Love and Leashes-Netflix Movie

paddledmale28

Verified male
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
May 20, 2013
Earth
Has anyone watched the netflix movie love and leashes? I had high hopes for it after reading some things about it online, but I couldn’t get into it. Maybe something was lost in translation in the English dubbing. The bdsm scenes seemed decent, but the the acting seemed to jump to conclusions. Like the main male character (he’s the sub) immediately asked the female main character to be his master but the dialogue leading up to it didn’t seem to make sense.

Secretary might still be my preferred bdsm movie.

Anyone else have any thoughts on love and leashes?

Nikki_luv

Banned
  • Bisexual
  • Female
  • Switch
Apr 18, 2021
Has anyone watched the netflix movie love and leashes? I had high hopes for it after reading some things about it online, but I couldn’t get into it. Maybe something was lost in translation in the English dubbing. The bdsm scenes seemed decent, but the the acting seemed to jump to conclusions. Like the main male character (he’s the sub) immediately asked the female main character to be his master but the dialogue leading up to it didn’t seem to make sense.

Secretary might still be my preferred bdsm movie.

Anyone else have any thoughts on love and leashes?
It was a good one. I mean it was mostly fun oriented though it didnt show a lot of bdsm stuff properly

subdream

Distinguished Member
  • Bisexual
  • Genderfluid
  • Submissive
Feb 18, 2022
allmylinks.com
Well, unfortunately most films don't show BDSM stuff properly. I suppose it's because the depth of BDSM can't be portraied within 180 minutes or less.

KpopSlut

*VERIFIED*
  • Straight
  • Female
  • Switch
Mar 4, 2022
So I've watched it and it's actually very good, especially when it comes to the discussion of consent....which I tend to find lacking in a lot of BDSM films out there.

The bdsm scenes seemed decent, but the the acting seemed to jump to conclusions. Like the main male character (he’s the sub) immediately asked the female main character to be his master but the dialogue leading up to it didn’t seem to make sense.

A lot gets lost in translation though. If you don't have a basic understanding of Korean culture (which is very age-focused....there are different types of speech you use depending on who you're talking to and their rank and age vs. yours) and Hangul, then some things do get lost in translation and make scenes like this feel awkward. The Korean language is very different from English, and they have a lot more words with multiple meanings depending on how they're being used....and they don't always state the subject in a sentence, sometimes it's implied....so the translations can seem a little off at times.

If you look past anything that seemed stiff or awkward and write it off as an issue with translation though, the movie itself is very good.

paddledmale28

Verified male
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Submissive
May 20, 2013
Earth
So I've watched it and it's actually very good, especially when it comes to the discussion of consent....which I tend to find lacking in a lot of BDSM films out there.

A lot gets lost in translation though. If you don't have a basic understanding of Korean culture (which is very age-focused....there are different types of speech you use depending on who you're talking to and their rank and age vs. yours) and Hangul, then some things do get lost in translation and make scenes like this feel awkward. The Korean language is very different from English, and they have a lot more words with multiple meanings depending on how they're being used....and they don't always state the subject in a sentence, sometimes it's implied....so the translations can seem a little off at times.

If you look past anything that seemed stiff or awkward and write it off as an issue with translation though, the movie itself is very good.
Guess it’s time to learn Korean….

Reactions: KpopHubby

Featured Threads

New Personals