How much of a relationship is there between wrestling and BDSM?

panty20120329

Kinky Newbie
  • Lesbian
  • Female
  • Slave
Mar 29, 2012
In wrestling people are locked (tired) up in painful holds in order to make them submit. This is very related to BDSM in my mind. You may submit your answer without fear of punishment. This may make you happy OR it may make you sad. But then the sadness may make you happy. I could go on ad infinitum but will stop here.

Memories for Life

Kink Talk Prodigy
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jul 15, 2011
I think you're confused in believing wrestling (amateur, professional) is a "submission" sport. In both cases, the winner must "pin" the loser's shoulders to the canvas. The loser doesn't "give up" -- they try to win to their last breath (unless its staged to happen a certain way).

MMA is a sport of either knocking your opponent out or forcing him/her to "give up".

TensionRoom101

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Dominant
There are many aspects of wrestling that are woven into my D/s. I love it when a sub fights me with a genuine intent of not submitting to my will. It's far more satisfying than a dutiful sub who does exactly as he or she is told, punctuated with a 'yes sir no sir'.

I think, Memories for Life, that you're taking the term wrestling far too literally. Yes, greco roman wrestling is not about submission, but wrestling is a major factor in MMA too, as the Natural Randy Couture is testament to. A fantastic wrestler, but I don't recall him winning any of his UFC titles by a 3 count.

Mike

Memories for Life

Kink Talk Prodigy
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jul 15, 2011
There are many aspects of wrestling that are woven into my D/s. I love it when a sub fights me with a genuine intent of not submitting to my will. It's far more satisfying than a dutiful sub who does exactly as he or she is told, punctuated with a 'yes sir no sir'.

I think, Memories for Life, that you're taking the term wrestling far too literally. Yes, greco roman wrestling is not about submission, but wrestling is a major factor in MMA too, as the Natural Randy Couture is testament to. A fantastic wrestler, but I don't recall him winning any of his UFC titles by a 3 count.

Mike

As I stated previously, you only "win" in MMA by knocking out your opponent or forcing him/her to "submit" or "tapout". You don't recall RC winning any of his titles by "3 count" because it doesn't exist in the sport.

In my opinion, MMA is NOT mixed martial arts as it is mainly wrestling and boxing. Many common styles are outlawed because their complexities could cause "matches" to end too quickly which puts a "damper" on marketability.

Back to the original topic of the OP: Pure BDSM is about Bondage and discipline. Dominance and submission. Sadism and masochism. There is a clear understanding between "top" and "bottom" -- there isn't any "wrestling" over technique, procedure or task. Master says, slave does!

TensionRoom101

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Dominant
Twaddle. There is no such thing as pure BDSM. There may be an original definition that brought the acronym together, but it is and always was intended to be a very broad pigeonhole, and the actual acts that go into that pigeonhole are almost without number. And not every one of us has at the core of our BDSM a master/slave dynamic (and certainly not a master says slave does dynamic). There isn't always a clear distinction between top and bottom, as anyone who's spent much time around 'submissive' men, a very large proportion of whom are topping from the bottom.

I love to wrestle my subs- and I love them to try to wrestle back. Having done a lot of MMA in my lifetime it's a lot of fun, especially when pinned and breathless they have no choice but to concede defeat. I find it far more an exhilaration than the sub doing as I say.

You missed my point entirely on Randy Couture. In your first post you said the loser doesn't give up but is pinned in wrestling. I maintain that Randy, a wrestler by training, uses his wrestling skills not to pin but to submit his opponents (when he's not ground and pounding on their faces). And you personally may not see MMA as mixed martial arts, but nontheless it's there. It was dominated by Brazilian jui jitsu in its past, but there have been many karateka, and lethal kickers like Mirko in the ranks of UFC. The only reason it's lost its way as a sport is because the competitors have had to evolve, take on each other's styles so there is a lot less distinction between the fighters' abilities these days. However, to say it's now just boxing and wrestling is not only a major simplification, it contradicts your own point that wrestling is solely about pinning.

Mike

puppyplay

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
May 20, 2012
Look up ju jitz u (spellt that wrong) but that is where more oftan than not, you win by a submission, which is tapping

JustAMan

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 6, 2008
Am i the only one that realises the first post is a spammer?

Firstly: It makes no sense whatsoever, they have put a few search terms together to make a paragraph.

Secondly: They have only one post, anyone with less than 10 posts should be treated with suspicion until they prove otherwiser

Thirdly: Their name looks randomly generated and/or has very little thought put into it.

Fourthly: The BDSM text is a link to a random website with no context or reason AND it is hidden in the text. Classic ways to spam a link.

Come on people, it's not hard to spot!

SluttyNewing

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Slave
May 26, 2012
Memories for life you couldnt be so much wrong i am a amatuer wrestler and one of my finishers is desgined to make my opponent tap out so answer me that one

Mistress_Lucie

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Dominant
Feb 27, 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne
@shadow x.

It's not about whether the original post is a spammer or not. A lot of very good debates and discussions have come out of some idiot posting a spam message that generates an interesting discussion.

Personally, I'd rather respond to spam like this all day than endless people saying "I've been a bad boy. Punish me." I think this particular thread could have proven an interesting discussion on wrestling and pinning techniques, favourite holds and interesting positions that keep a submissive in place with minimum restriction to the dom's movement. I really don't mind where the original spark came from. It's a potentially grown up topic that I'd like to see expanded.

Lucie xoxox

Memories for Life

Kink Talk Prodigy
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jul 15, 2011
Memories for life you couldnt be so much wrong i am a amatuer wrestler and one of my finishers is desgined to make my opponent tap out so answer me that one

Here's your answer:
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_wrestling)

Illegal moves

Amateur wrestling is a positionally-based form of grappling, and thus generally prohibits the following:

Biting

Pinching or poking with the fingers, toes, or nails, including fish-hooking the nose or mouth

Gouging or intentionally scratching the opponent – eye-gouges especially are grounds for disqualification and banned status in most amateur wrestling competitions

Strikes using the hands, fists, elbows, feet, knees, or head

Joint locks, including armlocks, leglocks, spinal locks, wristlocks, and small joint manipulation.

Chokeholds, strangling, suffocating, or smothering

Spiking, or lifting and slamming the opponent head-first to the mat (though other forms of slamming are generally allowed in the international styles; in collegiate, slamming per se is illegal)

Grasping or holding the opponent's genitals

Using a triangle (grappling hold) scissors (where one knee is bent at a 90° angle and placed behind the other knee) on the head. Scissors can be used on the body or limbs, while the figure four has been made completely illegal as of 2011.

Most types of amateur wrestling also discourage or prohibit the use of one's own or the opponent's clothing for grasping or performing any type of hold.

Full Nelson, When both arms are under both opponents forearms or arm and both hand are behind his neck or head, although, it is now legal in Junior and Senior, if you do it to the side and do not bend the head down.

SluttyNewing

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Slave
May 26, 2012
i use austin aires last chastry and i use the fiure four leg lock they are not banned

JustAMan

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 6, 2008
@Mistress_Lucie

Perhaps, but we are also promoting their spammed site. I will report the thread to a mod for editing.

Dirt

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jun 9, 2012
I like the professional wrestling move "stinkface", it is essentially a variation of a facesit. One person is sitting down in the corner , the other one is positioning his/her backside on the opponent's face and rubs it around to humiliate the guy/gal. It was originally made famous by a male wrestler, but in recent years the ladies have adopted the move.

ntmantrasnow

Banned
  • Straight
  • Trans
  • Switch
Jul 18, 2012
<strong><a href="http://www.bigcosplay.com/anime-cosplay-c-124.html ">Anime Cosplay</a></strong><br>
<strong><a href="http://www.bigcosplay.com/anime-cosplay-c-124.html ">Anime Costume</a></strong><br>
<strong><a href="http://www.bigcosplay.com/anime-cosplay-c-124.html "> Anime Cosplay Costume</a></strong><br>
<strong><a href="http://www.bigcosplay.com/anime-cosplay-c-124.html ">cheap Anime Cosplay</a></strong><br>
<strong><a href="http://www.bigcosplay.com/anime-cosplay-c-124.html ">buy Anime Cosplay</a></strong><br>

Featured Threads

New Personals