Locked according to KT policies.

Penelopeness23

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Dec 25, 2023
Philippines
[And even if we insist on putting blindfolding into a box: If you ask me, it very well is BDSM. BDSM is a very broad spectrum. Sadomasochism, bondage, D/s, more broadly also unusual turn-ons (kinks in general), roleplay, .... Pain is not required. You could consensually tie someone up for aesthetic reasons and you're both clothed and it's only mildly restricting and there's nothing sexual about it and yet - that would be BDSM). Humiliation for pleasure purposes is another example of BDSM - one that doesn't even require any gear at all!! Domination and submission is essentially a form of power play, where one person is in a position inferior/subject to another - more or less entirely. Naturally there often is a slight imbalance in power even for vanilla activities... but blindfolds are definitely an outside factor, not purely a question of mind-set. Idk if I'd call that 'slight'.

Yk, there's a reason we say 'trust someone blindly': Eyesight is an important part of our lives, and being the only one not having it definitely leaves you more vulnerable than if you could see. You give up some control over the situation. Therefore BDSM. Basically he could do anything he wants without you even knowing what's going on until it is too late. Can you trust him to 100% that he won't?]

As has been stated by others before, even if you happen to be into blindfolds - I would personally strongly suggest you stay away from that, eh, friend of yours. Pushing someone to do anything sexually is a huge red flag. What even is that line of thought from him - 'just because it's vanilla consent is not required'?!?? As if the name changed anything?

Whatever you do with a partner should be based on mutual pleasure (*or at least gain/enjoyment/desire, depending on what you aim for and how you define 'pleasure').

Therefore: Consent (SSC). Enthusiastic consent.

Sure, people might be willing to try out something for the sake of making their partner(s) happy occasionally, but even so it's never a 'you said yes - you now owe me' - on the contrary, it makes it even more important to be careful and aware of boundaries (in healthy relationshis at least). And of course it's all completely voluntary - and it is, too, more than OK to not be willing to experiment at all. Or if you withdraw consent later on because you started to feel whatever you do is not doing you good. It's always your choice alone what you allow somebody else to do to/with you, at any point.

And this choice is to be respected.

And with those who don't - it's safer and nicer to stay clear of them.

It is of course your decision what to do now. But if you still choose to engage with him: Please at least be careful and know your worth. He's not entitled to anything, everything he does he can do solely because you permitted it. Never forget that.

Finally, I'm sorry for writing so much - and also I apologise for the poor structure. Nonetheless, I hope you could gain something from it. May the new year find you well, too!
I appreciate your reply. I can really feel the sense of providing insight💕💕 thank you so much and i hope I didn't stressed you out so much😅

• Love
Reactions: Helion

Penelopeness23

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Dec 25, 2023
Philippines
In terms of pain, it's like a hot poker going through your nipple. In terms of aftercare, 6 months is not unheard of with saline spray and this is assuming you use proper jewellery.

Pain meds is a RED flag again.
What is a hot poker? I assume it's a proper one since i heard he's paying a lot for it. I'm really just trying to hold out till he is swamped with work and hopefully he forgets 🥺

Teret

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
May 26, 2023
I dont know which message to reply to since they all seem ... weird.

With a lot of respect, dude just seems weird. Being a sub/slave/whatever doesnt mean you have thrown away your agency. Blindfold and piercejng even after ending a dynamic is just him trying to get what he wants.

You need to consider your position/relation properly if you are in a place where you are hoping your partner is swamped with work and forgets something. Sounds abusive. Probably is too. This is not how bdsm or consent works.

If I were you I would have asked for a glans piercing for him to go with your nipple piercing.

A piece of advice - being a sub is no reason to be naïve.

Penelopeness23

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Dec 25, 2023
Philippines
I dont know which message to reply to since they all seem ... weird.

With a lot of respect, dude just seems weird. Being a sub/slave/whatever doesnt mean you have thrown away your agency. Blindfold and piercejng even after ending a dynamic is just him trying to get what he wants.

You need to consider your position/relation properly if you are in a place where you are hoping your partner is swamped with work and forgets something. Sounds abusive. Probably is too. This is not how bdsm or consent works.

If I were you I would have asked for a glans piercing for him to go with your nipple piercing.

A piece of advice - being a sub is no reason to be naïve.
I don't think I'm being naive. Just hopeful. Told him about the decrease of sensitivity on the nipples but he said it varies. I'll try to ask him about the glans piercing 😅 hopefully he'll decline so i could. I don't think he's abusive even if he is a part of the fault falls into me as well for tolerating his compromise themed suggestions

Naughty nova

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Jun 10, 2023
I 1000% agree with subzzzero he is trying to manipulate you. Just think with that blindfold on he could easily slice a nipple before you even know what he is up to. Is it really worth trusting someone who clearly does not care about your boundaries. Once he has that blindfold on he could easily tie your hands . Is that a risk worth taking? It's up to you but to me it just sounds like he is trying to manipulate you into whatever he wants because once he starts will you be able to say no? He is counting on you being to polite to stop him once he starts.

Penelopeness23

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Dec 25, 2023
Philippines
I 1000% agree with subzzzero he is trying to manipulate you. Just think with that blindfold on he could easily slice a nipple before you even know what he is up to. Is it really worth trusting someone who clearly does not care about your boundaries. Once he has that blindfold on he could easily tie your hands . Is that a risk worth taking? It's up to you but to me it just sounds like he is trying to manipulate you into whatever he wants because once he starts will you be able to say no? He is counting on you being to polite to stop him once he starts.
I didn't think far enough as to slicing my nipple cause we clearly said no to that and i discussed him the risks. I'm starting to see why he is deemed a hazard. But he's my friend though. Plus he knows the law. I do believe I could say no but putting it like that. I'm anxious now. He did show the blindfold (it's lace) and other materials he bought before. Though some of his toys have sharp edges they're silicone(?) Like the soft plastic but wow I didn't think that far. That's mental. Wow Thanks for opening my eyes. He does ask me if I'm okay with it i usually say yes or maybe😅 that's on me i guess

Penelopeness23

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Dec 25, 2023
Philippines
Yip. Even I have my ear pierced, and nether of us describe it that way.
Well considering everything that's been said here that made me realize how dangerous this is i told him the decrease in sensitivity and how long it is to heal and to not be touched and as well as the tight clamps as a better alternative. He hasn't responded

Naughty nova

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Jun 10, 2023
Well considering everything that's been said here that made me realize how dangerous this is i told him the decrease in sensitivity and how long it is to heal and to not be touched and as well as the tight clamps as a better alternative. He hasn't responded
Because he is trying to come up with another way to trick you into doing what he wants. And yes I understand I know nothing about him but what you are telling us. But here is the thing if what he was asking of you was appropriate you would not be asking for advice. If you didn't already have your own doubt you would not have come to us.

I'm going to give you and example. When I was in high school I met my now husband. I lost my virginity to him on our third date. My best friend was a virgin at the time also. When I told her I had lost mine she kept asking me if she should have sex with her boyfriend. I told her if you have to ask me if your ready then your not. It should just feel right you shouldn't be worried about weather it is right for you. Long story short she decided to because we no longer had anything in common because I wasn't a virgin anymore. Guess what she regretted it and blamed it on me for years.

So I'm going to tell you the same thing I told her. If you have to ask us if it's right then you already know it's wrong.

Penelopeness23

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Dec 25, 2023
Philippines
Because he is trying to come up with another way to trick you into doing what he wants. And yes I understand I know nothing about him but what you are telling us. But here is the thing if what he was asking of you was appropriate you would not be asking for advice. If you didn't already have your own doubt you would not have come to us.

I'm going to give you and example. When I was in high school I met my now husband. I lost my virginity to him on our third date. My best friend was a virgin at the time also. When I told her I had lost mine she kept asking me if she should have sex with her boyfriend. I told her if you have to ask me if your ready then your not. It should just feel right you shouldn't be worried about weather it is right for you. Long story short she decided to because we no longer had anything in common because I wasn't a virgin anymore. Guess what she regretted it and blamed it on me for years.

So I'm going to tell you the same thing I told her. If you have to ask us if it's right then you already know it's wrong.
I hope i don't come out as rude or dismissive i really don't mean it this next sentence in that tone but I didn't ask if it was right or wrong. But i do appreciate you all telling me it's wrong and it's not bdsm and wrong in every aspect of a human relationship at that. We've been in a complicated fwb set up for 6 years so i gotten used to tolerating him to the point that i just convince myself by default I'm on board with him. It certainly saved my idiot ass from something that cannot be undone. So far i only received an "OK" from him. Just that two letters and if i use my brain I'm sure he's going to do something when we meet so i decided if he ever decides on the day we meet. I'll just tell him I'm unavailable 😅 I'm too stressed out to say No again to him. I'm really sorry this is all i could do. But yeah rest assured No nipple piercing for me in this lifetime

Devildom1994

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Oct 3, 2018
Berlin
Hey Penelope.

I don't think anyone here is trying to say what you're doing is right or wrong. It's your life and at the end of the day, you're the decision maker and you are the one who has to live with it.

Rather, from what we've heard, they're all just trying to help you realise and get out of something that is toxic to you. I know it's really easy to say 'stop and move on' but really difficult to be done. But in certain situations, it is important to be done. Really important. There were many situations in this thread where red flags of your friend was pointed out. But you still keep mentioning more and more happening.

Apologies for being blunt. But this person (from what we've heard here) is a very toxic person. Not because of his lack of knowledge in kink. We all were new and we've all made mistakes. Mistakes that some of us still regret. But what makes a difference is when you learn from them and decide to change. That is not visible in the case of your friend. He's constantly trying to trick you and manipulate you into getting what he wants without thinking about your safety.

As much as you want to have fun, think about your safety. Think long term. Don't let short term sorrow and grief ruin your mental and physical health for a longer period.
Good luck.

Devil 😈

Penelopeness23

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Dec 25, 2023
Philippines
Hey Penelope.

I don't think anyone here is trying to say what you're doing is right or wrong. It's your life and at the end of the day, you're the decision maker and you are the one who has to live with it.

Rather, from what we've heard, they're all just trying to help you realise and get out of something that is toxic to you. I know it's really easy to say 'stop and move on' but really difficult to be done. But in certain situations, it is important to be done. Really important. There were many situations in this thread where red flags of your friend was pointed out. But you still keep mentioning more and more happening.

Apologies for being blunt. But this person (from what we've heard here) is a very toxic person. Not because of his lack of knowledge in kink. We all were new and we've all made mistakes. Mistakes that some of us still regret. But what makes a difference is when you learn from them and decide to change. That is not visible in the case of your friend. He's constantly trying to trick you and manipulate you into getting what he wants without thinking about your safety.

As much as you want to have fun, think about your safety. Think long term. Don't let short term sorrow and grief ruin your mental and physical health for a longer period.
Good luck.

Devil 😈
Thank you for this but i would like to clarify the "right and wrong" i never said anything about people telling what is right or wrong. I only gave an update and someone said i knew something was wrong if i was to seek advice here and after pondering on it. They were right. And indeed i am deep in denial because of all the favors he's done for me. I'm really sorry for the confusion and i hope i didn't offend anyone. I'm really thankful for the advices and even going out of their way to write long paragraphs for me to understand the severity of his actions. I am fully aware of that now and I've declined him repeatedly today. Not sure about how our friendship would progress but i hope it won't be a bad one.

I'm truly sorry if i sounded hard headed and stupid. I didn't really realize the dynamic of our friendship and what could be the possible consequences until Miss Nova pointed out the blindfold.

As i have said before no more bdsm for us. No more nipple piercing for me and I'm just here to learn and find out more about my kinks and the proper and safe way to practice bdsm

Advance Happy New Year to everyone 💕

Featured Threads

New Personals