Which side do you agree with more?

• Total voters

nina

Verified Observer
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Apr 13, 2016
Do orgasms have health benefits? If yes, then is the kink of long term orgasm denial (for periods greater than 6 months) unjustifiable from the perspective that it is not in the best interests of the well-being of a sub?

Just want a healthy informative debate on the topic so feel free to post either for or against the motion but support your views with facts, reason, logic, experience etc

Reactions: kaylessa

Rlee

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Apr 24, 2019
Hm, this is an interesting one!
I'm in no way an authority on the matter, but here goes what's on my mind:

I understand that full sexual frustration can definitely be detrimental, and that things like orgasming can and do give you a physical benefit, such as mood improvements through hormones and neurotransmitters.

At the same time though, being teased and denied is known to give a similar effect. Unlike comparing other things, such as eating chocolate against wanting to eat chocolate, in which the former quite clearly gives you more benefit over the latter, the power of control and want in teasing and denial could very well be argued to give people the needed benefits, just like orgasming does!

However that can also definitely vary between subs, as for some being teased, and not allowed release, won't do nearly as much as an orgasm, while for others it's possible it'll be even better than doing so, even with the build up.

So my uneducated conclusion would be, I think keeping an eye on the sub, and important aspects such as mood and emotions and thoughts, among other things, as well as maintaining communication, is the one true way of making it feasible and determining if it can be continued :)

kaylessa

Distinguished Member
  • Bisexual
  • Genderqueer
  • Switch
Jan 7, 2019
I guess that really depends. I guess orgasms can help raise ones mood, so it can be healthy, but on the other hand there's a multitude of other things that can raise one's mood.

So as far as I understand, orgasms can be good for health, but the aren't necessary. And while orgasm denial is perfectly valid for most of us, some might have mood issues like depression - in the end orgasm denial is mind play.

So my uneducated conclusion would be, I think keeping an eye on the sub, and important aspects such as mood and emotions and thoughts, among other things, as well as maintaining communication, is the one true way of making it feasible and determining if it can be continued :)
That's exactly the conclusion I draw.

Reactions: MissKubo and nina

andrei

<:: Verified ::>
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Jan 9, 2008
Romania
As male I have played ruined orgasms scenarious.

They are simple healthful as normal ones. Fun for a guy to experience something else but nothing out of health.

Reactions: nina

AmvetSB

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Apr 21, 2019
Well, for women, regular and frequent orgasms promote sexual well-being as well as other hormone-driven physical health.
For men, so long as there is goo-purging going on, it doesn't have to be an 'orgasm' or pleasurable, simply purging/production/purging/etc. is enough to maintain what most would fuss over 'needing' to cum to keep healthy.
SO, I can't properly vote on this poll... some variables that play to both sides and stand out between men and women.

Rlee

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Apr 24, 2019
What makes you think males don't physically need orgasms for hormonal reasons?... Like I said, they are important for the emotional well being, and I think I can safely say that most males who struggle with happiness and are not turned on by teasing and denial would definitely feel a huge negative impact from lack of orgasms emotionally as well. And so would females, although there are physiological differences.

AmvetSB

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Apr 21, 2019
What makes you think males don't physically need orgasms for hormonal reasons?
You make a fair point! My post was somewhat jaded and geared at pointing out that with males, orgasms are not necessary for good physical health... in general... The original post/poll doesn't specify 'in cases where a sub has emotional issues' or suffers from depression or any other specifics.
I was simply generalizing from a male chastity lockee perspective that I do not nor do I know of anyone, otherwise in good health, where 'overall health' has been at risk from being denied orgasms, for any length of time, but specifically 'long term' since this was what was being inquired about.
SO:
'are regular orgasms necessary for good health?' If otherwise healthy, no "BUT..."
'long term [greater than 6 months] orgasm denial is perfectly justifiable' No - "IF...." and Yes - "IF...."
There is no simple yes or no for 'every male', and for males vs females, completely different approach and answer.
In my experience, as a male, in perpetual chastity (going on 5 years now) and often 'denied' orgasm long term (rarely more than 4 months but often/most of the time around 3-4 months) where other aspects of health and well-being are in good shape (specifically, yet not specifically related to sexual wellness), my health does not suffer from being denied orgasms.
HOWEVER - my body goes through a 'healthy' goo purging cycle around once a week-10 days, then produces more, then purges.... I'm mentioning this, again, because if this doesn't happen, it's cause for concern, but in nearly 5 years, this hasn't been an issue.
Anyway... The OP encouraged a debate on the subject(s), so, this is my bit. I'm citing my own experience and opinion on the matter.

nina

Verified Observer
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Apr 13, 2016
Sorry for my very late response. Like @AmvetSB said, the underlying assumption behind my thought process while asking the question was regarding health issues that would require conventional medical attention, though not implying emotional issues or mental well being should be overlooked.
However like any healthy debate, this one is also open to diverse perspectives and like @Rlee said happiness and emotional well being may also be considered as a part of overall health.
Having clarified my take on that, as a female I also do intuitively feel that orgasms promote other hormone-driven physical health apart from sexual/emotional well-being as mentioned above though I am not knowledgeable enough to share any scientific information. I do not know if the same is also true for those with male genitalia.

Some great perspectives shared by all posters above, looking forward to more responses.

Last edited:

AmvetSB

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Apr 21, 2019
Thanks, @nina for the reply!
I'm approaching the 6-month mark for the first time... I don't believe it's any different than 60-days or a year at this point... My legs haven't fallen off, so I think I can safely say, at least for me, being denied orgasms for this long hasn't had any specific negative affect :)

Featured Threads

New Personals