How to spot fakes

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
With the new verification process going well we have already had a great response, you will see several newly verified exposers with their distinctive titles that allows you to be sure you are chatting to this actual person and not some fake.
Unfortunately in this same period of positive change the fakes continue to plague the forum, with help from several diligent members I have confirmed and tagged 5 accounts with the much less enviable "suspected fake" titles. I will investigate anyone you suspect so please use the report button on their profile, post or album.

A while back I posted a guide with things to look out for with regards to fakes and I'll repeat it here just so everyone new gets up to speed.

1. If you suspect something isn't right check the users posting history, its a fairly common fact that liars forget what they've said so often reading back you will find contradicting statements from them. A common one is "age hopping" their profile says 24, an old post says 25, then another newer one says 23. They may also forget where they live and other basic things like that.
  2. If they post photos but they all look odd, grainy, strangely cropped, never in the same setting and so on then there is a good chance these are saved and edited old pics possible of an ex. C'mon its 2019, everyone has excellent cameras in their phones that take superb photos in just about any circumstance, dodgy photos just don't cut it. If the pics aren't decent resolution and in focus they are most likely a fake using edited pics.
  3. Repeat posting the same 5 or 10 photos is another clue, if they post then take down and keep reposting the same few photos this is a good indicator they are most likely using saved photos of an ex.
  4. Set tasks are completed too fast or too easily, if you know your stuff you will know roughly how long something should take, if they come back in 5 minutes saying something is done when it should take at least half an hour you know something is wrong. Another dead give away is if you set a task in real time and look at the current active member list and see they continue to browse the site they are not doing your task!
  5. Message and/or post spelling and grammar don't match the profile. Yes I know there are those who's first language isn't english plus autocorrect and autofill have a lot to answer for but you kind of get the feel for when you are chatting with a 30+ or an under 21 year old. If it seems wrong trust your gut, if your hot 26 year old Domme talks more like a 45 year old male accountant its probably a good time to say "thanks but no thanks!"
  6. Convenient reasons why verifying is an insult, inconvenient or impossible. As previously mentioned no good excuse for not being able to produce a photo, nudity isn't required either, simply a current pic. It doesn't even have to be a photo, a short voice recording can settle the M/F question in a few seconds. Trust is two way, if you're willing to do it why not them too?
  7. Don't let your desperation to find a sub or Domme cloud your judgment, males outnumber females here by almost 6 to 1 and the biggest problems with fakes are males impersonating females. And that number INCLUDES the fakes!
  8. Report your suspicions, chances are other may have reported this same person too and when the mods get several reports about the same person that is a good indicator a problem exists.
Above all if it smells fishy it probably is, catfishy...

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
I like to go back and search their kik or other messenger names using the search function here. It has helped out several fakes who return with new kink talk names but keep the same old kik or gmail.

Also when you access someone on kik you can see how many days theyve been on it. A 1 day old profile is probably a good sign somethings up.

Featured Threads

New Personals