BDSM Specific Symbol For a Tattoo

subdream

Distinguished Member
  • Bisexual
  • Genderfluid
  • Submissive
Feb 18, 2022
allmylinks.com
I love tattoos, ever did. But I never had the guts to get one myself, especially because I feared that I would lose interest in the subject and thus would no longer want the specific tattoo in question. But given that I love BDSM for decades now, I'm pretty sure I will not lose interest.

That means I am contemplating getting a bdsm themed tattoo. I know the triskele, but it seems to be used by right-wing extremists as well. This might result in the above fear becoming true, which in turn means I will not use it. I also know the Gorean kef symbol, but it seems to be bound to a very specific type of play which I don't think I am part of. Also it seems strongly bound to female slavery (with a special symbol for male slaves) and thus doesn't really fit for a genderfluid person. The same seems to hold true for the secondary Gorean slave symbol, the Dima.

The symbol does not need to be a slave symbol. A masochist symbol would be fitting as well. But a slave sysmbol is probably a slightly better fit.

Ah well... any suggestions? The pain is, that the symbol must have a fitting meaning and as well be one that I like aesthetically. I hope there is one that fits.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
This something I've pondered on a few times, as you mention the existing recognized symbols come with a lot of baggage and I agree this is not what I want the association to be.

Maybe we can brainstorm this and come up with a new symbol that is inclusive and non partisan and start a new era for kinky folk?

Reactions: subdream

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
It’s not perm tattooing. But prior subs/slaves I have labeled with ink, cell popping, light branding, and temp tattoos( the good ones)

I’ve used my initial. I have also used a lock with my initial inside it. This could be one.

I’ve seen the infinity symbol used a few times on fet with initials on it as well

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
One candidate I have looked at a few times is the ancient Egyptian wedjat, better known as the Eye of Horus.

wedjat.jpg

I was drawn to it because it is relatively simple and would suit both jewellery and tattoos. Symbolically it represents protection, healing and restoration of strength. It is also used as a representation of power.

subdream

Distinguished Member
  • Bisexual
  • Genderfluid
  • Submissive
Feb 18, 2022
allmylinks.com
temp tattoos (the good ones)
How can I differentiate the good one from the bad ones? I would love to try one.

I’ve seen the infinity symbol used a few times on fet with initials on it as well
I won't use initials. You'll never know what happens and perhaps one doesn't like those initials in a couple years or more.

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
I’ll have to ask around again. Basically they were temp tattoos. Cost more but lasted for months. With options to customize

subdream

Distinguished Member
  • Bisexual
  • Genderfluid
  • Submissive
Feb 18, 2022
allmylinks.com
That would be awesome! That way I could try my tattoo for a while and see if it really suits me.

The king

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 20, 2013
How about you registers you as a slave and get a slave number ???? Then you can use that nuber and nobody woude know what it ments 🤔 for a tattoo ….😄

pinkpantyslave

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
May 14, 2016
How can I differentiate the good one from the bad ones? I would love to try one.

I won't use initials. You'll never know what happens and perhaps one doesn't like those initials in a couple years or more.
Find yourself someone familiar with Indian culture and get them to apply Henna tattoo's in the form you like.

They are not permanent but they last for a while.

jestergestures

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Trans Man
  • Switch
Mar 27, 2023
Maybe the leather pride flag?
I also found this online 👇
bdsm-role-symbols-dsg-001.jpg

And the meanings of the symbols here
I'm not personally a fan of the cisnormativity of the + and ⬆️ symbols, but you could potentially opt for a ⚧️ instead.

Last edited:

Redcamel

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 13, 2018
You don't say how visible or hidden you want it, but a rope knotted around a wrist or an ankle could be interesting.

Featured Threads

New Personals