Looking for name of a kink

Rleee

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Sep 20, 2021
Hello!
I'm looking today specifically for the name of a kink.

I can best describe it as being turned on by demonstrations of protection and caretaking. I know it's pretty often a core element in ageplay, and also commonly present in petplay, but I also know it needs neither to exist...

An example would be being sexually aroused by someone you feel comfortable around, trying to make you feel better about something such as, say, a headache. "Did you eat recently? Have you been reading in the dark? I hope you feel better soon, I don't like seeing you this way..."

Does anyone know the specific name of this kink?

Merlin

• Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Staff member
Jan 9, 2008
Germany
Dont think i ever heard of a name for it , doesnt mean there isnt of course

Only thing that comes to mind is the idea of a "soft dom". A dom that prefers to be dominant by being supportive and less by being forceful

new_path

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Slave
Apr 9, 2021
Perhaps the term you are looking for is demisexual?
When a strong emotional connection is a requirment for, or even feeds into, sexual attraction. This is one that I can certainly relate to

Rleee

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Male
  • Switch
Sep 20, 2021
What's wrong with the umbrella term "caretaking" you used yourself?
Hmm, that would be fine, but that, at least to me, seems to imply a bit of an ageplay dynamic...

Perhaps the term you are looking for is demisexual?
When a strong emotional connection is a requirment for, or even feeds into, sexual attraction. This is one that I can certainly relate to
The thing is, here the emotional part isn't a necessary thing. I'm talking about when you get physically aroused by it when it happens, even though you might not need it at all for sexual attraction to happen.
Basically, you get turned on by it, but it doesn't need to be there for you to be turned on

Dont think i ever heard of a name for it , doesnt mean there isnt of course

Only thing that comes to mind is the idea of a "soft dom". A dom that prefers to be dominant by being supportive and less by being forceful
That does relate to the idea. The only thing here is, you don't need there to be a domination dynamic at all for it to happen...

Dave47630

Senior Kink Talk Member
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
Apr 3, 2017
Newburgh, indiana
Wouldn't it be two terms? One for the appeal of the one nurturing and another for the appeal of being nurtured.

With the help of Google translate (to latin)...
almaephilia for the love of nurturing
nutriturphilia for the love of being nurtured

consolatiphilia might be applied to either

Featured Threads

New Personals