bondage or truly bondage

GamePlayer

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Jan 18, 2014
Bondage can be put in levels from beginner to experienced. But when do you call bondage: "truly bondage"?

"
Bondage isn't really bondage, until you want to get out
".
I think that quote a good way to describe bondage: Being tied up (inescapable) and you want to get out, only you can't, feeling completely helpless.

Or is 'just being tied up' also truly bondage?
I also added a few question to this subject in a poll:

http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/610070

Just wondering what your opinion is about this.

CuriouslyInterested

Verified Dragon
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Staff member
Jan 12, 2015
Midwest
Your poll has a flawed question, you didn't represent all the view points you made available with the other questions...

Is self-bondage also truly Bondage for you?
No, for self-bondage is an emergency escape option necessary, which means you always have the option to escape (even if you don't use the emergency escape option). So that doesn't count for truly bondage because there is always an escape option.
Only if there is an time periode when you can not escape by using a time release methode (e.g. keys from cuffs are only available until the ice melts). Without an emergency escape option during that time. (Which is not recommended! Always have a emergency escape option with self-bondage)
Yes, as long your tied up, and your not using the emergency escape option. And your using a time release methode. It comparable with truly bondage when your tied up by some one else who decides your freedom moment

The answers to this question don't allow for any other answer than bondage has to be inescapable at some point in time to truly be considered bondage. You don't have just being tied up as a self bondage option, which was part of your original question and an option for the other questions.

Why wasn't "YES...Self bondage is truly bondage as long as you are tied up, even if you can free yourself at any time." included among the possible answers?

And out of curiosity, if it has to be inescapable and restricting movement and rendering someone helpless...what do you call breasts being tied with rope?

Last edited:

jtruman94

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Oct 26, 2015
Your poll has a flawed question, you didn't represent all the view points you made available with the other questions...

Is self-bondage also truly Bondage for you?
No, for self-bondage is an emergency escape option necessary, which means you always have the option to escape (even if you don't use the emergency escape option). So that doesn't count for truly bondage because there is always an escape option.
Only if there is an time periode when you can not escape by using a time release methode (e.g. keys from cuffs are only available until the ice melts). Without an emergency escape option during that time. (Which is not recommended! Always have a emergency escape option with self-bondage)
Yes, as long your tied up, and your not using the emergency escape option. And your using a time release methode. It comparable with truly bondage when your tied up by some one else who decides your freedom moment

The answers to this question don't allow for any other answer than bondage has to be inescapable at some point in time to truly be considered bondage. You don't have just being tied up as a self bondage option, which was part of your original question and an option for the other questions.

Why wasn't "YES...Self bondage is truly bondage as long as you are tied up, even if you can free yourself at any time." included among the possible answers?

And out of curiosity, if it has to be inescapable and restricting movement and rendering someone helpless...what do you call breasts being tied with rope?

Couldn't have put it better myself..
As for breast bondage.. I don't think of it as bondage.. It's more like a base for other bondage related activities, like suspensions, hogties and more...
Breast bondage, in and of itself hardly seems like bondage to me, more like a negliegee clothing or underwear that is uncomfortable and barely covering anything.
That's my opinion though...

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
The original meaning of bondage is regarded as pertaining to subjugation or submission as per:
the state of being a slave.
"the deliverance of the Israelites from Egypt's bondage"
synonyms: slavery, enslavement, servitude, subjugation, subjection, oppression, domination, exploitation, persecution; More
captivity, imprisonment, incarceration, confinement, detention;
bonds, chains, fetters, shackles, restraints, yoke;
literarythraldom, thrall;
historicalserfdom, vassalage;
archaicenthralment, duress
"the serfs were set free from their bondage"
antonyms: liberty
sexual practice that involves the tying up or restraining of one partner.

Note that the second definition is what is being discussed here yet simply states "tying up or restraining". I would agree with this, any time rope or other restraint or binding is used it is what is broadly termed "Bondage".

Within bondage of course there are varying levels and as with all kinks it is open to interpretation. I am somewhat biased on the subject but for me breast bondage is an extremely valid and important part of what I consider bondage. Self bondage is also valid in my view, it may be escapable either by timing device or some other safety release but it can still give the participant a thrill and offer a true bondage experience.

Something to consider, if escapability is your main criteria then how about handcuffs? Once cuffed with real handcuffs you cannot escape them but is that bondage?

Last edited:

CuriouslyInterested

Verified Dragon
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Staff member
Jan 12, 2015
Midwest
Couldn't have put it better myself..
As for breast bondage.. I don't think of it as bondage.. It's more like a base for other bondage related activities, like suspensions, hogties and more...
Breast bondage, in and of itself hardly seems like bondage to me, more like a negliegee clothing or underwear that is uncomfortable and barely covering anything.
That's my opinion though...

Yet you name It breast BONDAGE, even though it hardly seems like it is. The breasts are bound, implying it is actually bondage. The same for crotch ropes...the quote from the poll, and your theory is that if the rope between the legs is tied to the waist it's not bondage but if it's tied to something across the room making It uncomfortable it is. That is like saying if you hit a home run you're playing baseball but if you strike out you are not. Bat + ball = baseball, rope + body = bondage

GamePlayer

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Jan 18, 2014

You are absolutely right, my mistake :eek:. I can't change the poll questions anymore, but maybe I create a new version (2.0) from this poll. Maybe there are other suggestions I forgot to mention in the poll, if I did, just let me know.

Featured Threads

New Personals