so this occurred to me when talking about a rule

akechi106

<<<<Verified>>>> CBT Switch
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Sep 4, 2014
so i was talking to a user on here recently about an album about some of the photos they were going to put up.

on the reply to my message they let me know that it was removed for giving out too much personal information........ that is where it get's weird.

you see, this is a discussion thread so feel free to put up your thoughts and opinions about it, but i will tell you my observations on this first.

now as to the user i was speaking with, they are a Woman and there happen to be 2 other albums as recent as her album was with more information then she ever put up, but yet her album was the only one removed even though she was the one consenting and adding to it.

im only using this as a starting point to find out the exact rule on this issue since it seems like she was singled out from the other 2 albums that happen to be of men for an unapparent reason.

i just wanted to find out if there was some sort of new rule for exposing yourself or not.

AuthorCrow

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Nov 4, 2016
Members of kinktalk can freely demand for their pictures to be taken off and for which most times than not, it will be done so by moderators/administrators. But that doesn't mean any of the pictures/personal information will be removed entirely off the internet. Once something is out there, it's out there. Some people have saved it, others made SS's, and so on.
Don't really know what is there to be discussed about new rule when it comes to self exposure/exposure by other people and whatnot. If there's an album out there of yourself, even if not posted by you, you may request for it to be put off.

In my opinion:
Pictures are of a personal nature, as well as any personal info, if you've submitted to someone and agreed to be exposed and then demanded for it to be removed, it still should be, just means that you wont be getting trusted with such things anymore. Or it could also mean that the Dom/domme you've submitted to will get pissy about it and post them all over internet, just outside this website, all the kinktalk mods/admins can do is prevent it being posted here.

So once again, in my honest opinion, if there's a request put up for removal of a pictures in albums/albums all together by owners of the pictures, should be done so.
But there should also be some sort of penalty to it, and the reason for removal should be really concrete, not just "I want them removed because I don't like it anymore"

Also, if the album was put down by moderators/admin without a request by users, then just simply take it as that, it got removed. The kinktalk.com is not without limits all together to what all can be posted all around, if there's too much personal info that'd end up allowing for identity theft, etc. well then, clearly it will be removed (at least how I see it)

akechi106

<<<<Verified>>>> CBT Switch
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Sep 4, 2014
Members of kinktalk can freely demand for their pictures to be taken off and for which most times than not, it will be done so by moderators/administrators. But that doesn't mean any of the pictures/personal information will be removed entirely off the internet. Once something is out there, it's out there. Some people have saved it, others made SS's, and so on.
Don't really know what is there to be discussed about new rule when it comes to self exposure/exposure by other people and whatnot. If there's an album out there of yourself, even if not posted by you, you may request for it to be put off.

In my opinion:
Pictures are of a personal nature, as well as any personal info, if you've submitted to someone and agreed to be exposed and then demanded for it to be removed, it still should be, just means that you wont be getting trusted with such things anymore. Or it could also mean that the Dom/domme you've submitted to will get pissy about it and post them all over internet, just outside this website, all the kinktalk mods/admins can do is prevent it being posted here.

So once again, in my honest opinion, if there's a request put up for removal of a pictures in albums/albums all together by owners of the pictures, should be done so.
But there should also be some sort of penalty to it, and the reason for removal should be really concrete, not just "I want them removed because I don't like it anymore"

Also, if the album was put down by moderators/admin without a request by users, then just simply take it as that, it got removed. The kinktalk.com is not without limits all together to what all can be posted all around, if there's too much personal info that'd end up allowing for identity theft, etc. well then, clearly it will be removed (at least how I see it)

you see that is what i already knew about the photo being requested to be taken off, but like i said in the post, they were just removed because of some violation of the rules of "too much personal information", which didnt make sense to me since there are so many others with much more information then she already up there and staying up there.

that's why i started this thread to discuss weither or not she was singled out for an arbitrary reason

AuthorCrow

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Nov 4, 2016
Could be singled out, could be something else, personally, I'd stick out of trying to find reasons to why a certain persons post/album got removed/edited/etc. or if some person got banned/penalised in some way.
Mostly because, if a mod/admin thought that it should be deleted, they had a good reason for it. They're mods/admins for a reason, probably not because they'd act on a whim. (At least that's what I'd like to believe.)
And I don't really think they have to justify their actions to normal users, other than to admins (if it was mod who has done it) and such.

CuriouslyInterested

Verified Dragon
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Staff member
Jan 12, 2015
Midwest
Kink Talk mods have weigh variety of information. I'm not sure circumstances in which the album you are referring to was removed. Generally we try to follow safe guidelines for the user, the model and the website. No one wants too see the website be sued and shut down.

Generally we remove photos that we have received a request to remove. Period, it doesn't matter what the model promised the poster, if you want your picture removed we do so. Staff cannot keep track every lost bet, picture swap, relationship that consent is given to share pictures, who has an exposure kink, etc. and frankly has no desire to babysit everyone. We also have neither the time nor inclination to cross reference all the photo albums.

We have tried to make sure there is a consent photograph but no one cares to read and abide by the rules. In leiu of that, I delete most personal information. I almost always delete legible id pictures. I have no way to determine if the model gave you that photo with their consent to have the information exposed or for private verification of who they are. I have no problem with personal information being revealed when the the person the information belongs to clearly has provided their consent. In general, other than embarrassment of the people around them discovering the pictures, there can be serious consequences to exposure at that level, including people's personal safety from predators.

I occasionally will delete kik user names when it's not clear if the person is even a community member. Again, if people give clear consent it's one thing, but it's happened before and will happen again that a jerk posts a username to get people to harass others, without their consent.

The key point in all of it is SHOW YOU HAVE CONSENT. Get consent photo staff has asked for and then we don't have to question anything. When people ask to have photos removed, remove them or if they come to staff we will remove them. And don't sit back and watch and encourage while other people commit consent violations. Staff will have less concerns when the community stops permitting it be acceptable behavior.

Featured Threads

New Personals