How do you tell your dating partner that you are no longer interested?

yvonnewilcox

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Dominant
Jul 30, 2008
New York, NY
www.2hot4airwaves.com
How do you tell your dating partner that even though they have a good heart and you enjoy being with them but it is certain things that they like that you are not ready to accept.

For example, you meet someone and they like everything about you until one day they tell you, not to wear lipstick, do not cut your hair short, stop wearing mini skirts or you need to buy eyeglasses like my sister wears. All of these things that were ok when you met but now it is a problem.

The problem is telling them you want to break up because they are trying to take away everything that makes you, YOU!

The hard thing is, the sex/lovemaking is outstanding.:eek::confused::mad:

SubMissChievous

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jan 9, 2008
Canada
How about just being honest & say something like "I'm not comfortable in this relationship anymore"...

No offense, it's not only about this thread but more in general: I don't understand why people need to find what to say when something goes wrong... Just tell the truth! :)

I don't think I would find it hard to say if it were really a problem because I doubt I would find sex outstanding with some guy that would want me to wear the same eyeglasses as his sister :D

yvonnewilcox

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Dominant
Jul 30, 2008
New York, NY
www.2hot4airwaves.com
Yeah what is the deal with you wanting me to look like your sister?

How about just being honest & say something like "I'm not comfortable in this relationship anymore"...

No offense, it's not only about this thread but more in general: I don't understand why people need to find what to say when something goes wrong... Just tell the truth! :)

I don't think I would find it hard to say if it were really a problem because I doubt I would find sex outstanding with some guy that would want me to wear the same eyeglasses as his sister :D

You know you have a point there. I think he probably have a little incest interest in his sister. Hmm baby get the pants my sister wears. Get eyeglasses like my sister. What in the hell is wrong with that guy? LOL:confused:

Momof2

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jun 24, 2008
It is best to be honest, it happens to the best of us so honesty is the less painful way and it saves on any real misunderstandings later.

Dementyia

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Dominant
May 14, 2008
Honesty is the best policy. I'd have probably told the person that if they didn't like me for me, then why did they decide to date me?

I mean, if you like them a lot, then talk to them. Communication is key in all relationships, that and trust.

Featured Threads

New Personals