Holding myself accountable

andreaaaaa

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Aug 22, 2021
I have a habit of playing with my phone while driving. Whether it be to watch netflix or to answer a text. I know it’s dangerous but I’ve never been able to stop. Fortunately I have never came close to hitting anything or anyone.. until a few days ago. I was busy looking down at my phone, not realising that the car in front of me was making a u-turn. I was seconds away from crashing but was able to step on the brakes in time. Luckily, there was no one behind me because if there were, there would for sure be a crash. On the same trip, although this wasn’t as serious, I yet again was chatting with a friend at a traffic stop. Didn’t realise that the light had turned green until people were honking behind me. Let’s hope I don’t get a ticket on this one :)

Would really like some ideas on how I can hold myself accountable so it never comes to me getting into an accident. Preferably something that isn’t sexual and is somewhat related to my transgression. Thank you

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
Install one of the anti driving and texting apps. Some just silence notifications and and shot I’m driving replies. Others will read it out to you and take a verbal reply from so that it’s hands free and no reading required. And there used to be a few that block it all together.
Another direction could be to set a time per infraction. So maybe an hour per each. Where you lose phone privileges for that time.
me personally it’s super dangerous as you’ve now shown based on your story. So I’d say each infraction means phone completely powered off while driving for a day each time. People got along just fine for years before cell phone in cars existed.

Reactions: MissKubo

MissKubo

Kink Talk Prodigy
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Apr 15, 2011
This is super dangerous so you definitely need to do something to start controlling this habit... I think with all the things cellphones can do nowadays, they're absolutely an addiction; my husband and I have to stop ourselves losing hours to them scrolling pointless social media and YouTube content and focus on the time with our daughter, but using it while driving is a whole other thing.

I think you definitely need to start working on breaking that addiction and maybe imposing yourself some screen time limits for when you're out of the car; when you're in the car, touching the phone needs to be an absolute no no

Reactions: The king

andreaaaaa

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Submissive
Aug 22, 2021
This is super dangerous so you definitely need to do something to start controlling this habit... I think with all the things cellphones can do nowadays, they're absolutely an addiction; my husband and I have to stop ourselves losing hours to them scrolling pointless social media and YouTube content and focus on the time with our daughter, but using it while driving is a whole other thing.

I think you definitely need to start working on breaking that addiction and maybe imposing yourself some screen time limits for when you're out of the car; when you're in the car, touching the phone needs to be an absolute no no
Hi, thank you for your concern. The whole incident was a real eye opener for sure. On top of the app that subzzzero suggested, I’ll also be imposing the 1 hour lost of phone privileges for every infraction. Hopefully this will break the habit and prevent it from happen again.

Reactions: MissKubo

Sklavenhalter

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Dominant
Feb 26, 2018
This is really a very bad thing - peoples can be hurt oder worse.

If you really want to change this contact me on kik: sklavenhalter79 and we will find a way to punish you.

Featured Threads