BDSM, slavery, consent and the law

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Interesting discussion here on a recent Australian case of a man charged with keeping slaves, he claimed it was in a BDSM context but it seems maybe consent, or rather the lack of it is central to his case.

Last edited:

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
It’s scary how easily it can turn. I’m not saying he’s in the right or wrong cuz I obviously don’t have all the facts. But it does reiterate the need for clear communication at all times from all sides.
maybe he got too complacent and the subs were wanting to stop things but didn’t speak up. Maybe they spoke up but he failed to respect the all stop. I mean any number of things can lead to this type situation and the best way to prevent it is to always keep open communication and frequent check ins. Both sides of the slash.

Reactions: WolfShark

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Yup, the big issue mentioned is how consent is NOT enduring, it can be withdrawn at any time. It seems that maybe they started out consensual but over time he bullied and coerced the women beyond their consent.

Also this quote from the story on the idea of slave contracts might be instructional to those considering such nonsense.

"The use of “slave contracts” and other fantasy objects in BDSM activities does not alter the requirements for free and voluntary agreement under the law."

Reactions: WolfShark

Featured Threads

New Personals