Personal ads flooding all sections of the site

domry

Kinky Newbie
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
Nov 28, 2017
Is there anything that can be done to prevent personal ads flooding all sections of the site ever forum is filled with poorly written 2 line requests for company. Could the admits not issue warning or suspensions to the repeat offenders to try and keep the discussion areas you know free for discussion. I'm aware that this must be a losing battle but there must be something that can be done. Any ideas anyone?

subzzzero

Kink Talk Guru
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Dominant
Dec 6, 2015
I have seen pretty solid support from the admin and mods here. They make many contributions to posts as well as starting discussions of thier own. But take into consideration that it's a full time job to police the ignorant. Even closing the thread banning the account will still not fix the issue. The person will just make a new one and creep in with the same garbage. The forums thrive on active users and posts. So kinda double edge sword. How would you filter out the bad posters without devoting an extreme amount of time reading every single post? They have full hands keeping it all usable and productive. You can always report the posts and I've seen pretty fast action on those. Keep in Mind the scammers and underage will always be priorities for them.

I always just hope that those people posting half assed one liners begging or demanding play pics vids etc. are passed over and realized to be not worth the time to read or respond to.

Doctor Pervert

Retired
  • Straight
  • Male
  • Private
May 19, 2013
Since the upgrade we (mods) have new tools available to us to help police this.
First you notice a big popup in all forums advising not to post personals in the discussion areas.
Second we are actively warning anyone somehow missing this huge prompt, they receive a warning and their ad is moved to the correct personals section.
This is still a manual process but much simplified and we have already warned about a dozen members. This attracts a warning point, receive 2 points and the member will get a temp ban.
I should mention that due to time constraints we are not current able to go too deep into the forums to retrospectively move ads but going forward things should stay cleaner.
Hopefully you are already seeing this effect!

Last edited:

Featured Threads

New Personals