100-Hour Self Bondage

Sir's Bunny

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Mar 3, 2022
Hey!
Looking to train up to doing a 100-hour self bondage challenge for myself. Plan is to use rope and plugs for the most part.
Does have anyone have experience with doing something similar? Recommendations on what you have done or negative experiences?
Obviously going to do it towards how I am comfortable but would love to hear of experiences.

Merlin

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Staff member
Jan 9, 2008
Germany
No experience with selfbondage but with binding others ... 100 hours seams a bit on the long side (to say it mildly), but it depends a bit on what exactly you plan to do.
I would highly advice against anything restrictive for anywhere close to that time, 100 times more so while alone! Even 1 hour would be long. The main problems that can show up in bondage are muscles cramping, nerve damage, losing of blood flow (although that one is way less likely than some people believe, still it is a thing to keep in mind), rope burn.

The by far most common problem is nerve damage, there are several nerves very close under the skin in places where you might bind yourself if you don't know about them. This is especially a problem if you aim for long term bondage and if you don't have someone around that can unbind you fast. As long as you unbind as soon as signs show up (tingling, lose of feeling) this is nothing permanent but it can be a problem if you cant get out, up to permanent damage to the nerve in question. You should inform yourself about this subject before you even think of doing any kind of long term bondage! And yes, 1 hour is already long term

The 2nd big thing I see is rope burn, even for light bondage 100 hours is extremely long. How big of a problem that is will depend on the place of your body and the rope you use.

To be honest any kind of bondage that is restrictive (meaning you cant get out of it at any point by yourself) would be crazy to do for even 1 hour while alone, not even talking of anywhere close to 100.
For non restrictive ones I would advice to get safety scissors big enough that they are able to cut your rope, be careful with signs of starting nerve damage, make sure there is an option to get help (just in case)...

Sir's Bunny

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Mar 3, 2022
No experience with selfbondage but with binding others ... 100 hours seams a bit on the long side (to say it mildly), but it depends a bit on what exactly you plan to do.
I would highly advice against anything restrictive for anywhere close to that time, 100 times more so while alone! Even 1 hour would be long. The main problems that can show up in bondage are muscles cramping, nerve damage, losing of blood flow (although that one is way less likely than some people believe, still it is a thing to keep in mind), rope burn.

The by far most common problem is nerve damage, there are several nerves very close under the skin in places where you might bind yourself if you don't know about them. This is especially a problem if you aim for long term bondage and if you don't have someone around that can unbind you fast. As long as you unbind as soon as signs show up (tingling, lose of feeling) this is nothing permanent but it can be a problem if you cant get out, up to permanent damage to the nerve in question. You should inform yourself about this subject before you even think of doing any kind of long term bondage! And yes, 1 hour is already long term

The 2nd big thing I see is rope burn, even for light bondage 100 hours is extremely long. How big of a problem that is will depend on the place of your body and the rope you use.

To be honest any kind of bondage that is restrictive (meaning you cant get out of it at any point by yourself) would be crazy to do for even 1 hour while alone, not even talking of anywhere close to 100.
For non restrictive ones I would advice to get safety scissors big enough that they are able to cut your rope, be careful with signs of starting nerve damage, make sure there is an option to get help (just in case)...
Thank you for your response! Definitely gives some things to think about. I hadn't planned on doing anything restrictive for any long point of time, but for the rope I was more thinking along the lines of day wear. I do want to make sure I stay safe during the process. What I do would also need to change depending on life activities.
I'm really glad you mentioned the rope burn aspect. I imagine wearing on top of clothes would mitigate that issue a bit?

Scrib

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Oct 10, 2021
I would second this.

Too tight for too long can cause serious nerve damage.

What about a corset? Or a leather harness, that should put less pressure on a specific area. A rope harness for day wear should be OK plus you could change the pattern, although an elaborate harness would be be difficult to tie if alone.

You could try elastic bands very popular for breast bondage. Again limited time use only.

Every restraint makes marks, apart from medical fleece lined restraints. Also your own body will have a unique level of sensitivity and will show the marks differently.

With plugs think if you are going to have to sit, and driving can be a very interesting experience if things do not stay in place. Anal should be easier than Vag.

If you go down the handcuff route, do lock the cuff with a finger worth of space inside the cuff, think dog collar tightness.

Good luck.

Do report back.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sir's Bunny

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
Softer rope material can make a world of difference for long term wear.
Tying a harness to be noticeable but loose enough to avoid tight enough to affect nerves muscles.
Also what about a total of 100hrs but consisting of various parts location and types of bondage to equal the 100 hrs vs one specific thing for 100hrs on it’s own.

Sir's Bunny

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Mar 3, 2022
Softer rope material can make a world of difference for long term wear.
Tying a harness to be noticeable but loose enough to avoid tight enough to affect nerves muscles.
Also what about a total of 100hrs but consisting of various parts location and types of bondage to equal the 100 hrs vs one specific thing for 100hrs on it’s own.
Yes, it would be various locations and types. From all the replies I'd be doing more loose bondage than anything else. 🙂

Dominantsub

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Mar 6, 2016
Absolutely +1 to the adivce above. I have found straps to be much more comfortable than ropes for long term bondage - more surface area=less pressure.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Hey!
Looking to train up to doing a 100-hour self bondage challenge for myself. Plan is to use rope and plugs for the most part.
Does have anyone have experience with doing something similar? Recommendations on what you have done or negative experiences?
Obviously going to do it towards how I am comfortable but would love to hear of experiences.
I've been meaning to pop in a few words on this for a while, all advice so far is basically good and taking a safety first approach.

Just to be clear, 100 hours is over 4 days so that's quite the task you've set yourself here!

An option you might like to consider is using cuffs, both wrist and ankle and then utilize these to give you attachment points. The big advantage with using cuffs is that you can wear them continuously as long as you keep them properly adjusted. Personally for solo play I'd advise the velcro type, they are softer than leather and very quick to remove if something untoward comes up.
Couple these with some decent quality carabiners and you can enjoy loads of secured/bound time with quick release if needed. For instance you can set up ropes on your couch so that when you sit there your ankles and wrists can be clipped to them. You can also setup ropes to secure you in the kitchen or laundry to ensure you stay bound while doing chores etc.

A final word of caution, please be very careful at night. Sleeping bound is a bad idea, at most perhaps consider ankles only. When you have been asleep and wake suddenly it's really easy to get panicked if you can't move. You also need to consider the (however unlikely) events like fire etc where you may need to get out of the house fast.

Sir's Bunny

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Mar 3, 2022
Thank you to everyone for the tidbits on safety! Can never use too much of that. Really happy I posted about it so I can modify as needed.

Longest time has been 12 hours so far. It will be awhile before I'm capable of doing the full 100 hours but I'm excited for it. 🙂

silentloveslave

Kinky Newbie
  • Lesbian
  • Non-Binary
  • Submissive
Aug 26, 2021
The longest id seen someone stay bound was some rigger on Insta that told me he had a model bound for 24 straight hours. Doing the math.... 24 x 100 equals 5 days bound. Personally I just really wouldn't recommend this, unless you have food and water breaks planned. I've always viewed and practiced bondage as a photographic thing so I'm only bound for the amount of times it takes to finish the picture.

sb717

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Submissive
Apr 29, 2022
I did a SB session of about 12 hours once too. And I'll never do that again, lol. I've learned that my upper limit is around 6 hours. Which goes by pretty quick with a VR helmet and some nice moving pictures to keep my mind busy. So I like a little SB from time to time, and I've been doing it long enough that I've acquired a few toys, ice locks, mag locks. I built a simple bondage frame from some lumber and leather and metal and It's inescapable and comfy. But 100 hours, in a single position, I really think that is super dangerous. I wish you the best of luck. Tell a friend what you are doing before you commit that last lock.

Sir's Bunny

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Mar 3, 2022
I did a SB session of about 12 hours once too. And I'll never do that again, lol. I've learned that my upper limit is around 6 hours. Which goes by pretty quick with a VR helmet and some nice moving pictures to keep my mind busy. So I like a little SB from time to time, and I've been doing it long enough that I've acquired a few toys, ice locks, mag locks. I built a simple bondage frame from some lumber and leather and metal and It's inescapable and comfy. But 100 hours, in a single position, I really think that is super dangerous. I wish you the best of luck. Tell a friend what you are doing before you commit that last lock.
The entire time will not be in one position or with only doing one type of self bondage. I still have to go about my everyday life. So, essentially it will require that I am using at least one item at all times (i.e., rope, plugs, gag, collar, corset, etc). But, there will be times, when able, to do more restricted bondage of being tied down, or staying in a position for upwards of an hour depending on what it is each day.

I've done day wear rope, like in the picture, for 12 hours so far. I've noticed the mental strain in it to so I still need to come up with a full plan using what I know, what I'm capable of, and being able to push myself without over doing it.

I will also have someone keeping watch of the process for comfort and safety reasons. 🙂

Thank you for the luck!

Attachments

• 20220420_073543.jpg
    20220420_073543.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: Doctor Pervert

BiSubbyHubbyAZ

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Jun 15, 2022
Phoenix Metro AZ

Hey!
You're going to die. Google dive dehydration or hunger or some crap when you get yourself into a predicament on day two. This is not a smart idea you are not doing the correct thing here. This is not what we should do. If you want to kill yourself there's less drawn out ways...

Devildom1994

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Oct 3, 2018
Berlin
You're going to die. Google dive dehydration or hunger or some crap when you get yourself into a predicament on day two. This is not a smart idea you are not doing the correct thing here. This is not what we should do. If you want to kill yourself there's less drawn out ways...
It is appreciated that you care about the OP and safety. But I'd call myself stupid if I post a reply that starts with "you're gonna die" without understanding the whole idea.

BDSM definitely involves a certain amount of risk. And OP has mentioned she'll not be in a single position the whole time. Rather she needs something on her the whole time. I don't think it involves any serious risk for her life. I'd rather ask her to be aware of the risks involved since it's a longer period of time.
Be safe.

Devil 😈

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
This is why it's always a good idea to read the entire thread and not jump to conclusions from the title.

As @Devildom1994 points out it's made very clear that @Sir's Bunny is very experienced and putting a lot of thought into this. Alluding to suicide is rude and disrespectful, so please take the time to read things properly in future.

Sweex

--Verified--
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Aug 25, 2016
A little late to the party here but when I read this I wanted to give my thoughts on it.

I know a girl who wanted to do a similar kind of challenge, 1 week in self bondage. She took all her items of clothing, table linen, curtains, bedsheets, etc., whatever she could could cover herself up with and locked it away in a closet with a padlock. Then she cuffed her ankles with leather ankle cuffs with a 30cm (1feet) chain in between and cuffed her hands behind her back also with leather cuffs.

Now naked, cuffed and without curtains or blinds for the windows and for safety reasons she did not go up the stairs she was now confined to the hallway of her house, or risk getting exposed to someone who came across her house. She lives next to a fairly busy street so during the day if she wanted to go to the livingroom / kitchen everybody who would pass by would be able to see her and at night she would have the same problem if she put on some light to see what she was doing she had the same problem even more so probably.

For safety she had 2 sets of keys, 1 set taped to the underside of her mailbox at the front of her frontyard and 1 set for her her sister (who know of her kinky hobby's). She had a panic button that was connected to an app on her sisters phone.

From what she told me she had mixed feelings about it, if she could be more restricted (a cage) she thinks she would have liked it better cause she felt not restricted enough during the whole week. She has done this a couple of times for different periods of times on instructions of her online Dom.

CaptsToy

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Nov 27, 2022
East Tennessee
I’m required to do certain activities wearing certain implements. I am required to wear my anal plug to the grocery store. If I shop 15 minutes or 45, if I run to the one close to me or the large one 25 minutes down the road, I wear it to shop no matter what. Wearing it can get tender. I do have different ones and I have (my experience) the larger metal one feels and stays situated the best. If I don’t follow the rules, I wear the punishment of my forgetfulness. I admit, he is waiting to check and verify… I also admit there are times I purposely leave it home. He’s aware and knows I’m pushing my boundaries.

Reactions: Lia51 and Akhil jha

Featured Threads

New Personals