It's all in your head.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
There is a classic stage hypnotist trick where they ask audience members to interlace their fingers then tells them mysteriously they can't pull them apart. Usually this works on about 1/3 to 2/3 of the audience who find they are indeed unable to undo their fingers until he tells them they can.
The mind has its own mysterious ways so why would it do this to you, why allow what someone else says to be so powerful it overrides common sense?
One theory is that its a survival adaptation from our days on the savanna, if the pack leader says "stop, be quiet!" or "hide!" you do it without question, "don't move" or we will all be attacked by the leopard. Instinctive survival, obey the leader.
The medulla (and some other bits) controls your instincts, this is the basic brain shared by all animals, sometimes called the reptilian brain, fight or flight happens here, it's what helps all animals survive but in humans it can be tricked by feeding it false signals. Where do the false signals come from, the higher brain of course, the bits that allow imagination and thinking. So when we imagine a threat to be present the reptilian brain overhears this and goes to work resulting in the real physiological responses we get, sweating, blushing, raised heart rate, ready to flee.
This is the mechanism at work in a lot of kink bdsm play, being tied up puts you in peril but not really because its a controlled situation. Then your brain takes over and starts feeding those false signals and the real response happens. The fact that the same reptilian part of the brain is also in control of sex means these signals can get amplified together, "we're about to die, lets fuck" is a real thing. That survival instinct is easily tricked and suddenly the terror gets overridden by lust, "I'm about to die but you might not, if you have my baby the species lives on!!"
This trickery happens in even the simplest of kinky tasks, a good example is the "drop your panties" task I posted recently. Most who try this are convinced that every single person in the shopping mall is watching them and knows what a dirty slut they are. But of course again that's the higher brain imagining a situation and then feeding it to the reptilian brain making you sweat and blush and feel panic. By standing and observing you soon see everyone is busy in their own business, tending kids, reading shopping lists, texting on their phones, no one even notices you.
Yet still even when you know this it feels thrilling, why? Because you can't turn the reptilian brain off with logic, you know you're ok but its saying, "are you sure, what about behind you?"

And this is just the tip of the iceberg, the brain is central to everything in kink and bdsm from submission to subspace, dominance, sadism the list goes on and on but it's all in your head...

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
This is awesome. I thoroughly enjoy feeding thoughts similar to that into my subs head as shes doing something semi public whether its plugged or no panties on or rope harness below clothes etc. I suggest that "hey do you think that guys looking at you ? maybe that lady thinks youre walking funny." It does a thorough job at getting her brain in that mindset and it just takes over and consumes her. it helps make the entire scene way more intense and in her case she loves it even more.

Reactions: Doctor Pervert

LittleKitten189

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Oct 2, 2022
That's very interesting read. Once my Master made me go outside with a nipple clamps on. It was a middle of winter so there was no way someone could see them but whenever someone passed me I was thinking what if....

Reactions: Doctor Pervert

Featured Threads

New Personals