slavemichi

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Oct 29, 2008
Florida
My vibrator says

Caution: This vibrator is not intended for therapeutic purposes and is recommended for external use only. Prolonged and frequent use is not advised for recommended as these items are sold for novelty purposes only. This vibrator should be used with discretion.

Can someone please explain this, and the harm it could bring? It's a Neon LuvTough Vibe is that matters, from Pipedream Products.

http://pipedreamproducts.com/showdetail.php?Full_Number=PD1140-11

sum1

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 9, 2008
uk
I think it might be because some states in ameraica and probably other contries you're not allowed to sell sex toys hence the 'novelty purposes only' part, and at a guess i'd assume the other bit, about over yse etc is just so they're water tightly covered for if someone manages to injure themselves with it from legal action.

lydiab6

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Switch
Jan 15, 2008
Also just a warning, some vibrators are made of a material that is slightly toxic to the vaginal area so shouldn't be used for extended periods of time. Im not saying this is the case of your vibe, but the warning may have something to do with that.

sum1

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 9, 2008
uk
Also just a warning, some vibrators are made of a material that is slightly toxic to the vaginal area so shouldn't be used for extended periods of time. Im not saying this is the case of your vibe, but the warning may have something to do with that.

owie! That's a rather silly thing to make them of! Hhehe sugar was joking it would be because of repetitive strain injury!!

aika

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
May 20, 2008
England
It basically stops them being liable if you do something stupid, and also if you sell it as a novelty item you don't need an adult sex store license I believe.

tempered_sugar

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
I've got a couple of vibs and they all came with this warning. It means that if you in some way damage yourself with the vib the company will not be liable and it will be your fault. That is not to say you will damage yourself its all just protecting themselves.

The only thing I will say is be careful with lube with battery toys because any lube getting into the battery compartment will damage it, found that out the hard way! :p

sum1

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 9, 2008
uk
It basically stops them being liable if you do something stupid, and also if you sell it as a novelty item you don't need an adult sex store license I believe.

That would make sense with those vending machienes you sometimes get in pub toilets where you can get blow up sheep and vibrators

depp

sysop
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Staff member
Nov 20, 2007
That would make sense with those vending machienes you sometimes get in pub toilets where you can get blow up sheep and vibrators

Holy crap! I've never seen that. I'm either a social recluse, in the wrong country, or going to the wrong bars. :D

lydiab6

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Switch
Jan 15, 2008
Holy crap! I've never seen that. I'm either a social recluse, in the wrong country, or going to the wrong bars. :D

Seriously, I've never seen blow up sheep or vibrators being sold in a bathroom!

tempered_sugar

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
Me either I think he is playing with our brains! I have seen condom machines and tampax but not sheep.

Master_ofpain

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jan 12, 2008
ive seen the vibrator vending machines in male bathrooms... it was a gas station

lizard

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 6, 2008
earth>us>midwest
Seriously, I've never seen blow up sheep....

Once upon a time I lived in Texas and we had a saying:

Ahhh, Texas. Where men are men and sheep are nervous.

I can honestly say that Ive not seen a blow-up one, but it would be worth the price to go along with the saying; it would make a great stocking stuffer!

maculate

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Apr 9, 2009
Dildo vending machines? Wow, maybe in Japan, but I wouldn't expect them here, not yet (where would you put one anyway? Condom machines are in places where your not expected to be going home alone, so, a library?)

Featured Threads

New Personals