Homemade DIY Dildo or any sextoy homemade using gelatin (UPDATED).

andrei

<:: Verified ::>
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
I have watched a lot of vids on YT regarding gelatin. Example:

I was worried I cannot find glycerin as required and I didn't know what is that for. I asked on GD and found it was something eatable but not found in my stores. Then I found out it's optional.
Gelatin with water can be combined into a silicone like material. A TbS of gelatin with starting 2TbS of water can create a rubber like non toxic material (eatable actually) that you can mold into a sex toy.

Mix them and leave for 5 minutes. Heat in microwave for 5-10 seconds. Stir then refrigerate for 15 minutes.

Harmful? Not what I can think of. Gelatin is obtained from boiled bones so it's natural stuff (if still worried, add a condom).

You can heat it in the microwave for a few seconds to melt it back for another mould (but never heat to boil temperature as boiling chemically might destroy the gelatin) and cast into another mold.
For color you can add sweet paprika powder (red), curcuma powder (yellow). Or metil for blue (I don't have at home right now but to explain why blue: working with photos means adjusting the skin color in photos to 33% blue and 66% red+yellow. This may work to create a skin-like gelatin.).
Or just cocoa powder for a brown color.

Note: avoid using much curcuma - it seems to give a powerful yellow in the mix.

UPDATE after further testing:
- forget the colors. Add what you like, my theory created some weird brown color.
- never leave it at room temperature (in a drawer etc) as it is practically food. It is better to make a mould and melt it back (microwave kills some microorganisms), freeze after use. I always say it's just frozen soup in a bag so noone gets suspicious.
- use a condom. It tends to melt or get softer at body temperature.
- however I made a bouncing ball and I lost it in the room, made with minimum water. I found it exactly as I made it, not sticky, regardless the hot summer.

That's it!

Attachments

• 20190608_034520.jpg
    20190608_034520.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Reactions: Doctor Pervert

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Glycerin (or glycerol) is generally found in the medical section of supermarkets or from any pharmacy, it is mostly used as an ointment for dry skin.
In this mix it will most likely act as a stabiliser in the gelatin, while optional it would certainly help keep the gelatin more solid.
Most people are probably familiar with gelatin as jelly or jello where it is much more dilute so giving the soft edible texture. When combined with less water it sets hard but softens quickly again as it is heated.
The problems you may encounter using this are, at body temperature the mix gets quite soft and becomes friable (crumbles easily) so casting into a condom would certainly be a good idea!

Reactions: Kytten and andrei

andrei

• Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
Today was the first time I tested this (except cooking) and found the gelatin was not sticky to the hand and stable. The one I bought requires about 100mg of water to cook, instead I mixed it with just 2 TBs of water.

I forced bending it and it didn't crumble as I also thought. It is solid and nice to touch. I thought it will become sticky. Not at all.
I use gelatine in cooking but probably because I used small quantity of water it didn't stick to hands, nor even putting it in some water. So it seems to be a good solid mix for a dildo.

I cannot find glycerol here in any market (I am looking for about a month and I suffer from dry skin so I search a lot) so I thought I should try without it. Seems that it worked while using a small quantity of water. (except the photo when I took it out from the freezer I have to leave that bitch to room temperature to get it back to silicone like touch).

But I really recommend this mix. It feels like silicone and mostly like real skin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doctor Pervert

andrei

• Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
Next I will explain how to clone a dick using wax, water to make it less painfull, and a cup. I have to test it again before explaining (I made molds before but I couldn't find the right material to stick in).

andrei

• Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
I added some more water. It just became easy tearable. Or was it because I've frozen it? I keep the mix in the freezer to be hidden but people just recommend to keep it in low temp in the fridge. I think this can be kept at room temperature.

Color didn't work as I wanted.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Freezing may denature the material, this is common when freezing any kind of organic material. Basically the cells are like little bags full of water and freezing expands the water breaking the bag. This is why if you freeze many plants (like with a hard frost) they die, as gelatin is an organically derived product it most likely suffer a similar fate.

Reactions: andrei

andrei

• Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
I was trying to create molds, I noticed that an already made piece will not stick to an added bit. They need to be melted together. This gave me an idea: I can use the same jelly for molds and for the toys. So I made a few balls and a few bits to connect them. Hoping I find a good recipient for that toy length.

@droptokon you gave me a great idea with the condom.

I quit using molds and just filled a condom (too bad I bought one that seems small, I haven't used one for ages and I don't know what to pick).

I added a few rubber bands to shape it and the final result was a toy close to skin touch. I will melt it tomorrow again and try another shape and hopefully post a few photos. Or a quick vid showing the consistence and elasticity (not with me using it, God no!).

Seems the crumbling is due to the water I added in the mix. The water quantity must be kept at minimum. The recipe explained was ok but I added an extra TBs of water. Freezing/unfreezing the mix didn't matter (or helped me get rid of the extra water when unfreezing). And I was close to burn my microwave oven: it didn't matter I left a metal spoon inside (I always do, it was stuck into the mix :) ) but it did matter I forgot to put an additional cup of water to drive some waves away.

andrei

• Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
Kept one at room temperature and the following days it spoiled. Softened, bad smell and mold.

Freezing and defrosting seems ok. The compound really keeps its elasticity.

Da jungler

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Apr 28, 2021
How about using cornstarch instead of gelatin then follow the same steps?

MJPalm

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Jul 11, 2021
I have watched a lot of vids on YT regarding gelatin. Example:

I was worried I cannot find glycerin as required and I didn't know what is that for. I asked on GD and found it was something eatable but not found in my stores. Then I found out it's optional.
Gelatin with water can be combined into a silicone like material. A TbS of gelatin with starting 2TbS of water can create a rubber like non toxic material (eatable actually) that you can mold into a sex toy.

Mix them and leave for 5 minutes. Heat in microwave for 5-10 seconds. Stir then refrigerate for 15 minutes.

Harmful? Not what I can think of. Gelatin is obtained from boiled bones so it's natural stuff (if still worried, add a condom).

You can heat it in the microwave for a few seconds to melt it back for another mould (but never heat to boil temperature as boiling chemically might destroy the gelatin) and cast into another mold.
For color you can add sweet paprika powder (red), curcuma powder (yellow). Or metil for blue (I don't have at home right now but to explain why blue: working with photos means adjusting the skin color in photos to 33% blue and 66% red+yellow. This may work to create a skin-like gelatin.).
Or just cocoa powder for a brown color.

Note: avoid using much curcuma - it seems to give a powerful yellow in the mix.

UPDATE after further testing:
- forget the colors. Add what you like, my theory created some weird brown color.
- never leave it at room temperature (in a drawer etc) as it is practically food. It is better to make a mould and melt it back (microwave kills some microorganisms), freeze after use. I always say it's just frozen soup in a bag so noone gets suspicious.
- use a condom. It tends to melt or get softer at body temperature.
- however I made a bouncing ball and I lost it in the room, made with minimum water. I found it exactly as I made it, not sticky, regardless the hot summer.

That's it!

andrei

• Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
@andrei how durable was this do you think this is suitable for anal on a male?
Recommend using a condom.
The only reason is it might start to soften after a long run due to body temperature and becomes annoying when it happens. Actually the only time it melt was when I was using it as a butt plug.

andrei

• Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
How about using cornstarch instead of gelatin then follow the same steps?
Sorry for late response. I didn't use because it seemed to work differently. At low temperature it started to loose water. I cooked turkish delight once and it's based on corn starch but I made a mistake to put it in the fridge.

I need to hide my stuff, otherwise I would have bought a perfect toy long time ago. Gelatin is easy to melt and hide in my freezer near my soup stock. I cook and know my stocks.

Last edited:

Featured Threads

New Personals