If you flirt, are you cheating?

• Total voters

Momof2

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jun 24, 2008
No I don't think so I think it's a confidence builder there is no harm in flirting you are not actually getting up to anything.

kero

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Sep 2, 2008
essex sothend on sea
some see as talking flirting a few girls have thalt i was flirting when i was just talking but the reson why some see flirting as cheating is becuse what it can lead too not what it is at that time

i just see it as talking most the times it just depands how somone is some will touch you a lot beacuse thats how thay are so longs it is nothing out of what there normaly like with friends i find that ok

Hampers

• Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Jan 10, 2008
One of my exes used to get jealous when I talked to anyone else the same way I talked to her. Not in a dirty way, just in a strange way. She was a strange cookie.
On the other hand, I don't see flirting as a problem. As long as you don't act on it, I don't think of it as cheating.

KinkyKev87

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Slave
Sep 16, 2008
i dont go around flirting with everyone, but i also dont consider it cheating

applebooty

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Slave
Oct 3, 2008
As long as you don't do anything sexual with other people outside your relationship, I don't see how it's cheating.

SubMissChievous

Distinguished Member
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Private
Jan 9, 2008
Canada
hmm...

I had not voted on the poll because I was not 100% sure... voted no even though I'm still a little bit undecided... :D

I guess it would depend what is meant by "flirting"... I'm going pretty much with Hampers that if the person who flirts doesn't act on it then it isn't cheating. Rude (esp. if done right in front of your partner) perhaps but not cheating...

It reminds me of one of my exes... :D He had this nasty habit of telling in quite graphic details to other girls what he'd do to them if they got in bed together etc. I was utterly disgusted with his attitude then. Not because I felt cheated but I found he had to seriously lack any self-respect to act like this... But still hmm... maybe I find this kind of behaviour odd because I never felt the need to test my charms so to speak while being in a relationship... :)

applebooty

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Slave
Oct 3, 2008
It reminds me of one of my exes... :D He had this nasty habit of telling in quite graphic details to other girls what he'd do to them if they got in bed together etc. I was utterly disgusted with his attitude then. Not because I felt cheated but I found he had to seriously lack any self-respect to act like this... But still hmm... maybe I find this kind of behaviour odd because I never felt the need to test my charms so to speak while being in a relationship... :)

Wow. Not even in a joking way, just blatantly sexual and disrespectful like that? Anyway, I thought you'd said "it reminds me of one of my eyes."

Dementyia

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Dominant
May 14, 2008
Flirting is definitely not cheating. Taking a wink, nudge, or sly comment to the next level and getting romantically or physically involved on te other hand, is.

knick

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Oct 17, 2009
I don't think flirting is cheating. Only if you are flirting with intent to cheat is there a problem.
Just my take on it

knick

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Oct 17, 2009
Of course there is! Firstly flirtations without intent should be initiated in a controlled environment. This would be very public/party situations where you can remain in control. Secondly, you choose the person with whom you flirt so you can be a judge of where it could possibly lead. If you flirt in a situation that you cannot remain in control of it may either be considered dangerous or that there is a level of intent to slip beyond the innocent.
Flirtatious behaviour in the right situation is a win win thing because it should make two people feel good within themselves (maybe a bit frustrated but good eh!)

knick

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Oct 17, 2009
It depends on how excessively you are flirting.

I guess if your flirting is excessive then there is a level of intent to cheat anyway, by definition you are removing the level of control...

rgjmce

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Feb 27, 2009
to a woman thinking about another girl is cheating cause then you are mentally replacing them

masterlaw

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Nov 24, 2009
everyone has there own levels of cheating, one girl's opinion of flirting is compeltely different to anothers. I have a few good mates who are girls and some of my exes had a real problem with it, i have never cheated and never will.

She split with me cause of this, it was only oohh 10th date ish but she did not like the girls i was with. Fair enough she was honest and i respect her for that, we got on really well apart from that all well.

The other side of the coin is, on the whole it doesn`t really bother me if girls i`m datin or seein flirt. AS long, as they don`t try to hide it or anything and just have a laugh no harm in my opinon. It is a good confidence builder (as someone else state) i used to work in a nearly all girl environment and you have to give it back or you just get walked all over (so to speak).

sokkos

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Jan 11, 2010
Both me and my girlfriend have agreed we are allowed to flirt. Mainly because we can't help ourselves and do it without meaning to. As long as it doesn't go too far

adnamamag

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Switch
Apr 7, 2010
I have a really over the top personality, and I'm constantly semi-flirting (at the very least) with just about anyone I'm somewhat attracted to. And I can also be really inappropriate at times with what I say and do, so I think the important thing is for your partner to realize who you are and that you're committed to them, not the cutie in the corner.

HelloToast

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Switch
Apr 18, 2010
I completely agree with everyone.
Flirting is often without noticing it, if you see someone you are attracted to, you automatically smile with them, joke around maybe.
When or if you were to start getting physical and such, then it would be cheating. i think anyways, everyone else has there own opinon, and people should make find out what there parteners limits are..

Featured Threads

New Personals