Some beginners and general tips

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
First posts all have dates they are below each member name just before the main body of each post. Numberous posts on a single thread all have their separate specific date.

Second most times you can tell the last time a kinktalk member was active by simply clicking or tapping on their screen name. This will bring up a pop up window showing t he date they joined kinktalk and most times the date they were last active on the site.

Please keep these dates in mind when replying to posts. Some discussion type posts are fine and add value when contributing to it regardless of post age. Others like personal ads for example, replying to one that’s 2yrs old and the member last seen that same time ago is zero value added and just clogs the new feed up.

Back to that member pop up window. Clicking tapping on the members name again within that window will bring up their profile. Here you can view their profile details, post on their wall, private chat or message, see media they have posted to their profile, as well as see all their prior posts. This is a great way to find a persons habits if you’re considering them for a dynamic or similar. Do they post meaningful content or are they just the one liner thirsty “hey slut kik me” type posts?

Are you tired of seeing your “what’s new” feed flooded with the fake dommes with the repeat ban accounts over and over? Below every post there is a link to report them. It literally is labeled “report”. Use this to notify admin of the issues. But be sure to check out the rules section to see that you’re actually reporting for a reason that’s valid. Once you have made your report you can also go back to click/tap on that members name. It will give you the chance to “ignore” doing this will clear all the threads they have initiated as well as show the posts as ignored member and hide that content. You can still choose to view that later if you so desired. I typically report a spamming account bot and then choose ignore and refresh the new feed page so it clears all their posts from the listing.

Content and activity is what keeps a site alive. If you like someone’s post or pics or whatever and either don’t know what to say but still want to let them know you enjoyed it. You can click the like button on their post. It will notify them next time they are online that you did so. A small show of appreciation.

Do you have a specific subject or item you’d like to talk about or learn about? There is a keyword search function that will find those relevant posts for you. Click the magnifying glass top right of the page. There is even an advanced search option within it.

Do you want a sub, a domme/Dom, some tasks, some punishments, play, etc. It helps to have some basics when doing so. Give us your likes, dislikes, kinks, limits, tools toys avail, other restrictions. Numerous times I see a post that is like “punish me I did (insert bad action here)” And that’s it. I just skip those over or at most make this suggestion of adding info into the post. Same for seeking a partner. “I want a slave to serve me.” Try harder. Put in some effort. Give us some details about what you’re into what you want expectations etc.

When requesting a punishment or task or whatever. Follow up knowing you acknowledged it will encourage people on your future posts. This place has tons of post and ghost one single day single post “punish/task me” type posts. When I personally see no reply from the member who made the post after numerous gave ideas. I skip over it and don’t waste time and effort on it. A simple thanks, or not my style or report how it went or even as mentioned above press that like button. Then we all know you’re atleast worth putting some time into on future requests.

If you’re seeking no interaction type stuff for ideas. Again use the search option there are tons of task and punishment ideas here.

Here’s a link to the sites rules page as well just as an easy referral point. It can also be found at the very bottom of the kinktalk home page.

Admin does an awesome job here closing out bots and scammers. And they have always been very attentive to the members from what I have seen here.

Hope this helps some.

Featured Threads

New Personals