendish

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 9, 2008
I was on the bus when I was 13... one of the girls was wearing a collar, and I was curious. She explained a bit, I used the Internet to learn the rest and start down my dark path...

kshl

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
May 18, 2008
I must have always had it in me. But viewing the movie Histoire d'O triggered the whole lot. Since then, I've been living dominance and submission in several relationships.

odineu

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
May 18, 2008
Interesting...

As I said before I am still a long way off from swimming these oceans lol but I do remember something from my childhood that I forgot about for some reason until I read naughty_chloe's post.

I don't know where it came from but I remember watching Street Fighter the animated movie :D. There was a part where Bison took Ken and basically stripped him naked, strapped him down to a chair and electrocuted him to wipe his memory or something.
I remember to this day that I found that... highly erotic even as a kid. Before and especially After that I had fantasies while masturbating about being a soldier or something like that and being stripped naked, strapped down and kind of have experiments done on me that would give me more strength or something.
These days I look at the subject and the word, "Slave" makes my heart kind of beat a bit faster...
I think it will become a way to just... let go, to give all my "Dominance" up, to just kind of being an ultimate surrender for me. I feel like it will be beyond sexual to me... I can't really fully explain it. It's sexual but at the same time not.

So now that I am connecting the dots, :)

But I somehow forgot about that part of my younger years until now lol, crazy. :D

Joker

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
May 11, 2008
Iowa
Ever since I can remember bondage and dominating (example: a woman being tied up & tickled) has always been a turn on for me. And over the past year or so I have been looking into the BDSM lifestyle ALOT more since I few of my close friends thought it would be a great fit for me. So needless to say the lifestyle has peeked my interest and I am looking to learn more about it, it also helps that my last GF liked to be dominated every now and then :D

aika

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
May 20, 2008
England
I couldn't set a date, but over time and thanks to finding out more on the internet I could just add more and more things to my kinks list.

sum1

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 9, 2008
uk
To be honest i dislike the term vanilla. I have a tendency to believe that everyone is either a bit for want of a better term non-vanilla, in the same way that sexuality theorists pose that everyone is in part bi-sexual.

Again for me however, when i realised is a hard question to answer. Was it the Dr's and nursesesque games i played at a very young age, or the strange thoughts i used to have about tying girls up and having control (thoughts that i thought were bad and wrong and tried to suppress at the time) Or was it somehow something deep in my nurturing, surely finding all those bdsm erotic novels of my father's around can't have helped.

Merlin

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Staff member
Jan 9, 2008
Germany
[...](thoughts that i thought were bad and wrong and tried to suppress at the time)[...]
What brought you to feel like that? I never had the feeling that it is wrong. Although i knew very early that not all think like that, but never thought that it was something i should suppress. But maybe also my parents were just very liberal as i was raised with the idea that everyone can do what he wants as long as it is not harming someone else...

sum1

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 9, 2008
uk
Not sure really, certianly wasn't from my parents. Think may well have been early media and societal influences manefesting themselves. It could also be me mis-representing my feelings of the time, maybe more, not sure how to describe it really.

tempered_sugar

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
surely finding all those bdsm erotic novels of my father's around can't have helped.

Omg if I ever meet him I won't be able to keep a straight face! Atleast I could ask to borrow some duck tape if we ran out :p

Hummm I don't think anyone "turns", anyway I can remember when I was 8 playing schools with my friend and I was the naughty school girl she was the teacher. I can remeber her hitting me over the ass with a garden cane and kind of enjoying it and her doing it really hard but not telling her to stop. When we swapped over I didn't enjoy it very much.

This is something I obviously thought nothing of at the time but I guess my likeing for pain is pretty deep routed and no I wasnt spanked or hit as a child so maybe I am an odd case :)

sum1

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 9, 2008
uk
In case that wasn't a spelling error, to avoid an embarassing moment in the future, it's duct tape.

Actually it's an alternate name http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duct_tape#Etymology

Also it's a trade name for a certain type of the aforementioned tape http://www.duckproducts.com/

However the point is moot, as I'd never gaffer on her, far too sticky, my preference would be much more towards electrical tape (p.v.c tape, lx tape, call it what you will)

I think I felt this way back then because mostly of the fact that at a young age we are being told that hurting or abusing someone is wrong. And as a child I had no idea that some things like spanking or tying up someone could be right if wanted & consensual. So I knew that some actions were wrong if a person didn't want those acts to be done on them & I was wondering why I found this appealing then. I don't think I ever tried to suppress these thoughts though but just them very very weird.

Really good post as ever chloe. Though i would say that it's not just as children that people are told these things, i think as adults we are told them a lot as well. The only difference is that those who've chosen to act upon those thoughts are either in a more tolerating society, or are more rebellious to the dominant ideology of said society.

I think the word suppress was wrong, too strong. I meant more that i didn't like having them. The thing for me i think was again with the consensuality thing that you picked up upon. Imagine that confusion you had about wanting to be tied up and given pain and now flip that and imagine you're the one who wants to be giving it, when there's all those stories about rape on the news.

hope this all makes sense not sober (though some of my best posts at the other place have been when I've been in this state)

Last edited:

stephpoet

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Switch
May 25, 2008
I always had these dark fantasies, and finally moved to a city far away from people I knew. And looked up that city and BDSM and went to a Munch, and the rest is history. What's funny is I actually met my Master outside the BDSM world.

Sorrow Becomes Her

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Switch
hmm I can't quite remember... I think it was when I was 16, and my first sex partner wanted to try the doggie style with me. I had always thought it was a very degrading position, to be lower and at the mercy of the one pumping from behind... But.. I eventually loved it as he had the freedom to spank me, play with my ass, teasing me... ;)

Oh... no... that's right. I remember now (although the above scenerio still helped fuel it further)

I had been talking with a guy online for quite sometime. He through our emails had taught me much of the foundations for being a sub. (I was really about 2 or so years younger than what I had told him.) But he noticed the submissiveness in me, I suppose. Or else it was his dominating side that fueled it, but I eventually came to call him Master, thinking to myself that it was him being silly in his way. But the name stuck, and I enjoyed calling him that. Each time we spoke, he was chisling away, fashioning me to be a better submissive girl. He said, "There's nothing wrong with being submissive. the female is naturally submissive anyways, having to allow a man to push into her." He once described to me the manner in which he would have me, if ever we would meet. I'd wear only a collar fashioned in whatever style he chose, I would fix him dinner (he was such a health nut, although I never dared call him that to his face. hehe) a lean meat chicken dinner with steamed veggies and a wine to match. I would need to learn my place at his feet. I would eat from a silver bowl on the floor next to him so he could intertwine his fingers in my hair whenever he so chose... then after dinner he would take me into either his room or the living room...

but the rest of that pleasant fiction is mine to remember, asnd yours to guess. :D The way he said it, and what he mentioned in the emails to follow.. Gods, it was amazing. I wish now I had met him... but, we'd lost contact long long ago.

Last edited:

Featured Threads

New Personals