Kink Talk

Go Back   Kink Talk > Kinks > Toys, Tools, and Equipment

Old 05-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Kinky Newbie
Straight - Female - Switch

Fishsticks is on a distinguished road
Question Handcuff Tips

Both my boyfriend and I am what you could call newbies to BDSM and are interested in adding handcuffs to the mix. In the past we have only really experimented with spanking and caning never physical bondage. I ordered a pair of handcuffs to start off with along with a collar and chain but have never used anything like this before. As of now I have only really read about this stuff.

So..... Is there anything I need to know about handcuff safety? Also are there any positions with the handcuffs you can recommend in conjunction to the collar and chain. I want him to be somewhat comfortable and know how to keep him safe.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:27 AM
Kink Talk Member
Bisexual - Male - Dominant

TensionRoom101 is on a distinguished road

I'll come back to you on this- but yes, I'll post some advice when I'm here tomorrow.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Senior Kink Talk Member
Straight - Male - Switch

aika is on a distinguished road

By the looks of it, the handcuffs you bought are the cheapest metal handcuffs you can get, they have that standard one-prong key and a safety catch allowing you to release the handcuffs without the key (these can be taken off easily with a hacksaw).

When with a partner, the only safety knowledge is to not tighten them too much, or they leave nasty marks on your wrists. if using them on your own, make sure you put them on in a way that you can reach the keyholes. Otherwise, even if you have the key, you won't be able to release yourself!
Old 05-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Kinky Newbie
Straight - Female - Submissive

pheinbaugh2 is on a distinguished road
Cool

sounds like fun!
Old 05-24-2008, 08:15 AM
Senior Kink Talk Member
Straight - Male - Dominant

Merlin is on a distinguished road

thread moved to "Toys, Tools, and Equipment"
Old 05-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Kinky Newbie
Straight - Male - Dominant

DominantJohn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DominantJohn

Unless there is a double lock (1 lock to latch the handcuff, the second lock to prevent it from moving in either direction) the main thing you have to watch out for is them tightening when you're playing with them. (EG: you bang your wrist into the headboard and it closes another notch). This can actually cut off circulation so be sure to watch it. The best thing I found for this is the first couple of times using them DO NOT GAG the person being cuffed, this way they can communicate if need be. After getting comfortable with them for a while then you can use another sign (eg: shake your legs back and forth repeatedly) to signal that the cuffs need attention. Depending on your lifestyle, discomfort may be wanted but cutting off circulation can cause permanent damage to the limb in question.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:46 AM
Senior Kink Talk Member
Straight - Male - Private

rumen is on a distinguished road

It's very helpful to be acquainted with the handcuffs. You don't know when you will need and come in handy

Tags
bdsm, chain, collar, handcuffs, spanking