Any heartbeat lovers hanging out here?

Diff

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Feb 19, 2020
I figure probably not, there are plenty of other sites that cardiophiles are more likely to stumble onto, but are there any kinky people here who happen to be into listening to heartbeats as well?

Reactions: kaylessa and nina

nina

Verified Observer
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Apr 13, 2016
I am not aware of this 'kink' but seems interesting. Curious to know a bit more about this.

Reactions: Diff

Diff

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Feb 19, 2020
Pretty much what it says on the tin, some people are turned on by heartbeats. For me personally, for the most part, I find them *super* relaxing. Few things I enjoy more than napping on my Domme's chest listening to her heartbeat. But it's pretty hot to hear her get worked up, too. If you pay attention to it hearts start telling you a lot about the person right next to you. Idk heartbeats are just so honest and intimate and pleasant.

Reactions: nina

andrei

<:: Verified ::>
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
Hmm
If you have a problem about your heart beat, can you make a kink out of it?

Diff

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Feb 19, 2020
Certainly can, many do. For example my gf really likes hearing heartbeats skip. If I tell her my heart skips a beat, she's usually upset because usually she misses it and doesn't get to hear it. There are plenty who take that idea to the extreme doing downright dangerous stuff trying to purposefully get their hearts to skip, race, or lose their steady rhythm.

I've kinda disconnected from the sites full of those kinds of people though, seeing them post and upload stuff like that was nearly enough to give me a heart attack lol. Fantasy's one thing, actually carrying it out is another.

But even a little closer to sanity there's plenty of people of that type. Some people like hearing heart murmurs, others like hearing mitral valve prolapse (some people just like the sounds from specific locations, I think the Mitral and Apex are two favorites), others like hearing split beats (in a lot of hearts, if you listen closely the normal "lub dub" can be split into like up to 4 individual sounds). Most of those are relatively normal and harmless.

But yeah. Whole lotta people with a whole lotta variety in tastes.

IzzAvenged

Catfish warning
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Oct 5, 2018
I am not aware of this 'kink' but seems interesting. Curious to know a bit more about this.

I am not sure it's a kink, but I do love having my head on my man's chest and listening to his heart beat. It is quite comforting, though I would not say it is arousing.

Magnetic

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jul 19, 2016
Heartbeats are most certainly NOT a kink. They never will be.

Not for me, not for you, not for anybody else.

Why do I say this? Simple. Remember the time when you where a fetus, before you where born? Ok, ok... I am being ironic here... Anyway, during this time the mayor source of sounds for you to hear was your mother's hear beat. So, you associated her heart beat with calmness and smoothness... An association you recover even today, when you listen to your Mistress' heartbeat. An association almost anybody will be able to recover when listening to the same sound.

Do not believe me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJLZOE9YEGU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pOlVJTgU4s

Now, can you make it a kink? You certainly can. You can make a kink out of anything.

Diff

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Feb 19, 2020
Heartbeats are most certainly NOT a kink. They never will be.

Not for me, not for you, not for anybody else.

Now, can you make it a kink? You certainly can. You can make a kink out of anything.
<Heavy confusion>

I am not following the point you're trying to make at all. Many kinks have a source. Some of those are physiological (foot fetishes are thought to be common because the bit of the brain responsible for feet is physically right next to the sexual response bit. Few crossed wires and bam), some of them are developmental, triggered by something that happened. For example when I was a baby I was unable to breastfeed, now I've got a decent sized breast fixation. Maybe that's linked maybe not.

Heartbeats likely fall into the second category. That doesn't really have any bearing on its status as a kink. If hearing someone's heart racing turns you on, that's a kink. It's not something sexual of itself, but provokes a sexual response. Maybe that's not a perfect definition of kink, but at least for the purposes of discussion here I think it fits just fine.

And most of us are heavily aware of the womb association as well. There's a decent amount of overlap with people who enjoy hearing stomach sounds, something else that would have been a prominent noise. Nowhere near as common, but they exist. Maybe interestingly, I'm not aware of anyone who has tastes in stomach sounds like they do with hearts. Like I mentioned, there are those into fast, slow, sick, steady, all sorts of individual statuses and conditions, listening locations, all sorts of stuff. But when it comes to stomach noises, it seems to be either a yes/no thing, there aren't any people seeking out specific types do stomach noises like there are with hearts.

Last edited:

Magnetic

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jul 19, 2016
Heartbeats likely fall into the second category. That doesn't really have any bearing on its status as a kink. If hearing someone's heart racing turns you on, that's a kink. It's not something sexual of itself, but provokes a sexual response. Maybe that's not a perfect definition of kink, but at least for the purposes of discussion here I think it fits just fine.

I see. If you define the word that way, I guess heartbeat would be considered a kink, if it evokes a sexual response on you.

Magnetic

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jul 19, 2016
Interesting question, thanks for asking it.

First thing, I must tell you that English is not my native tongue. I learned it almost 30 years ago, so it happens less often now, but every once in a while I find myself in a situation that there is a word used among a people group I belong to that I simply do not understand.

So, I asked Google. As a result, I came up with such responses as:
  • [The Free Dictionary] Showing or appealing to bizarre or deviant tastes, especially of a sexual or erotic nature.
  • [Dictionary.com] Relating to, having, or appealing to unconventional tastes especially in sex.
  • [Dictionary.com] Sexually deviant
  • [Dictionary.com] Blandish
  • [Dictionary.com] Far out
  • [Wikipedia] In human sexuality, kinkiness is the use of non-conventional sexual practices, concepts or fantasies. The term derives from the idea of a "bend" (cf. a "kink") in one's sexual behaviour, to contrast such behaviour with "straight" or "vanilla" sexual mores and proclivities. It is thus a colloquial term for non-normative sexual behaviour. The term "kink" has been claimed by some who practice sexual fetishism as a term or synonym for their practices, indicating a range of sexual and sexualistic practices from playful to sexual objectification and certain paraphilias.
Wikipedia defines paraphilia as "(previously known as sexual perversion and sexual deviation) is the experience of intense sexual arousal to atypical objects, situations, fantasies, behaviors, or individuals".

On top of that, I asked Google translate to translate it for me to Spanish, it it translated to a word that can only be translated back to "sexual perversion". However, Google Translate does not currently recognize the word any longer.

I got many more URLs. I did spent quite a while going inside this rabbit whole.

None of those definitions say anything about being something that evokes a sexual response from you. I mean, in that definition, a vaginal straight sex between a man and a woman in missionary position and with both unneeded clothes on and the lights off would be considered kinky!

Even in those conditions
  • The man would certainly cum...
  • The woman may cum...
  • The word "kinky" would be appropriate!
Yet, I would dare to say, that nobody here would make that claim!

Last edited:

Diff

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Feb 19, 2020
You're missing half my makeshift definition, kind of the most important part, "it's not something sexual of itself, but provokes a sexual response." It's something that wouldn't normally be a part of vanilla sex. It's deviant, unconventional, all those words. A kink's defining factor is its departure from vanilla sex.

"Paraphilia" is another (significantly less sexy) way to say kink. Take bondage. Kinky. A paraphilia involving restriction of movement. There's nothing inherently sexy about being tied up. But there was a power exchange that gets some people off. Some people even the appearance of the rope is attractive. The fact that they get off on something that isn't actually at all sexy makes it kinky.

Magnetic

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jul 19, 2016
Oh... I agree...

But the thing is, according to the definition you have provided:

Something doesn't have to lay outside of regular vanilla sex to be considered kinky...

Diff

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Feb 19, 2020
What would be something *inside* vanilla sex that you'd consider kinky? Can't think of anything that doesn't sexualize a nonsexual element like power exchange.

Last edited: