New and don't know what to do?

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
So you've just signed up, started looking around but you're not sure what to do next?

Right so first things first, do some housekeeping.

Fill out your profile, this doesn't have to complete or comprehensive and saying something like "I'm new and still looking around" is fine. Just go through the sections on your "About" tab and put something in each.
These things might seem boring but they will save you a ton of junk messages later about stuff you aren't into. It is very worthwhile to add at least a rough location, the Kink Talk community is worldwide so adding a city or at least a state will let others know what timezone you are in which can help a lot with communication!

You might want to add an avatar, this should be a fairly generic pic (no genitals permitted) and can be of you, your dog or just something you like. It makes your presence in posts more noticeable. This is visible to anyone visiting the site which is why it needs to be "clean".

You may be tempted to jump right in and post at this point but careful now, posts can be read by guests (and google) so putting your kik, snapchat or other ID's in posts is a bad idea. Anyone including non-members can grab these and start bombing you with unsolicited messages.

So what about photos? Sure post photos, we love to see them but again be aware that once out there they are most likely out there for good. If they are nice pics this is more likely to happen, people will save them and some will repost them other places. So be sensible, and don't expect us (staff) to be able to clean up the mess if you change your mind.
On the other hand, we will not tolerate posting of photos without consent so if someone does this to you report them to the staff immediately.

Do lots of reading and try responding to existing threads to start out rather than creating new ones. There is likely going to be a thread already covering your topic so just add to that. Use the correct forums, personal ads should go there only, posting multiple places will only get you the wrong kind of attention as a spammer!

And finally don't be afraid to pm someone directly if you like their posts, you may be shy about responding publicly so this is the best way to get active.

Most of all have fun and enjoy yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: LonelyMilf31

AzazelE

Kinky Newbie
  • Bisexual
  • Non-Binary
  • Switch
Jan 28, 2019
Florida
Would you believe I was just scrolling through forums, looking like a lost lamb as I tried to figure out the best way to jump in, when I happened upon this handy thread? I wish every site had one of these posts on the home page. Say what you want, I think everyone feels a bit of trepidation when they register for a new site. While the information is useful, the best part is that someone thought about how new users would feel and took the time to offer a little guidance.

You rock!

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Thanks for reading and glad to know its useful, I need to do some housekeeping since there are several things that don't apply any longer!

Featured Threads

New Personals