That special room...

DianaR

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Dominant
Apr 8, 2009
I'm am fortunate enough to have a basement. It's easier to keep the St Andrew's up, and the massage table can stay package roped, just in case I want to practiec a little bondage.

How do you keep your play space separate from the rest of the home?

Master_Emanon

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Mar 15, 2009
I currently live in a 3 bedroom apt in Manhattan, yet i live a lone, so i keep the largest room as the play/training room, though the living room also has equipment in it and such.

Though i am saving to get a house in upstate new york which will have at least 4 bed rooms a basement and attic, so a lot of room for several play rooms and cages, i keep the door to the playroom usually open, all of my friends know that i am in the lifestyle even if they are not, though they also like to ask ideas to spice up their "vanilla relationships" with certain kinks

Last edited:

tempered_sugar

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
May 6, 2008
I have two little trunks that stay in my bedroom. They aren't locked and aren't hidden away. So if someone comes accross them who cares?! lol

Coyote

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Feb 28, 2009
I also use my basement. I have a few boxes of stuff in the closet that i take out and organize it around said floor.

DeaconStruction

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Apr 14, 2011
St. Louis, Metro Area
It's a TRAP! Testament to bondage in minimal space.

Virtually every corner of my room is designed for some kind of fun, and looks innocent enough to pass for nothing but! Carefully folded blankets and well-placed pillows on my bed gladly conceal Shibari-style shackles on the head and foot boards (all 4 points and in the middle). The hammock that is mounted to the ceiling by a bar-and-knot system is mistaken as part of me "just being creative," but actually pulls triple duty as a place to relax, a sex-swing, and as a pulley/anchor suspension system. I reinforced the rafters to allow it to hold more than 400 lbs easily. The closet has a steel clothing bar with modified, weight supporting brackets, and a clear floor. 3 corners of my modest room have different media that my subjects, depending on how they behave, will kneel upon- a small beanbag chair (FUN to watch them balance on a shifting surface!), Cold hard linoleum, and a cardboard cat-scratching station (chafes the knees terribly). All look like everyday items, placed neatly into the living/sleeping space designed for a single guy who shares a house with a roomie. For more vigorous or colder sessions, the bomb shelter- Yes, there is a bomb shelter in my basement!- has been used, and is now under modification to become a fully-functional dungeon.

What I love about this arrangement, is that newbies have no idea what is about to happen to them, and that trained subjects cannot sit in my room without knowing that they are probably sitting on, standing next to, or touching something that has, or will be eventually be used in a session. I have one who cannot even walk into my room without her panties getting squishy before hitting the threshold!

kurious

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Dec 12, 2010
Hahah I have nothing so fancy as another room... Everything I have is in a couple colourful IKEA boxes! lol

jim1984

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Jul 14, 2009
My usual haunt is the bedroom, or the bathroom. depending on the situation. I'm fully intending to dedicate a room to this one day though.

Ginger88

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Slave
Mar 22, 2011
Seeing as i still live at home, most of my equiptment is kept in a shoebox under my bed ;p

Featured Threads

New Personals