Exhibitionism vs Exposure, whats the difference?

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
This is something that gets me almost daily inquiries so I'm going to address that now.

Exhibitionism and exhibitionists are very welcome here, this is a legitimate kink and we are happy to host discussions and content involving this. All we ask is that if you want to post photos of yourself doing your thing, and you like to include your face then you'll need to be verified first. Notice this is all about you, you posting you is fine by us and there is plenty of this kind of thing happening all the time. And honestly if you're an exhibitionist who loves to show everything including your face then verifying should be a pleasure, not a chore.

Exposure on the other hand is what we have had to ban. This is the sharing of other peoples photos which has proven to be way too problematic where the consent to publish those photos is concerned. Part of the issue stems from a trend for people to share photos then regret it later and want them back. Unfortunately that's not how digital photos and the internet works and once you send them to someone else you have lost control entirely. We as the host get caught in the middle, yes, you may have had permission at the time but now that person is screaming for me to take them down which we have a legal obligation to do.
At it's worst this was creating a lot of work for mods and admin as well as a lot of disgruntled members who didn't know where they stood. Often they had tried their best to make sure it was ok, only to find later they were being accused of posting without consent. The confusion and headaches as well as legal ramification finally lead to the site banning exposure and exposing entirely.

We still allow you to post photos of others when the content is not specifically for exposing them but to showcase other kinks. This can include your play partners but you still need their consent and in no circumstances can you include their face. In some instances if there is doubt about the consent or source of the photos they may be removed by staff, we'd always rather be safe than sorry in this regard.

To keep the distinction clear I'd like to see all members using the correct terminology in future, if you're posting photos of yourself, just showing off your nudity then you're an exhibitionist. You can't "expose" yourself as this implies something out of your control and if it's you doing it then pretty clearly you consent.

So by all means, show off, exhibit yourself and to make our job easier please verify.

andrei

<:: Verified ::>
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
Exposing someone else is a lame practice. Gives lot of fun adrenaline but that is exactly the illegal thing to do. Thinking back I understand why yourself exposure was kind of against the rules or needed to be verified or something. This relates to the blackmail fetish.

andrei

<:: Verified ::>
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
Folks ought to also be aware not only to remove faces of others from pictures to post, but also unique tattoos. Anything that would identify these individuals should be masked.
sometimes I wanted to take a nude but removed even items from my room in Photoshop. Or found another room to try, moved things around. I am afraid of my friends even I am sure they don't follow Kinktalk. But I worked in press design and I know what those press animals can do so I am scared to try anything exposing myself.

Featured Threads

New Personals