Being overweight but into kink

Vampiric_Lust

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Mar 20, 2019
Hi I wanted to know if it is acceptable to be into kink but overweight, if there possibly any risks?
I have non alcoholic fatty liver, gouty arthritis and muscular cramp which would improve if I lose weight, but one of the symptoms of a fatty liver is the inability to lose weight. Would a daddy dom be able to help to stay disciplined and healthy? I know that the emphasis is on me to lose weight and I am doing exercise at home, but it feels like it isn't making much of a difference. Unemployed so can't afford going to the gym.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Hi I wanted to know if it is acceptable to be into kink but overweight, if there possibly any risks?
I have non alcoholic fatty liver, gouty arthritis and muscular cramp which would improve if I lose weight, but one of the symptoms of a fatty liver is the inability to lose weight. Would a daddy dom be able to help to stay disciplined and healthy? I know that the emphasis is on me to lose weight and I am doing exercise at home, but it feels like it isn't making much of a difference. Unemployed so can't afford going to the gym.
Overweight and into kink is not just ok but common, are there risks, yes.
As with most things being overweight does increase risks but especially with regard to bondage as any restricting of blood flow can put you at higher risks from clots and other circulatory issues on an already stressed system.
In my opinion it is not advisable to link weight loss/gain of anything more than 10% of your recommended body weight to any kind of dom/sub relationship. At around 10% this is a kind of discretionary weight variation that won't have a lot of impact on health and is fine to kind of play games with for those close to their recommended weight.
It sounds like you are a long way over that and need therapeutic weight loss which includes advice from a dietitian. Now this is not my field but it is generally acknowledged that for most people weight loss is 20% exercise and 80% dietary changes.
Its actually simple maths, its much easier to not put the calories into your body in the first place than it is to burn them off once they are stored as fat.
This isn't a game it is serious and requires serious solutions, certainly not the flaky advice of some part time online daddy dom.

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
i have helped subs of mine who wished to lose weight or get healthier but i always made it clear that they set the goals limits durations etc. i would just help them to plan in structure and make them accountable for their actions. I also made sure they knew i already liked them as they were and that in no way would i ever allow weight to cause me to see them as any less a sub. so basically more of a support coach type role for me in the matter rather then a direct youll lose X number of pounds etc.

Featured Threads

New Personals