Not open for further replies.

depp

sysop
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Staff member
Nov 20, 2007
After about 24 hours of downtime is back! You might notice that things look a little different... they are!

Please hang with us while we get everything working smoothly again. There are rough edges and I'm at the point where I need a day's worth of rest. I've temporarily hidden the personal section but kept Short Form Personals going for now. Personals will return later. A bunch new stuff will be coming too!

One bit of sad news is we had to discontinue blogs. For now your blogs posts live in the Blogs section of the forums list. I personally really want blogs back in their old form... it just won't happen soon. That said, if/when it does, the posts in the blogs section will clump back into their familiar blog format.

I'm off to sleep and then relax for a day but will return to polish up this place soon!

aria.dne

Kink Talk Member
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Jun 4, 2016
I'm really liking the new update!!! Are you gonna do the same on getdare? :D

Ana The Sniper

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Feb 8, 2018
After about 24 hours of downtime is back! You might notice that things look a little different... they are!

Please hang with us while we get everything working smoothly again. There are rough edges and I'm at the point where I need a day's worth of rest. I've temporarily hidden the personal section but kept Short Form Personals going for now. Personals will return later. A bunch new stuff will be coming too!

One bit of sad news is we had to discontinue blogs. For now your blogs posts live in the Blogs section of the forums list. I personally really want blogs back in their old form... it just won't happen soon. That said, if/when it does, the posts in the blogs section will clump back into their familiar blog format.

I'm off to sleep and then relax for a day but will return to polish up this place soon!

So I take it Blogs are just currently (for the foreseeable future) going to be in a thread format then? Just trying to figure out if I should back up my blog posts to my hard drive or not!

depp

sysop
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Staff member
Nov 20, 2007
So I take it Blogs are just currently (for the foreseeable future) going to be in a thread format then? Just trying to figure out if I should back up my blog posts to my hard drive or not!

That's correct. I'll definitely not just remove those posts though.

nina

Verified Observer
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Private
Apr 13, 2016
Love the new design.:) nice to see our blogs retained in this update in thread format, but does that mean old blogs can't be made private (or friends only) anymore or edited.

depp

sysop
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Staff member
Nov 20, 2007
Love the new design.:) nice to see our blogs retained in this update in thread format, but does that mean old blogs can't be made private (or friends only) anymore or edited.
Shit, never thought about that. Yea, we are missing the privacy features. I DO want to bring blogs back. There is just not a a straightforward way to do that right now.

Reactions: nina

eoin62

Kinky Newbie
  • Gay
  • Male
  • Submissive
Sep 14, 2018
Looks great! Welcome to the 21st Century! And thanks for the hard work getting the upgrade done.

Ana The Sniper

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Feb 8, 2018
That's correct. I'll definitely not just remove those posts though.

Well that's good to know! I know I'm not really active but I had just started a new blog on here haha. I love this design though. I definitely appreciate the darker theme. It makes it much easier on the eyes and just looks spiffy.

Reactions: depp

Sanpow89

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Dec 6, 2010
Oh, i realy don't like this new desing at all... I'm missing the 'xx unread Posts'-Button, the option to start reading a thread at the latest unread-post and it just looks likes it just made to look good - not to be usefull. The Albums are weired now and who need those trophies?

Why is there always the user-pic next to the threads? That's very unusefull. People always look at pics instead of text (that's prooven by science) - but i want to read the threads and not watch random user-pics.

Why are the PNs i sent and got mixed up?

For me this whole update is very unusefull and if getdare gets the same update i'm very sure i'll leave the site. I very much like the old one - no space for unneeded pics etc - just a very easy and usefull forum-style. I wish it would come back...

edit: I also don't like this 'Colorfull-circle with First Letter' as userpic... it just made it more unneeded colorful... A not very colorful standart-Pic (if you realy need one) for everyone who didn't uploaded a pic would be much better (as it was before...)

Hammarling

Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Jun 7, 2015
Having a few issues with the updated site, figured this is the threat to share them as you don't seem to have a proper feedback or troubleshooting thread...

The look, i've got used to it. Still not that great imo, but it's far from ugly. However just some basic functionality is bad, inconvenient and in some cases just plain broken...

Signatures: So i was editing my profile to update it to suit the new look and features. I went to edit my signature, just remove a little bit that's out of date. Then it told me it was 4 lines too long. However that too long signature was displaying properly! Instead i've now had to cut my signature way down and squish it all together!
Is there some way to increase the line size of signatures? The current one is very small and doesn't allow for any proper spacing of lines or sections.

Customization: Is there some way to chage what displays on the home page? Or some way to request changes to the layout? For example, i don't care about Latest Profile Posts, but i do care about seeing who is currently online. Swapping thsoe two around would majorly improve my user experience, especially as there are so few profile posts made.
There's more i'd like to see changed in the look and placement of things, and overall scale down the front page (seriously, it's way too long to scroll down), but i understand this is probably all locked into the chosen template. There's more i'd say here around Albums and a few other pages on the site, but i know these are locked to the template so there's no point mentioning them here as i doubt you're going to change everything again.

Tophies: Not so much a request, but can someone explain to me A) What they mean? and B)What the point of them is? Likes i can understand but Trophies i'm just not understanding.

Finally, i like that the site was updated, and that it seemed to follow on from the discussion on why KT wasn't getting much kink talk. I guess my question is what the mods have in mind to help foster more conversation and interaction from the users?

maxperv

<:: Verified ::>
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Oct 27, 2014
Is there a way to configure the display of posts that the most recent post is at the top of the first page instead of the bottom of the last page of posts?

Ravosi

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Oct 20, 2018
I'm also not fond of the new design. Looks like you can't search members by country anymore either, which was probably the only thing I really used, except for looking at albums which also seems way less attractive now...

I'll wait for a little while to see if things improve; otherwise I'll simply remove my account.

poetrylover828

<<::: Verified :::>> Panda ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Submissive
Aug 19, 2017
So far for me the site changes have been nice. But Im a little confused on how to send a message. When I set it up it seems all correct but when i hit send the site says I cant send one to that person. Im just not sure if I am putting the user name in wrong or if there is something new with that.

Ravosi

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Switch
Oct 20, 2018
Who knows how you can properly completely delete your account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Threads

New Personals